Jul 18, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's too early to send an update letter to medical schools. So far, I've received three rejections, but have not heard anything from other schools..

I was planning to write about tutoring and being involved in another research project.
What are your thoughts?

Jun 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it's too early to send an update letter to medical schools. So far, I've received three rejections, but have not heard anything from other schools..

I was planning to write about tutoring and being involved in another research project.
What are your thoughts?
Do you think those are significant enough for a school to change its decision or bump you up? It might be just me, but I don't believe in pre-interview updates unless it's major. Probably won't hurt you though, although I'm not sure.

PlaqueBuster

"Perfect" practice makes you perfect
Oct 9, 2014
Polar Vortex Tundra
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Like the poster mentioned above only, significant things matter. Starting a new project or tutoring will probably not help as much because you just started and don't have much experience in them to write anything significant. Also, you got 3 rejections already so there were probably others things on your application that caused schools to deny you acceptance. Updating on these two will probably not help in that sense.

Reactions: Oblige