1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Question from practice exam ON the MCAT??

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by ch0sen1, Dec 22, 2008.

1. ch0sen1

2+ Year Member

I have not started my MCAT prep at all, so this may be a nooby question, but I was just wondering how closely related are the MCAT practice exams to the actual/real MCAT? Have there been the "exact" same questions from practice exams on real MCAT exams?

2. SN2ed

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes, there have been repeated questions. I'm not sure how much we can talk about this subject. I know there's a policy of not posting actual MCAT questions...

3. ch0sen1

2+ Year Member

Well no, I just want to know if there are repeated questions and if they are frequent. Also, how similar are the questions?

I dont want to know exact questions...

4. futuredoctor10

Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    When you ask how closely related are the MCAT practice exams to the actual/real MCAT, are you saying in general? In general there are repeated questions; I would not say they are very frequent. The questions are usually variations of the same concept when/if they "repeat" but are rarely the same question persay.

It also depends on which practice exams you are looking at. Looking at just AAMC practice and the real MCAT, I don't think any questions from exams 3-10 "repeated." But a few things on my MCAT were the same question or very similar to some questions in Kaplan.

5. fizzle

fizzle New Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I remember that one of the questions on the real MCAT when I took it was the exact same, with the same answer choices and all, as one of the questions on the practice AAMC exams. I went :eek: for a moment, then :D

6. RySerr21

RySerr21 i aint kinda hot Im sauna
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    One of my writing sample prompts was the exact same to the one I had read the night before on the AAMC website (or whatever website has all those prompts listed). This might seem cool, but the night before when I read it I was like "hmm i have no idea what that word means. Oh well, What are the chances of me getting this prompt?"

:eek:

I stared at the screen in disbelief for about 5 minutes, the proceeded to BS the whole thing.

7. dr zaius

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It rarely happens. If you're thinking about memorizing questions and answers; don't do it. It's a waste of time. Understanding the underlying concepts is the best way to prepare. There are no true "short-cuts" when it comes to the MCAT :(

8. ch0sen1

2+ Year Member

LOL oh god...that would suck. What did you end up getting on the essay?

9. junkct

5+ Year Member

good god it looks like you BSed that puppy pretty well!

10. WeedKiller87

WeedKiller87 DINNER BLASTER!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    There was one question on my real MCAT that came from one of the Exam Krackers books, but the funny thing is, I still got it wrong. :laugh:

To prepare, study the material and do a lot of questions. By the time you take the test, many of the questions will look similar to questions you have already seen.