Question on integrity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ni1980

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you answer questions like: Why do you think integrity is important? Describe a situation in which your integrity was challenged and how you dealt with it?

Unfortunately, I can't think of any situations when my integrity was challenged, or atleast a situation that I can speak about to the interviewer!!!

Members don't see this ad.

You CAN say that your integrity was never challenged.
However.......

Then go on to say how you might deal with it IF were ever challenged.

i'm at a loss...sheesh! that's a hard one! maybe someone made an assumption about you that was totally false?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Ni1980 I can't think of any situations when my integrity was challenged

:confused: You were never asked to or tempted to do drugs, lie for yourself or someone else, participate in cheating, fudge data, not return something you found or excess change given to you? You have been leading a sheltered life!! :D Gower's suggestion is a good one, if, in fact, your integrity has never been challenged. With all the big business accounting scandals in the headlines, you have an abundance of current events to bring in to show how integrity or lack of it can have big consequences. Is this a secondary question, or are you prepping for interviews? Good luck with your apps! :)

I am just preparing for my interviews. I lhave one at UIC and they seem to ask a lot of those questions!

I've got a story for you SDNers.

Three years ago when I was a org. chem lab graduate TA, I had a female student who did not turn in her assignments on time. There was always a penalty for lateness and to make matters worse she was not bright.

Before the final exam, she wanted to know what she could expect for a final grade. I told her she would most likely get a D. She asked me if she could redo her assignments (lab reports) for a better grade. I told her no.

Somehow she obtained my phone number and called me the weekend before the final exam and propositioned me to change her grade in exchange for sex. Of course, I said no and thought that was the end of that. Boy was I wrong! After I gave a review session, guess who was waiting for me outside the building? She even followed me to my car asking that I reconsider her offer.

Ethically it was an easy choice to make. Hormonally, now that's another story for she was an exotic Persian woman.:D