Question on listing colleges and courses in AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EssentialOil123

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took summer classes at a university in the summer of 2016 and summer of 2019. Is the only option to list the college twice because of the non-continuous dates? This means for courses, the same university shows up twice for each duration.
Additionally, do I have to designate Pass/Fail for classes like seminars/colloquiums and other courses that aren't really "lecture" but aren't graded? I would have to checkmark lecture only, right?

Additionally, I transferred school between Freshman to Sophomore year and there's one AP credit listed on the 1st school's transcript but all of them listed on the 2nd. Since there is an overlap of that one AP course and AMCAS said not to list the course twice, should I list that AP credit on the first school or second's courses? What would be the year in school, academic year and academic term be if the 1st school lists the AP course semester as Pre-Matriculation 2015 and the second school lists it under transfer credit Summer 2015. They both provide the same credit for that AP course.

One of my course names is "Topics in Modern French Culture: French Culture and A Its Changing Nature in France" which doesn't fit. Should I just shorten it to "Topics in Modern French Culture" or write as much as I can then use ellipse?

Is there a way for changing academic year to not wipe out the entire entry?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: