Question regarding CC transfer credits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RYost234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I will be an incoming Sophomore at a local community college and am planning on transferring into UIUC Fall 2017.

I have taken Gen Bio 1 and 2, however, neither of the two classes carry over to UIUC.

Would these two classes still fulfill the pre reqs for med school, even if they don't transfer, or would I have to take the two "General college Bio" equivalent classes at UIUC to complete the year long pre req of bio for med school?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I will be an incoming Sophomore at a local community college and am planning on transferring into UIUC Fall 2017.

I have taken Gen Bio 1 and 2, however, neither of the two classes carry over to UIUC.

1) Would these two classes still fulfill the pre reqs for med school, even if they don't transfer, or
2) would I have to take the two "General college Bio" equivalent classes at UIUC to complete the year long pre req of bio for med school?
1) Yes.

2) Whether you'd need to retake them would depend on whether they are prerequisites to taking further Bio classes through UIUC. You will probably want some upper-level Bio. UIC, for example, requires some.

Yes they would count toward med school, although it may be advised to take another semester or 2 of upper Division bio- mobio, genetics etc of which gen bio may be a prerequisite

See if you can appeal, or get the prerequisite waived for those classes if you feel comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
1) Yes.

2) Whether you'd need to retake them would depend on whether they are prerequisites to taking further Bio classes through UIUC. You will probably want some upper-level Bio. UIC, for example, requires some.

Thank you, do you think it would be a problem getting approval for the upper levels without having to retake them?

Yes they would count toward med school, although it may be advised to take another semester or 2 of upper Division bio- mobio, genetics etc of which gen bio may be a prerequisite

See if you can appeal, or get the prerequisite waived for those classes if you feel comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks for replying this helped a lot! Out of curiosity, would it be difficult to get a class waivered if I got an A in both bios?