Question Regarding Listing J.C. courses taken while in H.S. on AMCAS APP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Giggles411

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I took 4 courses (Comp Sci, Psych, Bio, and Heatlh Ed) at a Community College while I was still in High School and they are all listed on my Transcript. SO does that mean I must include ALL OF THEM on my AMCAS APP? Also, Would the Psycho, Bio and Health fall under the "BCPM" category as Science classes? Thank you so much!!!
"Love, Peace, and Happiness":love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I took 4 courses (Comp Sci, Psych, Bio, and Heatlh Ed) at a Community College while I was still in High School and they are all listed on my Transcript. SO does that mean I must include ALL OF THEM on my AMCAS APP? Also, Would the Psycho, Bio and Health fall under the "BCPM" category as Science classes? Thank you so much!!!
"Love, Peace, and Happiness":love:

Yes and only Bio would fall under BCPM

Thanks Riceman. I appreciate it. But, why wouldn't Health and Psych fall under BCPM? Considering that in the Psych class we studied Neurological disorders and in the Health class we covered how the body functions while under intense exercise, diet etc. Based on the content, can't I list those two classes as Science as well? Sorry, I seem like I'm pushing it, just that I got a B in the Bio and As in Health and Psych :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Riceman. I appreciate it. But, why wouldn't Health and Psych fall under BCPM? Considering that in the Psych class we studied Neurological disorders and in the Health class we covered how the body functions while under intense exercise, diet etc. Based on the content, can't I list those two classes as Science as well? Sorry, I seem like I'm pushing it, just that I got a B in the Bio and As in Health and Psych :rolleyes:

You can't put Health and Psych as BCPM because the AMCAS instructions say so:

http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/advisors/2008amcasinstructions.pdf

Look at page 44

Psych is a behavioral and social science

Health is a health science.

They are VERY clear on their BCPM classifications and they'll just change them if you try to put non-BCPM classes as BCPM (which stands for Bio, Chem, Math, Physics - so its pretty clear already).

Yes, it sucks, but at least it sucks for everyone.

Brilliant! Should really get into the habit of reading instructions. That would help. I guess I've just been dreading having to go on that scary website of theirs. Thanks!:D