question to any international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kc006h

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i want to get some advise from any dental studnet who is not American( international stuidnet).

Was it hard to get in the school as an interantional student?
was there any disadvantages?

i want to know all detail things that i hav to know.

thank you~~

Members don't see this ad.

Was it hard? It's hard whether you are international or not. You are more limited in the number of schools you could apply to. Some schools only accept residents of their states, a.k.a you don't qualify.

Get the manual for dental school admissions in North america from ADEA/ADDSAS. You'll know whcih school to apply from there. I personally checked out the number of int'l students a school accept each year to see their acceptance trend. I applied to about 16 schools. It was considerably more than normal applicants. But since I applied really late it was necessary.

I got rejected from 4 (UOP, LLU, UDMercy, Temple)
Waitlisted at 3 (UMB, Marquette, Creighton)
accepted at 3 (Boston, Tufts, NYU)
haven't heard from 5 (USC, Columbia, UPenn, forgot the other 2)
will decline interview at Nova SE

I will go to Tufts, which is a great thing since they are no 6 in Natl Board performance.

But my advice to you is to apply EARLY (like June) and apply to schools that are close to your stat. I know in 2 out of 4 rejections I got was because I was late, my stats are a bit higher than theirs. I took the DAT in January.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any other questions.

i cannot find the book you told me
manual for dental school admissions in North america from ADEA/ADDSAS.
where should i go to find it?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by maris:
Was it hard? It's hard whether you are international or not. You are more limited in the number of schools you could apply to. Some schools only accept residents of their states, a.k.a you don't qualify.

Get the manual for dental school admissions in North america from ADEA/ADDSAS. You'll know whcih school to apply from there. I personally checked out the number of int'l students a school accept each year to see their acceptance trend. I applied to about 16 schools. It was considerably more than normal applicants. But since I applied really late it was necessary.

I got rejected from 4 (UOP, LLU, UDMercy, Temple)
Waitlisted at 3 (UMB, Marquette, Creighton)
accepted at 3 (Boston, Tufts, NYU)
haven't heard from 5 (USC, Columbia, UPenn, forgot the other 2)
will decline interview at Nova SE

I will go to Tufts, which is a great thing since they are no 6 in Natl Board performance.

But my advice to you is to apply EARLY (like June) and apply to schools that are close to your stat. I know in 2 out of 4 rejections I got was because I was late, my stats are a bit higher than theirs. I took the DAT in January.

Good luck and don't hesitate to ask any other questions.

Admission Requirements of US and Canadian Dental Schools is the exact name for it.
You get the book through ADDSAS/ADEA
You could buy it through their website at www.adea.org

[This message has been edited by maris (edited April 12, 2001).]