Questions about CYMS Tool and letters of interest/intent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LiteralLungs

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I wanted to clarify what schools are able to see via the CYMS tool. I am accepted to one school and waitlisted at a few others. I have chosen PTE at the accepted medical school. Can the waitlisted schools see that I have chosen PTE at the accepted school?

Also, I realize that, after April 17th, I am not supposed to hold multiple acceptances. However, how does this work if a waitlisted school accepts me after this date? I would then be accepted to 2 schools, am I to make a decision immediately about which school to drop based on the no multiple acceptance rule?

Also, I am waitlisted at 2 other medical schools. They interviewed and waitlisted me later in the cycle (January) right after I had sent both of them letters of interest. Should I send them both additional letters of interest?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,
I wanted to clarify what schools are able to see via the CYMS tool. I am accepted to one school and waitlisted at a few others. I have chosen PTE at the accepted medical school. Can the waitlisted schools see that I have chosen PTE at the accepted school?
On April 30 a school that has accepted or waitlisted you will be able to see that you have chosen PTE at another institution, but they will not see the name of the institution.

Also, I realize that, after April 17th, I am not supposed to hold multiple acceptances. However, how does this work if a waitlisted school accepts me after this date? I would then be accepted to 2 schools, am I to make a decision immediately about which school to drop based on the no multiple acceptance rule?
I suggest you read the Traffic Rules again. The system is designed to allow waitlist movement in a reasonable and orderly fashion. If you are accepted off a waitlist after April 30 you will have a period of time to accept or decline the offer. If you accept then you will go into the CYMS tool and move your PTE to the new institution. If you do nothing then the offer will evaporate once the period is over.

Also, I am waitlisted at 2 other medical schools. They interviewed and waitlisted me later in the cycle (January) right after I had sent both of them letters of interest. Should I send them both additional letters of interest?
Are you familiar with the definition of insanity?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users