Questions about medical license application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vefant

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am currently a fellow who has been resigned from the fellowship training.
I was put into remediation in the fellowship
unfortunately, though I did made some improvement but not enough to out of remediation.
I also feel this specialty is not my thing, then I quit during the remediation period since I have an active license and also have board certification.

The only job I can find is out of my state, I need to answer multiple questions on the medical license application.
One very specific questions is about "Were any limitations or special requirements placed upon this individual because of questions of academic incompetence, disciplinary problems or any other reason" Could I answer no to this question if my program director would say no in the verification form?

Thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello all,

I am currently a ICU fellow who has been resigned from the fellowship training.
Basically I completed my residency training with honor, and passed the board with first attempt.
I was put into remediation in the fellowship training due to the concerns of patient care and communication skills.
unfortunately, though I did made some improvement but not enough to out of remediation.
I also feel the ICU is not my thing, then I quit during the remediation period since I have active license and also have board certification.

Unfortunately, due to my IMG status, the only waiver job I can find is out of my state, I need to answer multiple questions on the medical license application.
One very specific questions is about "Were any limitations or special requirements placed upon this individual because of questions of academic incompetence, disciplinary problems or any other reason" Could I answer no to this question if my program director would say no in the verification form?

second questions is regarding of the question "
Has any hospital or licensed facility restricted or terminated your professional training ,employment, or privileges or have you ever voluntarily or involuntarily resigned or withdrawn from such association to avoid imposition of such measures?" I resigned with notice, and which I am gonna complete my training year and obtain my credit, is that mean I can say no to this question

Thank you guys

Not sure anyone on this forum can answer definitively. Have you contacted your former program to see how they will answer that?

You should answer yes to both. The first question could possibly be no depending on the specifics but the second one is absolutely yes. If your goal is to be able to get a job and stay in the US, you need to avoid any missteps, and lying on your licensing application will be a fatal one.

Reactions: 1 user
You should answer yes to both. The first question could possibly be no depending on the specifics but the second one is absolutely yes. If your goal is to be able to get a job and stay in the US, you need to avoid any missteps, and lying on your licensing application will be a fatal one.
Thank you so much for the answer.

I totally agreed with you, I probably will say yes then I attach the evidence together and explained that ICU is tough and out of my limitation.

Thank you

Last edited: