Questions about OD

Started by Krazymiha
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Krazymiha

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have been recently been researching Optometry as a possible career, and I had a few questions. On SUNY's website I saw that they have a Laser Eye Institute, and was wondering what roles could an optometrists play in Laser surgeries, I was also wondering what sort of treatments could an optometrist administer, and how often do optometrists actually treat eyes

Thanks
 
I have been recently been researching Optometry as a possible career, and I had a few questions. On SUNY's website I saw that they have a Laser Eye Institute, and was wondering what roles could an optometrists play in Laser surgeries, I was also wondering what sort of treatments could an optometrist administer, and how often do optometrists actually treat eyes

Thanks

ODs perform pre-op and post-op consultations for surgery. If licensed, ODs can treat glaucoma.
 
laser surgery can be done by optometrists in some states. Oklahoma and New Mexico.