Questions After Giving Resignation Notice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B1GM0N3Y86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, question for you all since I'm unsure what is normal for day to day things after giving your notice of resignation.

I gave my notice of resignation via an Email with a signed letter in PDF format to both admin and office manager. Very friendly resignation letter since just trying to get out of current gig without ruffling feathers.

I did get a phone call within 30 mins from admin attempting to see if there was anything they could do to retain me which I politely declined. My office manager was not present in office the day I sent my notice in. Updated my office that day so they were informed, Yada Yada yada....

Question is, my office manager has yet to speak to me other than respond to a question of mine a week later. Is this normal?

This office has a 0.4 FTE dinosaur doc, a 0.8 FTE PA, a 1.0 FTE NP, and myself (1.0 FTE MD). The office lost the only other 1.0 FTE MD from this office about 1.5 years ago and they have been unable to get anyone else in here due to multiple factors: poor decisions from admin, undeserved region with tons of Medical assistance, very rural, and the office didn't have the best reputation (was a pill mill that I wouldn't take part in when I got here).

Other question is, we have a site visit from a resident physician that won't be available until at least Jan 2023. The other doc who is part time here is on sick leave for the week due to covid. I have nothing good to say about this office and wouldn't wish this office on any physician, let alone a fresh graduate since I know what admin and the office manager will attempt to force him/her to do, supervise incompetent APPs as well as do tasks for the part time doctor (stuff that I refused to do). Question is, how do you get thru a site visit while holding your tongue so you don't get immediately terminated and at same time kind of hint to the applicant to avoid this place? I'm sure this can't be done, just trying to save a fellow fresh graduate from making a poor decision....

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys, question for you all since I'm unsure what is normal for day to day things after giving your notice of resignation.

I gave my notice of resignation via an Email with a signed letter in PDF format to both admin and office manager. Very friendly resignation letter since just trying to get out of current gig without ruffling feathers.

I did get a phone call within 30 mins from admin attempting to see if there was anything they could do to retain me which I politely declined. My office manager was not present in office the day I sent my notice in. Updated my office that day so they were informed, Yada Yada yada....

Question is, my office manager has yet to speak to me other than respond to a question of mine a week later. Is this normal?

This office has a 0.4 FTE dinosaur doc, a 0.8 FTE PA, a 1.0 FTE NP, and myself (1.0 FTE MD). The office lost the only other 1.0 FTE MD from this office about 1.5 years ago and they have been unable to get anyone else in here due to multiple factors: poor decisions from admin, undeserved region with tons of Medical assistance, very rural, and the office didn't have the best reputation (was a pill mill that I wouldn't take part in when I got here).

Other question is, we have a site visit from a resident physician that won't be available until at least Jan 2023. The other doc who is part time here is on sick leave for the week due to covid. I have nothing good to say about this office and wouldn't wish this office on any physician, let alone a fresh graduate since I know what admin and the office manager will attempt to force him/her to do, supervise incompetent APPs as well as do tasks for the part time doctor (stuff that I refused to do). Question is, how do you get thru a site visit while holding your tongue so you don't get immediately terminated and at same time kind of hint to the applicant to avoid this place? I'm sure this can't be done, just trying to save a fellow fresh graduate from making a poor decision....
Say very little, they'll get the hint. You are allowed to say you've just turned in your notice. Have a good neutral response when they ask why. Something generic like "administration and I didn't see eye to eye on certain things" or whatever.

Say very little, they'll get the hint. You are allowed to say you've just turned in your notice. Have a good neutral response when they ask why. Something generic like "administration and I didn't see eye to eye on certain things" or whatever.
Thanks for the guidance. Did exactly what you said to get in and out. Have a good day bud.

Members don't see this ad :)