Questions regarding PCAT.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mtravaglini27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(User removed comment.)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
anything above 80% is competitive... above 90% and you almost secure your spot in a pharmacy school... hope that helps!

It's actually not quite that simple. I got a 95 on my pcat and I still haven't been accepted yet. Different schools look at different things in an applicant's history to determine if they are a fit for their program. While some schools weigh GPA and PCAT scores fairly evenly, some schools don't even take PCAT scores into account. Check with the schools to which you are applying to find out what they require. In general (very general) terms, most schools are looking for a solid scholastic performance (i.e. high GPA), the ability to use the knowledge accumulated in college (PCAT score), and the intangibles (volunteer work, pharmacy experience, etc.). They also want to make sure that you are certain that this a good career choice for you and that you can communicate effectively (this is where interview skills come in handy). I've seen people with 4.0GPA's and high-90 PCAT's get rejected because they couldn't interview well. Pharmacy is a profession that requires abilities in multiple disciplines (science, math, communication, problem solving - not mention ethics) and schools are looking for those individuals who can demonstrate the ability to perform well in all of those disciplines.

Hope this helps.