Questions to ask the FinAid Folks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McP

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was a late acceptance so I haven't recieved any financial aid info yet. But my parents are freaking out about everything money so I set up a meeting with one of the Financial Aid Counselors at my school. Are there any good questions you can think to ask, or topics that shoud definitely be covered? My primary motivation for the meeting is to get my parents to chill, but I'm planning on funding the next four years entirely on loans and I don't really understand the whole process either.

Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

have you submitted your FAFSA yet? If not, get on it. You might want to ask about loans that are favorable for instate students and if there are any forgivable loans that you could apply for. Some states have loan programs that are forgivable if you agree to work back in the state. If you're interested in primary care then I think some schools have loans and grants for primary care students.

You might also be eligible for school grants, scholarships based on your parents income. So, ask about that.