Queston about old low grades from a CC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjg713

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started college at a CC for 2 years before I transferred to a University. I now have a B.S. in Health Science with a good GPA. However, At that time I was just getting assimilated into how college works and made a few mistakes a long the way. I have 1 D and a few C's in non-important classes that have no impact on me today however I did some calculations and it obviously brings down my Cum. GPA. This is really bothering me, anything that can be done about this?

Members don't see this ad.

It would seem to me the only thing you can do is to excel from here on out. You can't change those grades, nor can you omit them from your transcript. You can, however, try and offset their effect by getting As in all your current and future classes.

every grade counts, just retake the classes and get A's thats all you can do.

Members don't see this ad :)
Retake CC classes I took 5 years ago that were not science related?

Hey OP: I was in a simular situation. Here is what I did/ am doing.

Get your stanscripts from your university and cc and put them into excel and make a grid with the course, credits, grade, and quality points. Then have a total at the bottom for will count as science and another for overall GPA. (see AADSAS for GPA calculations and sci vs non sci).

Next, perform some calculations to see how many credits of A's you need to get to get the GPA you want.

Then, do IT!

No, don't do that. Just do well in the rest of your courses, especially BCP.

Yes do not repeat those courses. Science GPA is more important and those courses that you did bad in don't even contribute to the sGPA. Do well from this point. You will be okay.

They are going to count for your GPA...just boost it up with other good grades.

Retake CC classes I took 5 years ago that were not science related?

you didnt indicate the fact that they were not science based. obv theres no need to retake those, but they will be part of your gpa (like every single other class.) just focus on improving the cGPA and sGPA. thats all you can do.

And whatever you do, don't make excuses about the bad grades in your app and/or interview as hundreds/thousands of predent violinists will do. Just be a man and accept responsibility for your performance.