Quick help with class designations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Muscle Extender

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The link to distinguish whether a class is science or non-science isn't working.

What are these 3 classes?

Calculus
Sociology
Statistics
Psychology

Members don't see this ad.

AADSAS FAQs link. I uploaded the course designation document.

...And that is 4 classes. :p

Reactions: 1 user
This is my first post, and so, I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place. No other section I can find seems to be a good fit, so here it goes:

My undergrad was from The George Washington University, in Biological Anthropology, and I have since completed a Masters Degree in Forensics Science from the top Forensic Science school in the nation. That said, I want to pursue Forensic Odontology, and so, am taking a post-bacc styled route now in an effort complete the last of the prereq's I'm going to need. My problem is, I am having a terrible time trying to figure out how to designate the classes I have taken to this point, so that I can figure out my SGPA. As I understand it, my Biological Anthropology class falls under Bio, but I have quite a few classes that I have no clue how to designate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the classes in question. I have no clue where these would fall:

ANTH 3411 Primatology
ANTH 3401 Human Functional Anatomy
ANTH 3802W Human Cultural Beginnings
ANTH 3413 Evolution of the Human Brain
ANTH 001 Biological Anthropology
ANTH 002 Sociocultural Anthropology
BISC 012 IntroBio-Bio of Organisms
BISC 3460 Conservation Biology
BISC 2451 History of Life
BISC 2452 Animal Behavior

Best,
Karla

Members don't see this ad :)
Use your best judgement. For example, Human Function Anatomy sounds like a Bio class, whereas Human Cultural Beginnings sounds like non-science to me. Do your best, and the worst case is that AADSAS will change it when you submit.

This is my first post, and so, I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place. No other section I can find seems to be a good fit, so here it goes:

My undergrad was from The George Washington University, in Biological Anthropology, and I have since completed a Masters Degree in Forensics Science from the top Forensic Science school in the nation. That said, I want to pursue Forensic Odontology, and so, am taking a post-bacc styled route now in an effort complete the last of the prereq's I'm going to need. My problem is, I am having a terrible time trying to figure out how to designate the classes I have taken to this point, so that I can figure out my SGPA. As I understand it, my Biological Anthropology class falls under Bio, but I have quite a few classes that I have no clue how to designate. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here are the classes in question. I have no clue where these would fall:

ANTH 3411 Primatology
ANTH 3401 Human Functional Anatomy
ANTH 3802W Human Cultural Beginnings
ANTH 3413 Evolution of the Human Brain
ANTH 001 Biological Anthropology
ANTH 002 Sociocultural Anthropology
BISC 012 IntroBio-Bio of Organisms
BISC 3460 Conservation Biology
BISC 2451 History of Life
BISC 2452 Animal Behavior

Best,
Karla

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/attachments/aadsas-course-subjects-2015-pdf.181816/

Use your best judgement. For example, Human Function Anatomy sounds like a Bio class, whereas Human Cultural Beginnings sounds like non-science to me. Do your best, and the worst case is that AADSAS will change it when you submit.
Thank you for the quick response! That's my problem though, something like this is vital to helping us to determine where to apply, no? Is it really the case that we have no idea what our actual stats are until we submit the application?

I'm sure you can get a general idea of what your GPA's are. If you classify some classes incorrectly it won't make too much of a difference.

I'm sure you can get a general idea of what your GPA's are. If you classify some classes incorrectly it won't make too much of a difference.
That' just it though, I have very few classes that are considered part of my BCP as of right now, so the addition or negation of classes does have a pretty drastic impact on my sGPA.

sjv, Thank you for the link. I have referenced this .pdf, and am still lost on some of these. Most of my undergrad classes have an Anth (Anthropology) designation, which is considered non-science, whereas others , i.e. ANTH Biological Anthropology, are considered a Bio class. Thats where it gets dicy for me.

Use your best judgement, it'll get corrected if they disagree.

I don't know if this is a ridiculous question, or if the BCMP guidelines only include certain classes despite their designation, but, in your opinion, would any class with a BISC (Biological Sciences) designation be considered part of my BCMP?