Quick question about classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

spidersong

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Alright so somewhere I read that it's not advisable to do this: for example take A&P I fall semester, and then don't take A&P II spring semester, but take it the following fall semester.
Is it ok to take a break in between them? The reason I want to do this is because I need to take genetics and O-chem II in spring, and I'm not sure I want to take A&P II in spring also. I could wait to take genetics next fall but I'm not sure it is offered in fall here.
Sorry if this doesn't make any sense or is out of place.
 
Of course it's OK to have a break in between them, so long as you remember what you learned the first time around. #premedneuroticism
 
As long as you do well in your courses and get them done before matriculation, no one cares how you schedule them in (of course you want to have actual pre-req grades to show adcoms though)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks for the advice. I'm just confused because at some point before summer of junior year I have to take the 3 labs in one semester if I want to take all the sciences I wanted to. Going to talk this over with my adviser tomorrow.
 
The material in the two courses are very different, so all you really need to remember is anatomical terms like ipsilateral, contralateral, medial, lateral, distal, superior, and inferior, to do fine in A&P2.