QUICK QUESTION!! Can I (quietly) chew gum during the exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sehorn94

PharmGirl19
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know I won't bother anybody, but I don't it to be counted as a "snack" and then get in trouble for it.

Members don't see this ad.

I took the exam in November and they made me spit my gum out! They also thoroughly inspected the frames of my eye glasses, same for my watch... could've just been my testing center but very odd experience..

Ok, so I did it anyways, and they didn't say anything. But I was very discrete, I put the gum in before I entered the center and didn't really start chewing it until I got to my exam station, and I wasn't obnoxious about it lol. I switched it out during the break the same way, so yay I got to chew my gum!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I wore glasses and they didn't even check my frames or watch, I guess it's just the testing center then.

Pearson testing center make it seem so professional to eliminate sounds distractions to other test takers to not offset the test. but they did nothing to me when the fire alarm rang in the middle of reading comprehension where we stood in freezing windy cold. no retest opportunites refund. that would be too much of a hassle for them

Pearson testing center make it seem so professional to eliminate sounds distractions to other test takers to not offset the test. but they did nothing to me when the fire alarm rang in the middle of reading comprehension where we stood in freezing windy cold. no retest opportunites refund. that would be too much of a hassle for them
You should definitely fight that! The fire alarm going off is not your fault and is considered one of the exceptions. Please contact them and make sure you make it clear of the situation that occurred. Also, write a letter to them and sent it to their address on the candidate booklet, have someone read it over and proofread before hand.