Quick Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

socrates89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry just a few quick questions I'm new here

ok so

If you want to find good research positions while in pre-med whihc form should you go to?

If you want to talk about your college courses and which ones to take which form should you go to?

If you want to learn all you can about the MCAT which form should you go to?

What is Pre-Allopathic form about????

What is Allopathic form about????

So where are the forms for basically college students appplying to medical school

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-allo, pre-allo, pre-allo/MCAT subforum, anything relating to being a pre-med student (in addition to what you list there are also a lot of "Which schools should I apply to," and "Will I get in with these stats" threads).

Anything related to being a current medical student.

Respectively.

Read the threads, it should be pretty clear pretty quickly.

Members don't see this ad :)

It's a place where a relatively small amount (compared to pre-allo) of current medical students chat while njbmd consistently moves pre-med questions up to that forum.

There are a number of reasons why people stop posting when they start medical school, but my feeling is that since medical schools are so standardized compared to college, we don't disagree very much over here about is needed to succeed and so forth.

so if i wanted to find out about research oportunities and internship opportunities where would i post???

so if i wanted to find out about research oportunities and internship opportunities where would i post???
As others have said, if you're looking for opportunities in research and internships as a pre-med student, you should still post in the pre-allo forum. If you are really interested in research to the point where you're thinking about MD/PhD, MD/MS, or similar combined programs, you can try posting in the Physician Scientist forum.

sorry just a few quick questions I'm new here

ok so

If you want to find good research positions while in pre-med whihc form should you go to?

If you want to talk about your college courses and which ones to take which form should you go to?

If you want to learn all you can about the MCAT which form should you go to?

What is Pre-Allopathic form about????

So where are the forms for basically college students appplying to medical school

thanks

Welcome to the SDN. I would answer your questions but the above posters have done a good job at it already. I will however like to fill you in on a few characteristics of these forums that might be of interest to you.

-If you want a distorted view of the realities of medical practice, mad desperation, and outright insanity, then the Pre-Allopathic forum is your joint of choice.

-If you want a sense of reality, with yet some small sprinkles of insanity here and there, then hang out at the Allopathic forum.

-If you want to outright quit medicine, feel free to head on down to the General Residency forum.