Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

quick reapplying question

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Incendiary, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Incendiary

Incendiary Fantabulous Member
    10+ Year Member

Just wondering, but if someone does not get into medical school, how does it make sense to reapply immediately? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait a year and do something productive, and then reapply?

I guess my question assumes that the person has simply maintained the status quo as far as grades/activities/etc. If he/she boosted MCAT or GPA, or added a few publications or something, then I could see the logic of reapplying right away.

Anyways, just curious...

2. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor 15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    i'd probably talk to some adcoms and find out what they thought I was lacking. Then I'd take as much time as needed to fulfill their wishes. It's all about jumping through the hoops.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

Perhaps a person only applied to a few schools, or too many top schools and not enough middle and lower tier schools. Maybe they were/are a super applicant on paper but bombed all the interviews. But in general, I think you're right.