vtach

Zzzzzz...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 10, 2000
Jooseey
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hey just checking out your John Hancock, and I think that you are getting away with way too much.......Since you are only still in your first year shouldn't it be Emergency Medicine Resident PGY 0.5 instead of 1.5......In your 3rd year of residency will you call yourself 3.5?
:D
Right now I am in my 4th year of medical school so maybe I should be a Medical Student 4.85 if your theory holds true!
:clap:

greatdane

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 24, 2003
middle earth
Status (Visible)
disclaimer...i suck at math.

but i read his PGY 1.5 as he was a PGY1 when he started....it has been almost .5 of a year so far...so I guess that makes him a PGY 1.5. I mean if he was a .5, then by the end of the year, he will be a PGY 1 ....so I guess he would get to do his intern year over again...FUN!

and it is not that Quinn can't speak for himself, we on the EM forum are well aware....i am jsut stuck on call and bored as crap....it was post here or post in the dental rooms or something...yikes

About the Ads

iwakuni_doc

Emergency-a-Go-Go
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 10, 2003
Boston
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by vtach
shouldn't it be Emergency Medicine Resident PGY 0.5 instead of 1.5.....

Don't hate the player.....hate the game.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin
Status (Visible)
I've thought about it many times, actually. Man I have been doing some slack rotations lately. But my line of thinking is, you start as an M1, you start as a PGY-1... and you are halfway through yoru PGY-1 year, so you are PGY 1.5. Howeve,r what happens when I'm a 3rd year? 6 months away from graduation? Will I be a 3.5?

Well, I think at that point I'll leave it as a PGY-3. :)

Q, DO

lattimer13

good boy!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 12, 2002
Pacific NW
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by vtach
Hey just checking out your John Hancock, and I think that you are getting away with way too much.......Since you are only still in your first year shouldn't it be Emergency Medicine Resident PGY 0.5 instead of 1.5......In your 3rd year of residency will you call yourself 3.5?
:D
Right now I am in my 4th year of medical school so maybe I should be a Medical Student 4.85 if your theory holds true!
:clap:

nothing better to do?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.