Quinn...are you really a 1.5 or really a .5?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vtach

Zzzzzz...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey just checking out your John Hancock, and I think that you are getting away with way too much.......Since you are only still in your first year shouldn't it be Emergency Medicine Resident PGY 0.5 instead of 1.5......In your 3rd year of residency will you call yourself 3.5?
:D
Right now I am in my 4th year of medical school so maybe I should be a Medical Student 4.85 if your theory holds true!
:clap:

Members don't see this ad.

disclaimer...i suck at math.

but i read his PGY 1.5 as he was a PGY1 when he started....it has been almost .5 of a year so far...so I guess that makes him a PGY 1.5. I mean if he was a .5, then by the end of the year, he will be a PGY 1 ....so I guess he would get to do his intern year over again...FUN!

and it is not that Quinn can't speak for himself, we on the EM forum are well aware....i am jsut stuck on call and bored as crap....it was post here or post in the dental rooms or something...yikes

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by vtach
shouldn't it be Emergency Medicine Resident PGY 0.5 instead of 1.5.....

Don't hate the player.....hate the game.

I've thought about it many times, actually. Man I have been doing some slack rotations lately. But my line of thinking is, you start as an M1, you start as a PGY-1... and you are halfway through yoru PGY-1 year, so you are PGY 1.5. Howeve,r what happens when I'm a 3rd year? 6 months away from graduation? Will I be a 3.5?

Well, I think at that point I'll leave it as a PGY-3. :)

Q, DO

Originally posted by vtach
Hey just checking out your John Hancock, and I think that you are getting away with way too much.......Since you are only still in your first year shouldn't it be Emergency Medicine Resident PGY 0.5 instead of 1.5......In your 3rd year of residency will you call yourself 3.5?
:D
Right now I am in my 4th year of medical school so maybe I should be a Medical Student 4.85 if your theory holds true!
:clap:

nothing better to do?

Originally posted by lattimer13
nothing better to do?

Amazing what you will do when really bored. :D