Quinn is jumping ship!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrQuinn

My name is Neo
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, fear not, I am not leaving SDN (though admittedly I have been only looking for fires to put out as my wife is due for baby #2 any day now).

I am leaving Academia and going to a sweet sweet FFS democratic job in Wisconsin.

Which may actually leave me more time for SDN, as my hours will unexplicably drop per hour and my pay rises through the stratosphere!

That being said, I think I will be able to give good advice in re: recent job hunting, and acaddemic vs. community jobs.

Sweet for me!

Q

Members don't see this ad.

Hey ...welcome to wisconsin. Let me know if ya have any questions about the area... im a 4th year at MCW in milwaukee

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Hope all goes well for you in Wisconsin.

No, fear not, I am not leaving SDN (though admittedly I have been only looking for fires to put out as my wife is due for baby #2 any day now).

I am leaving Academia and going to a sweet sweet FFS democratic job in Wisconsin.

Which may actually leave me more time for SDN, as my hours will unexplicably drop per hour and my pay rises through the stratosphere!

That being said, I think I will be able to give good advice in re: recent job hunting, and acaddemic vs. community jobs.

Sweet for me!

Q

Congrats on nailing that new job Quinn! Just out of curiosity, what made you start looking for a new position and leave academia (I know you've always been very happy there at Georgetown)? What attracted you to Madison, WI?

Congrats Q! I miss the Wasco. If Madison is where you're moving feel free to hit me up for advice on the best burgers, pizza and Ethiopian food in the city.

Welcome to the dark side:smuggrin:. Congratulations.

Actually, your posts have made me SCARED of community EM (trying to retrograde intubate whales with angioedema), but I figure I can handle it.

And I can always get some adivce on the best food in Madison. Yes, it is Madison that I am going to. I suppose I will ahve to be a packers fan!

I just can't wait for my productivity bonus!!!!!!

Q

Wow! didn't see that coming! Congrats Quinn (on the new job and the new baby!) I loved Madison but the winters terrify me.

and its harder now to be a packers fan now that brett is gone. *sob* its tough for us packers fans. :(

Congrats, Quinn! My grandparents and aunt live in Mad-town. Hopefully you won't ever have to meet any of them, but the odds are unfortunately not as low as I'd like... Anyway, it's a great little city.

Members don't see this ad :)
Join the dark side.. it is your destiny

"Come all without, come all within
You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn"
LOL couldn't resist.

Pardon the noob question....what is a "FFS democratic job"? private practice?

Thanks!

Pardon the noob question....what is a "FFS democratic job"? private practice?

Thanks!

FFS= Fee For Service= you get paid for the work you do, not just based on hours.

Democratic tends to mean a group that is independent of any of the large corporate groups like EmCare or EPMG.

FFS= Fee For Service= you get paid for the work you do, not just based on hours.

Democratic tends to mean a group that is independent of any of the large corporate groups like EmCare or EPMG.

Thank you for the info and congrats DrQuinn!

Thank you for the info and congrats DrQuinn!

Thanks. I am muy excited.

"FFS and democratic" are basically the "be all end all" of EM jobs and are relatively hard to find. How I landed this sweet gig I will never know, but am just glad to be on board. I start early Dec and will let everyone know how the transition from academic to community goes!

Q

Uh yeah but dude..... it's wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!1
The District will miss you

Uh yeah but dude..... it's wisconsin!!!!!!!!!!1
The District will miss you

Trust me. I love the DC area. Was born here and grew up here.

But, yeah dude, double the pay, less work, awesome hospitals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be able to fly me and my family back to DC every few months without even twinging on the cost!
Q