Quit Scribing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djsbaseball2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked many timed but Im over it lol.

I am currently applying to medical school and am fairly confident I am going to get an acceptance. I have already received a soft acceptance from a school in that I am at the top of their waitlist and the top 1/3rd gets an offer. I am currently scribing, tutoring and substitute teaching. Scribing im getting $11/hr, tutoring im getting $14/hr and substitute teaching I am getting $125 per day. Right now my scribe schedule is extremely variable and i work during the days, in the morning, or even overnight. The overnight shifts screw my schedule up because I can't really do anything the whole next day...

Im thinking about quitting scribing and subbing everyday and then tutoring right after which would allow me to make more money and work a consistent schedule during the week. I wouldnt work on Saturdays and I tutor again on Sundays for at least 4-5 hours.

The only downside is losing out on the clinical experience which was the main reason i did this during my gap year but after an acceptance it doesnt really matter i guess.

Thoughts anybody?

Members don't see this ad.

Are you absolutely miserable as a scribe? I know that I personally wouldn't be comfortable with anything until I have a hard, concrete offer.

For the record, I think you'll be fine either way.

I'd quit. But I'm also doing nothing medically related during my gap year