Quote of the Day

futuresurgeon00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So....I was continuing a "Quote of the Day" Thread, but it was in Pre-Pharmacy....so, I'm making one here....I'll start with the quote....and hopefully this continues, or I'll just keep inspiring and posting :)

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

Members don't see this ad.

"I've learned one thing, and that's to quit worrying about stupid things. You have four years to be irresponsible here, relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember the time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So stay out late. Go out with your friends on a Tuesday when you have a paper due on Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does..."

Are we allowed to post more than one? I have a list of them from my facebook.

""You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." -Wayne Gretzky" -Michael Scott.

Members don't see this ad :)
"Education is the best gift you could ever receive, because once you have it, no one can ever take it from you."

"Wake up every morning with the idea that something wonderful is possible today. – Smiling is a healing energy. Always find a reason to smile. It may not add years to your life but will surely add life to your years. A consistent positive attitude is the cheapest ‘fountain of youth.' You've got to dance like there's nobody watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like there's nobody listening, and live like it's heaven on Earth."

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
- Maya Angelo

"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think that yours is the only path."
- Paulo Coelho

"Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy".

I'm sorry....I know I didn't put up a quote yesterday (but to be fair, I have a stomach virus, and I've only just stopped puking (fingers crossed, I hope I didn't jinx that))

Anyways, today's quote:

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work."
-- Colin Powell

"What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?"
John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

"Medicine, law, business, engineering: these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love...these are what we stay alive for."

"Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase" -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Ok....I'm going to put another one also.....

"Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions." -- Dalai Lama

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Ben Parker

Members don't see this ad :)
I used this quote in an ACT essay, but attributed it to Yoda. #fail It worked out for me though, I got an 11 :D

picard-facepalm.jpg

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
-- Buddha

Just a small town girl, livin' in a lonely world... She took the midnight train goin' anywhere... -Journey

Yesterday's Quote

"Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. Let the brain, muscles, nerves, every part of your body, be full of that idea, and just leave every other idea alone. This is the way to success." -- Swami Vivekananda

Today's Quote

"Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can't lose." -- Bill Gates

"I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people."
-- John Lennon

"She got her looks from her father. He's a plastic surgeon." -- Groucho Marx

"Beauty is all very well at first sight; but who ever looks at it when it has been in the house three days?"
-- George Bernard Shaw

"Until you value yourself, you won't value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it."
-- M. Scott Peck

Wait...

Is this everyone's motivation to perform well on their next physics test....? :rolleyes:

Wait...

Is this everyone's motivation to perform well on their next physics test....? :rolleyes:
Absolutely...;) Lol....I didn't think of it that way....but everyone does need a little luck now and then with physics, right? And...a little more inspiration, to make them keep taking the subject....

"As kids we're not taught how to deal with success; we're taught how to deal with failure. If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If at first you succeed, then what?" -- Charlie Sheen

"Never to to a doctor who's office plants have died"

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."
-- Anthony J. D'Angelo

"True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class is running the country."
-- Kurt Vonnegut

Yesterday's Quote
"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst."
-- William Penn

Today's Quote
"America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week."
-- Evan Esar

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."

–Muhammad Ali

"No one has ever been inspired by mediocrity."

-I'm No Superman

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
Albert Einstein

"If we could sell our experiences for what they cost us, we'd all be millionaires."
-- Abigail Van Buren

"A successful man is one who makes more money than his wife can spend. A successful woman is one who can find such a man."
-- Lana Turner

Sometimes when I need a break from studying, I read quotes from http://famousquotesandauthors.com/ .

Some of my favorites are...
"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."
- Winston Churchill

"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom; justice; honor; duty; mercy; hope."
- Winston Churchill

"Nothing is more essential in the treatment of serious disease than the liberation of the patient from panic and forboding."
- Norman Cousins

"The very first requirement in a hospital is that it should do the sick no harm."
- Florence Nightingale

"Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in. Aim at earth and you get neither."
-- C. S. Lewis

"Sometimes when you innovate, you make mistakes. It is best to admit them quickly, and get on with improving your other innovations."
-- Steve Jobs

"What the hell? Where is today's quote?" -I'm No Superman

"What the hell? Where is today's quote?" -I'm No Superman
Sorry....I wasn't home for two days and I had no internet access....:( In addition, my phone died and I wasn't able to charge it (so no data either....)

So, yesterday's quote and today's quote and an extra one (to make it up to everyone)

"This film cost $31 million. With that kind of money I could have invaded some country."
-- Clint Eastwood

"Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry."
-- Bill Cosby

"If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome."
-- Michael Jordan

"Medicine sometimes snatches away health, sometimes gives it."
- Ovid

"Nobody can bring you peace but yourself."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is for the fact that it started to snow yesterday! :)

"The snow was endless, a heavy blanket on the outdoors; it had a way about it. A beauty. But I knew that, like many things, beauty could be deceiving."
― Cambria Hebert, Whiteout

"A budget tells us what we can't afford, but it doesn't keep us from buying it."
-- William Feather

And an extra one....because winter has officially started (all that's left is the snow)...and it's cold which means hot chocolate :)

"Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something."
-- Thomas A. Edison

2 Quotes today.....b/c our Physics teacher is on a school trip.....free period!! :D

"When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile."

"Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present."

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know."
-- Ernest Hemingway

This quote was kinda bitter-y as I had to walk to school....and it is like minus a billion degrees outside...Plus my siblings bus was late....so extra time just spent standing there with them waiting for it to arrive. :( ....Sorry about the little rant....I had to get it out.

"Duct tape is like the force, there is a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together."

And another bitter-y one...cuz it's even colder than yesterday, and all my layers didn't really help me. :( :(

"When I hear somebody sigh, life is hard, I am always tempted to ask, compared to what?"
-- Sydney Harris

"Leadership cannot really be taught. It can only be learned."
-- Harold S. Geneen

"Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become a reality."

"If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back."

"If quitters never win, and winners never quit, what fool came up with, "Quit while you're ahead"?"

I know! I know! Sorry doesn't even begin to cover it....I completely forgot about posting a quote for the past 3 days - I have had back to back assignments due :(

Anyways, I will put 4 quotes up today to make up for it :)

"Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years, will this matter?""

"Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch." (I found this quite ironic - as this is a forum for Pre-Med and majority of the people here want to go into medicine...lol)

"Families are like fudge, mostly sweet, with a few nuts."

"Women can keep a secret as well as men, it just takes a few more of them to do it."

And....just because I feel extremely bad, an extra one :)

"It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not."
-- Andre Gide