Quote of the Day

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I can't even talk to you right now.
I'm hurt...truly I am...but I know a way to win you over..🙂 with 2 quotes...yeah, you heard that...Not one quote, but 2 (ooh....now can u talk to me?)

"When will I learn? The answers to life's problems aren't at the bottom of a bottle, they're on TV."
-- Homer Simpson

"The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching train."

And an extra-extra one ... just in case 😉

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is honestly so stupid...everytime I post something up here and I come back later to check on it, or add something, it just disappears.
 
No excuses. If there is no quote up by 11:59 SDN time, I'm done.
There was a quote posted yesterday, it disappeared with all of my other messages....cuz my internet was all wonky...so here is yesterday's quote, today's quote and an extra quote:

"Before we set our hearts too much on anything, let us examine how happy are those who already possess it."

"I used to be clueless about math, but I turned that around 360 degrees." (I had to put this in - we're learning Trig in school currently = CAST rule)

"In the middle of difficulty, lies opportunity."
-- Albert Einstein
 
Ok....the internet at school officially is dead to me (never mind the fact that I'm using it right now)....It won't post anything properly!!!! Ok...so here is yesterday's quote and today's quote:

Often we don't even realize who we're meant to be because we're so busy trying to live out someone else's ideas. But other people and their opinions hold no power in defining our destiny.
-- Oprah Winfrey

"If it doesn't feel right, don't do it. That's the lesson. That lesson alone, will save you a lot of grief. Even doubt means don't."
-- Oprah Winfrey

"The best way to try to motivate somebody is by being direct with them. To be honest with them. Lies are never the right way to get your message across."
-- Trey Parker and Matt Stone

"True happiness... arises, in the first place, from the enjoyment of one's self."
-- Joseph Addison
 
You are dead to me.
That breaks my heart....truly it does. I don't know how I can go on...

"Only with effort can you get good marks not any stroke of luck."

Lol....I'm putting this up, cuz I just took my physics test and my mom told me she hoped I did great, and I said I hope so too....her response. wow...
 
"When you are neck deep in muck, take a deep breath and keep walking , one step at a time and you will get out of it."

-Dr. Jerry Sanders (my microbio professor)
 
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
― Marilyn Monroe

It's the weekend! Yay! .... Studying for SAT's....
 
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong"

"Children: You spend the first 2 years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next 16 telling them to sit down and shut-up."
 
"Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back."
- Oscar Wilde

3 days till Christmas break!!!

"How is it one careless match can start a forest fire, but it takes a whole box to start a campfire?"
 
2 Days till Christmas break! And ditching 2nd period mass....to study...

"Psychiatrists say that 1 of 4 people are mentally ill. Check 3 friends. If they're okay, you're it."
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well my plan to ditch mass didn't work....I was in the library and my physics teacher comes up to me...and says "Go down to the caf for mass." (he was totally chill about it...and he even laughed at us for getting caught. LOL.

1 Day till Winter Break!

"Dear Math, please grow up and solve your own problems, I'm tired of solving them for you."

Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?
-- George Carlin
 
"The broccoli says 'I look like a small tree', the mushroom says 'I look like an umbrella', the walnut says 'I look like a brain', and the banana says 'Can we please change the subject?' "

"Most of us don't realize it, but we're all part of something much bigger than ourselves, and we're all connected in some way, not just through Facebook."

Last day of School!
 
Winter Break! 🙂

"Money - When you're born you don't bring it with you; when you die you can't take it with you."

"When there is no tiger on the mountain, the monkey becomes king."
 
Oh I love all that Quotes
Thanks 🙂 Feel free to add, anytime.

It snowed yesterday! So white Christmas for sure 🙂

"A man commented to his lunch companion: My wife had a funny dream last night. She dreamed she'd married a millionaire. You're lucky, sighed the companion. My wife dreams that in the daytime."
-- Sam Ewing

"I had plastic surgery last week. I cut up my credit cards."
-- Henry Youngman
 
"You overlooked the beauty of small moments. – Whatever you're waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, an inner awareness of abundance – it will surely come to you, but only when you're ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart. So be as grateful as possible, for small things, not just for big things… for the simple act of breathing, the time together, the conversations, etc. Every moment counts. Every second matters. Whatever is given is a gift."
 
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself."
-- Benjamin Franklin
 
"You overlooked the beauty of small moments. – Whatever you’re waiting for – peace of mind, contentment, grace, an inner awareness of abundance – it will surely come to you, but only when you’re ready to receive it with an open and grateful heart. So be as grateful as possible, for small things, not just for big things… for the simple act of breathing, the time together, the conversations, etc. Every moment counts. Every second matters. Whatever is given is a gift."
No quotes for now but just curious.
What grade are you in?:laugh:

Side note: Winter break is here! Finally!
 
No quotes for now but just curious.
What grade are you in?:laugh:

Side note: Winter break is here! Finally!
Grade 11...I'm a junior...How about you?

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."
- Albert Einstein

I'm not going to be online for 2 days, so I'll post the quotes now....

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
- Albert Einstein

"I dreamed a thousand new paths. I woke and walked my old one."
-- Chinese Proverb

"A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement."
- Bo Bennett
 
You will regret the chances you didn't take. The things you didn't do when you had the chance. That priceless relationship you neglected. Those important words you left unspoken… Every one of us has experienced feelings of regret. But it's not too late to set things straight. You're still here breathing. Right now you have an opportunity to change your future. Right now you can choose to erase regret from your later years.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
– Mark Twain
 
"Positive results are the outcome of positive daily actions."

Your real religion is how you spend the majority of your time – what you do and think about on and daily basis long after the sermon has ended. Do something that makes you proud. Start walking the talk. Make your strategic plan: DOING THINGS THAT MATTER!

You don't need a new year to make a change; all you need is today. Make this the moment you start changing your life.
 
“Do not read, as children do, to amuse yourself, or like the ambitious, for the purpose of instruction. No, read in order to live.”
-- Gustave Flaubert
 
Yesterday was my dad's birthday...so i was out all day...Anyway, Happy New Years Eve!!!

"Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake."
- Savielly Grigorievitch Tartakower

"You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."
- Ayn Rand

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But in practice, there is."
- Yogi Berra
 
Happy New Years!!! Hope 2013 is going to be amazing!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

"Try to be like the turtle - at ease in your own shell."
-- Bill Copeland

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart."
-- Helen Keller
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean."
-- Maya Angelou

"Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at it destination full of hope."
-- Maya Angelou
 
Okay you're alive to me again.
LOL...THX....I think I might be dead to you again...cuz I went to go watch the Hobbit (epic movie 🙂) and didn't put up any quotes....:b

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."
― Oscar Wilde

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
― Marilyn Monroe

"If you end up with a boring miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest, or some guy on television telling you how to do your ****, then you deserve it."
― Frank Zappa

"Just be yourself, there is no one better."
― Taylor Swift

"You are you. Now, isn't that pleasant?"
― Dr. Seuss

But, I put like a billion quotes to make it up...and to be alive again!
 
I just got back from The Hobbit, you're forgiven
Oh thank you, Kindly One....My life can now be continued.....

I loved the Hobbit 🙂 It was really good.....I just hated how abrupt the ending is, though can't wait for the sequel 🙂

"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
― Thomas A. Edison

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."
― George Eliot
 
Urgh....1st day back at school...2 weeks left till exams....

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life."
― Mark Twain

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
― J.K. Rowling
 
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
― Dr. Seuss

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."
― Elie Wiesel

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them."
― Mother Teresa
 
Only your first day? Interesting. I had school starting last week on tuesday.... Hmm. :laugh:
Yeah, our winter break is two weeks long and it started on the 21st of Dec and ended on the 7th of Jan...Was yours similar to that?

"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
― Maya Angelou

"Substitute 'damn' every time you're inclined to write 'very;' your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be."
― Mark Twain

"You never have to change anything you got up in the middle of the night to write."
― Saul Bellow

My personal favourite of today's:

"Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality. It's a way of understanding it."
― Lloyd Alexander
 
"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."
― Mark Twain

"The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
― Oscar Wilde

"The truth." Dumbledore sighed. "It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution."
― J.K. Rowling
 
I know I already put up a couple of quotes, but I had to put this one up...

"Curiosity got the cat killed, Mr.Di Angelo."

"Actually Professor, Knowledge got the cat killed, but Curiosity got framed for the murder."


--- Lightningscar
 
"While we are postponing, life speeds by."
-- Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser."
-- John W. Gardner

"By working faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually get to be boss and work twelve hours a day."
-- Robert Frost

"Life is not like water. Things in life don't necessarily flow over the shortest possible route."
― Haruki Murakami
 
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
― Bob Marley

"Without music, life would be a mistake."
― Friedrich Nietzsche

"People haven't always been there for me but music always has."
― Taylor Swift
 
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
― Albert Einstein

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?"
― Albert Einstein

"Never memorize something that you can look up."
― Albert Einstein
 
"Indifference and neglect often do much more damage than outright dislike."
― J.K. Rowling

"A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever"
― Dave Matthews Band

My personal fave 🙂

"Man may have discovered fire, but women discovered how to play with it."
― Candace Bushnell
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them."
― Lemony Snicket

"Classic' - a book which people praise and don't read."
― Mark Twain

"There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
― Joseph Brodsky

"Think before you speak. Read before you think."
― Fran Lebowitz
 
"If you're going to kick authority in the teeth, you might as well use two feet."
― Keith Richards

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."
― Ronald Reagan
 
"There was a clatter as the basilisk fangs cascaded out of Hermione's arms. Running at Ron, she flung them around his neck and kissed him full on the mouth. Ron threw away the fangs and broomstick he was holding and responded with such enthusiasm that he lifted Hermione off her feet.
"Is this the moment?" Harry asked weakly, and when nothing happened except that Ron and Hermione gripped each other still more firmly and swayed on the spot, he raised his voice. "OI! There's a war going on here!"
Ron and Hermione broke apart, their arms still around each other.
"I know, mate," said Ron, who looked as though he had recently been hit on the back of the head with a Bludger, "so it's now or never, isn't it?"
"Never mind that, what about the Horcrux?" Harry shouted. "D'you think you could just --- just hold it in, until we've got the diadem?"
"Yeah --- right --- sorry ---" said Ron, and he and Hermione set about gathering up fangs, both pink in the face."

― J.K. Rowling

"Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?"
― Bill Watterson
 
Yeah, Yeah, I know....I forgot again...So, I apologize...again......Sorry 🙁

"Death's got an Invisibility Cloak?" Harry interrupted again.
"So he can sneak up on people," said Ron. "Sometimes he gets bored of running at them, flapping his arms and shrieking..."

― J.K. Rowling

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."
― Mark Twain

"Don't feel bad, I'm usually about to die."
― Rick Riordan

"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect."
― J.K. Rowling
 
Exams start Friday.....urgh....can't wait for this semester to be over 🙂

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
― G.K. Chesterton

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint."
― Mark Twain