This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fishy fish

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently working on a DO secondary application which asks the question below...

Do you consider yourself to be Hispanic/Latino/Spanish Origin? (The term Hispanic or Latino or Spanish Origin is defined as a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.)

I am a quarter Spanish..my grandmother is from Barcelona, Spain. Would I be stretching it if I select yes?

Members don't see this ad.

Currently working on a DO secondary application which asks the question below...

Do you consider yourself to be Hispanic/Latino/Spanish Origin? (The term Hispanic or Latino or Spanish Origin is defined as a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race.)

I am a quarter Spanish..my grandmother is from Barcelona, Spain. Would I be stretching it if I select yes?
Yes I would say you are stretching it.

Reactions: 1 user

Yes, barely.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Nope if that is how you define yourself based on your ethnicity and cultural experience. However my experience with these types of questions tell me that if you need to ask this question you probably are not in the category that should select yes. If you get an interview they’ll make that decision anyway so it’s up to you.