Racist interaction with lab tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread in a nutshell:

OP: *reports that a tech told her a racist joke that hurt her and asks what to do*

Many SDNers including me: *repeatedly urges OP to report since it's racist*

Anti-SJWers: *rants about free speech, SJWs bad, everyone has the right to be racist and face absolutely no consequences, if tech bad, stand up comedians bad.*

Few SDNers: *agrees tech should be reported but discusses extensively on semantics of whether tech is racist vs socially inept, assuming both are mutually exclusive*

*thread continues endlessly in derail land with some flame wars on side until mods get tired and lock the thread*

Rinse and repeat for nearly all threads regarding discrimination and bigotry.
What an unfair characterization. We may disagree, but at least I didn't misrepresent your viewpoint. You know what, I'm done with all this.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
What an unfair characterization. We may disagree, but at least I didn't misrepresent your viewpoint. You know what, I'm done with all this.

I repeatedly mentioned they weren't mutually exclusive and yet you kept trying to make me decide between one or the other even though we agree with the main point.

The discussion was already done anyways, and OP knows what's the next step. I'm not interested in debating semantics.

The OP has received advice.
The commentary has devolved into a debate about racism, which is not appropriate for this forum.
Closing thread.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.