Radial Nerve Injury?

Started by jets4life
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jets4life

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hello to all,

I am in my late 20's, and I was recently involved in a cycling accident where I broke my radius bone in my arm (near the elbow). After two months the bone is healing nicely, however the radial nerve is taking a lot longer to heal as I cannot point my fingers up or type on a keyboard. How long does it take for the nerve to recover. Would physical exercise help?

thanks for listening.
 
I would suggest speaking with a neurologist if you havent done so already....JMO
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Go see a Hand surgeon. You should probably be in a splint to help with extension. Radial nerve injuries often take several months to heal and sometimes require tendon transfers to effectively restore extension.