Raising Verbal Score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KVS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been doing quite a few practice passages (TPR Verbal) and I keep missing 1-2 questions per passage. Is there any technique to eliminate chances of errors? The techniques im using now are identifying the question type and process of elimination. BUT still keep messing up. Im just trying to comprehend the fine nuances of the verbal section to help me get the last few points. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I have been doing quite a few practice passages (TPR Verbal) and I keep missing 1-2 questions per passage. Is there any technique to eliminate chances of errors? The techniques im using now are identifying the question type and process of elimination. BUT still keep messing up. Im just trying to comprehend the fine nuances of the verbal section to help me get the last few points. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!:)

If you're working through the TPRH Verbal Workbook and only missing 1-2 questions in each passage, the first thing to be aware of is that you're doing many things right. So you don't want to tweak what you're doing too much within the passages, especially since time doesn't seem to be much of a factor for you.

Ultimately it comes down to what specific questions you're getting wrong and why you're selecting a different answer. It's ok to make mistakes at first, but you need to take a look at those questions and try to figure out why you thought your answer was correct. What led you there? If you focus on understanding the few things you're doing wrong, the more familiar you'll be with those types of questions and the less likely you'll be to make the same mistakes in the future.

But remember, there's no magical solution of "oh, you're getting two questions wrong per passage? then you need to remember to pick C for the first answer of each passage" or anything like that. It all comes down to you at this point....after all, some students would kill to be as efficient as you already are on the Verbal passages.