This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about RAM? (Remote Area Medical)? It is basically a volunteer position in which, you go to underserved communities and help out. You help build shelters, talk to different patients, etc. I was wondering if anyone has done this before? What did you think of the experience? Does it classify as clinical or non-clinical? I have done a few events but was looking at doing some more! Let me know what you think! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard about RAM? (Remote Area Medical)? It is basically a volunteer position in which, you go to underserved communities and help out. You help build shelters, talk to different patients, etc. I was wondering if anyone has done this before? What did you think of the experience? Does it classify as clinical or non-clinical? I have done a few events but was looking at doing some more! Let me know what you think! Thanks!
I participated in 3 clinics and I found it to be an awesome experience (so much so that I actually mentioned it in my personal statement). I considered it clinical volunteering, since it had direct patient contact and it was brought up in all three of my interviews this cycle. I would highly recommend the experience, and personally would have done more clinics had I not moved. Hope this helps!

I participated in 3 clinics and I found it to be an awesome experience (so much so that I actually mentioned it in my personal statement). I considered it clinical volunteering, since it had direct patient contact and it was brought up in all three of my interviews this cycle. I would highly recommend the experience, and personally would have done more clinics had I not moved. Hope this helps!

Yes it does help!! Thank you!! I love volunteering with RAM!! It's a great way to get clinical exposure. It is also helping underserved communities as well!! A lot of the clinics are so far from where I live though haha gotta wait until they get here!

Reactions: 1 user