Random AADSAS Questions: 2018-2019 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How long does the transcript verification process usually take? They received my transcripts a week ago but the status still says "arrived". Also, will the status of my transcripts immediately change to "verified" once they are done with the verification process or does it take a few days?
If they received your transcripts before you submitted, then it would take 2-3 weeks from the day of submission. If your transcripts were received after you already submitted your app, it might take longer because they might've put you in a queue to get verified, saw your transcripts weren't in yet, and then moved you to the back of the queue (these are just my thoughts on the process). I don't think they're hold your place in line because there are so many other apps that need to be verified. Hope this makes sense!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How long does it take for the transcript/grades to be verified on the school app?

Application says "Complete" but if I open the .pdf of the application it says "unverified" for the transcript section.

Also... where does it list my GPA? I've seen in previous posts that its under the transcript section in the .pdf of the school application but mine isnt shown. Is it due to "unverified" status?

How long does it take for the transcript/grades to be verified on the school app?

Application says "Complete" but if I open the .pdf of the application it says "unverified" for the transcript section.

Also... where does it list my GPA? I've seen in previous posts that its under the transcript section in the .pdf of the school application but mine isnt shown. Is it due to "unverified" status?
Literally just answered this in the post above yours.

Your GPAs won't be there until your application has been verified.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I am a bit concerned about the letters Interfolio uploaded to my AADSAS. So when I look through the PDF application 'coversheet' that schools receive, I notice that my letter sections aren't consistent. Refer to the pic for a visual.

Note: ALL 4 of my letters were uploaded through Interfolio in the same manner. I requested the Interfolio deliveries all within the same hour. All of the letters were delivered by Interfolio the same day as well. So it's baffling me why there is an inconsistency in the "Professional Title" and "Organization" field.

Does anyone else have this issue with their apps? And would this be an actual issue, or do schools just read the contents of the letters?

Also, Interfolio says this on their Delivery webpage, which might be the reason for this?:
"Some systems require the uploader to answer additional questions in order to upload a letter. We will leave those questions empty or select "N/A" when possible. However, if the questions are required and we cannot answer them, we will cancel the request and notify you."

Y9H1PwB.jpg
My interfolio letters are blank on the coversheet. I wouldn’t worry about it since the letters should be on official letterhead and signed by the professor so schools will see the professors title and organization. I’ve received multiple interviews already and haven’t heard any issues regarding my letters.

My interfolio letters are blank on the coversheet. I wouldn’t worry about it since the letters should be on official letterhead and signed by the professor so schools will see the professors title and organization. I’ve received multiple interviews already and haven’t heard any issues regarding my letters.

Hi! Yes, other people told me their cover sheet looked like that as well haha. My letters should be good to go then, since Interfolio's quality control confirmed that the letters passed their checklist. :)

hi incredibly sorry for the multiple questions here, I would like to know if it is okay to put on the aadsas health programs u have founded and implemented in your community but they are more like campaigns and not necessarily through a registered entity if that makes sense?

hi incredibly sorry for the multiple questions here, I would like to know if it is okay to put on the aadsas health programs u have founded and implemented in your community but they are more like campaigns and not necessarily through a registered entity if that makes sense?
I would say that it can't hurt to include these types of experiences. Be selective in making sure that they are important experiences or ones that better tell your story to admissions comittees (i.e. don't include something like you did a bakesale for cancer research. But things like started a drive to donate toothbrushes to underserved would be things worth adding.)

Does anyone know if DAT scores are updated on AADSAS on the weekends? My 2-3 week timeframe is coming to an end and my application has still not been updated on AADSAS.

I wanted to know if it you have a submitted application with incorrect contact information, what can you do?

I wanted to know if it you have a submitted application with incorrect contact information, what can you do?

Call the schools and see if they can correct them. If you haven’t been verified then AADSAS can probably do this

Does anyone know if DAT scores are updated on AADSAS on the weekends? My 2-3 week timeframe is coming to an end and my application has still not been updated on AADSAS.
Not sure if this is any help but......I took my DAT on 7/20 and when I checked the ADA website today I saw that my scores were posted. When I clicked display to see the details I saw that it was processed to my designated schools on 8/3. I still do not see my scores updated on AADSAS though.

UPDATE: Scores were accepted to AADSAS on 8/6.

Last edited:
I took my DAT on 07/18. When I checked the ADA website, my scores were posted and processed to my schools on 8/3; however, they are not on AADSAS. When I called AADSAS, they stated it took four weeks from when they were posted to the ADA website, not four weeks from the test date, for them to be posted since they do them in batches. Is this true? I thought it was four weeks from the date we took the test? Can schools see my scores, or do they wait for them to be posted on AADSAS?

I took my DAT on 07/18. When I checked the ADA website, my scores were posted and processed to my schools on 8/3; however, they are not on AADSAS. When I called AADSAS, they stated it took four weeks from when they were posted to the ADA website, not four weeks from the test date, for them to be posted since they do them in batches. Is this true? I thought it was four weeks from the date we took the test? Can schools see my scores, or do they wait for them to be posted on AADSAS?
It should be 2-4 weeks from when you took the test. Since they're up on ADA, call AADSAS and ask them to link it to your application. They should be able to do it on the spot. It takes the longest time to get from test -> ADA, but from ADA -> AADSAS doesn't take very long at all. Just gotta bug AADSAS to do it. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
It should be 2-4 weeks from when you took the test. Since they're up on ADA, call AADSAS and ask them to link it to your application. They should be able to do it on the spot. It takes the longest time to get from test -> ADA, but from ADA -> AADSAS doesn't take very long at all. Just gotta bug AADSAS to do it. Good luck!

I just called AADSAS and they said there is no way for them to link ADA to AADSAS. They were saying it would take an additional 2 weeks for the scores to be sent over from the ADA to AADSAS. Any suggestions on what to do next?

I just called AADSAS and they said there is no way for them to link ADA to AADSAS. They were saying it would take an additional 2 weeks for the scores to be sent over from the ADA to AADSAS. Any suggestions on what to do next?
I just called and they also said they can't link my scores, and that we just have to wait ten business days from when the scores were posted to ADA and call again then.

I just called and they also said they can't link my scores, and that we just have to wait ten business days from when the scores were posted to ADA and call again then.
No sorry :/ That's what people did last year, they just called & ADEA staff were able to link the scores to the app as long as they were official on the ADA website. I don't know why they can't do it this year. Just wait as patiently as you can. Hopefully they're up soon!

When do schools start looking deep into if your pre-reqs meet their expectations? Such as if there’s maybe a questionable English class that they’d require a syllabus for. Is this before The interview, after acceptance, etc.?

I accidentally entered unofficial DAT scores under the Canadian Test so now I have two unofficial scores American and Canadian. I contacted AADSAS and they said there was nothing they could do.
Will this affect my application in any way? Should I do something about it?

When do schools start looking deep into if your pre-reqs meet their expectations? Such as if there’s maybe a questionable English class that they’d require a syllabus for. Is this before The interview, after acceptance, etc.?
Western had me do it before interview, whereas UCLA had me do it during/after interview. I think it just really depends on the school. Also, I believe they follow Course Descriptions from Catalogs more than they do syllabi. :)

I accidentally entered unofficial DAT scores under the Canadian Test so now I have two unofficial scores American and Canadian. I contacted AADSAS and they said there was nothing they could do.
Will this affect my application in any way? Should I do something about it?
I'd contact your schools and let them know what happened. Ultimately only your American one will become official so it might go without saying, but better safe than sorry.

Western had me do it before interview, whereas UCLA had me do it during/after interview. I think it just really depends on the school. Also, I believe they follow Course Descriptions from Catalogs more than they do syllabi. :)
During the interview... did they just go through each class and ask you what you covered, or did they just bring up any questions they had?

During the interview... did they just go through each class and ask you what you covered, or did they just bring up any questions they had?
If you're invited to UCLA, they tell you that they do something called "Transcript Review". She had a copy of my transcript in front of her, and we went over my courses really quickly to make sure I met all the pre-reqs (and had enough units). Then she told me the things I needed to do (like send a course description of my English class), which I did in the few days after my interview.

I just finished up a summer research position and a summer dental shadowing experience. If I add these to my AADSAS application, will schools I already have applied to be notified of these updates and be able to see them? Or since I've already applied do I have to contact the school to inform them that I updated my Experiences section of the application? I want to make sure that schools can see them so they know I'm still actively improving my application.

I took my DAT on 7/10, and it was uploaded onto the ADA on 7/25 in the morning, then put onto the AADSAS at 7/27. I'm guessing that if your scores were put up on 8/3 (Friday), they'll hopefully be on the AADSAS by Monday or Tuesday since its taking longer due to the weekend. :) Best of luck!

Does anyone know if there are still “cover sheets” for our applications? I wasn’t able to find one

When you enter experiences or achievements, the ones you enter first are at the bottom of the list. Does anyone know how the order is arranged when you submit the app? I know you can mark your most important ones but I still want my favorites to be at the top since readers likely read from top to bottom.

I entered my most important ones first and they are at the bottom now. All about perception....know what I am saying lol?
The way I believe schools receive apps is like they have a few summary pages at the front, and then the application PDF that you can download from the "Check Status" tab follows those summaries, combined into one even longer PDF. Schools don't want to go through the million pages that make up your transcript/course history and GPAs right? This way they can quickly sort through what's important.

In those summaries/coversheets, it shows the activities you highlighted in reverse chronological order (newest first). If schools want to see what other activities you did besides the ones you highlighted (and of course they do), they go down to that part of your app, where all are listed in reverse chronological order, with no attention paid to whether they are highlighted or not. Hope that makes sense.

Does anyone know if there are still “cover sheets” for our applications? I wasn’t able to find one
Yeah there are, like the "summaries" I talked about above ^ These are for the schools and aren't visible to us.

The inflexible fields in the application are giving me a hard time filling out my experiences with 100% accuracy. I'm having trouble with 2 things right now...

1) For about 2 years (or 96 weeks), I did some work for my school on and off. When I enter my hours, I put in 96 weeks since that was the stretch I worked. I don't have an option of entering decimals for the hours so I have to put 1. I did not work 96 hours though.

Likewise, I did some volunteering over a summer for about 2 months. I probably did close to 40 hours total. In order to get to 40 hours, I have to put in 8 weeks and 5 hours per week. However, this isn't really accurate since I probably volunteered 8 hour shifts at random times during the 2 months (don't remember exactly since it was years ago).

Another example is shadowing. I shadowed a dentist for a total of 8 hours on 2 days. The 2 days were separated by a few months. It's odd to say my experience lasted 2 weeks.

How do you accurately reflect the number of weeks and hours?

2) Also what are you entering for the 'Title'? Are you writing the your job title or the name of the experience. When I entered my experience at a summer program, I just wrote the name of the program. When I put in my shadowing experience, I put "Shadowing at XXXX Dental". Not sure if I'm doing this correctly...
So I shadowed one place for two places for two weeks, each separated by a couple months. I put the timeframe as the beginning of the first week to the end of the last week, but just wrote in my total hours. IIRC there's no place to put in weeks of work? If there was I only put 2. I ended up just putting whatever time frame my work was restrained in and the total cumulative hours for things with breaks. Like if you did 8 hours in 2 months you did 8 hours in 2 months. Don't know if this was the entirely right way to do it but that's how I did it.
If you want you can probably explain the time thing in the additional information box.

For title, I did my title of what my job was. So if I was an executive of a club, my title was the exec title, and the club was the organization . Shadowing title is fine tho your official title for that is a shadower anyway.

The inflexible fields in the application are giving me a hard time filling out my experiences with 100% accuracy. I'm having trouble with 2 things right now...

1) For about 2 years (or 96 weeks), I did some work for my school on and off. When I enter my hours, I put in 96 weeks since that was the stretch I worked. I don't have an option of entering decimals for the hours so I have to put 1. I did not work 96 hours though.

Likewise, I did some volunteering over a summer for about 2 months. I probably did close to 40 hours total. In order to get to 40 hours, I have to put in 8 weeks and 5 hours per week. However, this isn't really accurate since I probably volunteered 8 hour shifts at random times during the 2 months (don't remember exactly since it was years ago).

Another example is shadowing. I shadowed a dentist for a total of 8 hours on 2 days. The 2 days were separated by a few months. It's odd to say my experience lasted 2 weeks.

How do you accurately reflect the number of weeks and hours?

2) Also what are you entering for the 'Title'? Are you writing the your job title or the name of the experience. When I entered my experience at a summer program, I just wrote the name of the program. When I put in my shadowing experience, I put "Shadowing at XXXX Dental". Not sure if I'm doing this correctly...

Yes, it's not the greatest format, but the key parts are start date, end date, and the total number of hours. If there is some large gap, feel free to add a sentence describing the irregularity, but don't let it slow down your app. The AdComs just want to know the nature of the shadowing and for how long.

Answering your second question, I wrote "Observer" as my title for shadowing, or "Administrative Assistant" at my job. Keep those parts simple and clarify in your description.

When you enter experiences or achievements, the ones you enter first are at the bottom of the list. Does anyone know how the order is arranged when you submit the app? I know you can mark your most important ones but I still want my favorites to be at the top since readers likely read from top to bottom.

I entered my most important ones first and they are at the bottom now. All about perception....know what I am saying lol?
Along with the information I posted above, I found this in the instructions:
Applicant Summary:
The Coversheet is not a unique section on the application, but an important summary of all the information included in the ADEA AADSAS application. It is a one-page document that appears at the beginning of the PDF application and is automatically generated after the application is submitted.

Items included on the coversheet are:
o Biographic Information,
o Selected GPAs, o Official DAT scores, if they have been received, and Planned DAT date for future tests listed,
 Self-Reported Canadian DATs, if applicable​
o Up to four “most important achievements,” and
o Up to six “most important experiences.”

Along with the information I posted above, I found this in the instructions:
Applicant Summary:
The Coversheet is not a unique section on the application, but an important summary of all the information included in the ADEA AADSAS application. It is a one-page document that appears at the beginning of the PDF application and is automatically generated after the application is submitted.

Items included on the coversheet are:
o Biographic Information,
o Selected GPAs, o Official DAT scores, if they have been received, and Planned DAT date for future tests listed,
 Self-Reported Canadian DATs, if applicable​
o Up to four “most important achievements,” and
o Up to six “most important experiences.”

Yeah I saw that too but even after submitting my application I still don’t have that cover sheet for some reason...

Yeah I saw that too but even after submitting my application I still don’t have that cover sheet for some reason...
It's only for the schools, as I said before. Us applicants don't see it, only the schools do.
These are for the schools and aren't visible to us.

It helps them sort through applicants quickly.

Reactions: 1 users
How do you decide which experiences to leave out? I have some volunteering experiences that were 1 day events that last anywhere from 4-8 hours. Should I include these?

Include all experiences you have

Does anybody know if certificates, such as dental assistant and radiology licenses, are still considered transcripts and have to be sent to ADEA AADSAS using the transcript request form during the academic update period?

Thank you.