Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Welcome to part 15!

diesel.vin.111003.jpg

Mmmm sexy even in a skirt.

Official Totals for Part 14:
Anastasis 149
megboo 136
pingouin 116
Mr. Tee 81
Arsenic 61
beary 53
Dr Durden 49
PBandJ 47
DocFunk 44
DrBowtie 39
TypeA 38
Nikki2002 38
oxeye 30
gujuDoc 28
WilliamsF1 17
EvoDevo 16
Crazy Canuck 13
lilithny 12
UMP 10
mshheaddoc 9
QofQuimica 9
RAD11 6
Pontifex Maximus 2
CalvinTK 1
gradu8in2003 1
docolive 1

Members don't see this ad.

Anatomy caused a nervous breakdown tonight. Hubby is prepping a bath for me. I :love: that man!! After that...back to studying. How can I POSSIBLY love this stuff so much?? :rolleyes:
are you using the technique of saying you love something that you absolutely despise? i used to say i love the mcat to get me through it

Members don't see this ad :)
Members don't see this ad :)
are you using the technique of saying you love something that you absolutely despise? i used to say i love the mcat to get me through it

I love placentas. I love placentas. :laugh: :laugh:

Actually that is one of the best things about GU - no placentas. I must say I am very ready to be done with this year filled with autopsies and placentas.

We have a winter storm warning and are supposed to get a foot of snow tomorrow.
wow. 1 foot :eek:
btw. since we talk about the weather so much, do we complain about humidity and heat in the summer?

I love placentas. I love placentas. :laugh: :laugh:

Actually that is one of the best things about GU - no placentas. I must say I am very ready to be done with this year filled with autopsies and placentas.
yes, placentas make good taco fillings
or atleast that's what i hear

Wow, a mass shooting at a mall in Salt Lake City. I went shopping there and had dinner when I was out for my residency interview.

Bad accident over the weekend near where I live (happened in Oswego, IL) -

a drunk 23-year-old decided to give a bunch of H.S. teens a ride home - 9 people in her dodge intrepid. She was drunk (> .08), speeding, and wrapped the car around a pole. 4 kids died, everyone else in the hospital, including - you guessed it - the driver with the least # of injuries.

My orgo prof actually told us he'd let us off the "attendance hook" tomorrow if the roads were bad. :eek:

I don't know what I will do if the roads are too bad to get to work. :scared: Though they take pretty good care of the roads here and this has been well forecast so I assume they are prepared.

Actually my bigger worry is getting stuck at work at the end of the day!

we're suppose to get a little snow and then freezing rain from the south
but weather.com is wrong a lot so i dont know what to trust

wow. 1 foot :eek:
btw. since we talk about the weather so much, do we complain about humidity and heat in the summer?
yes. and we will all insist that the humidity is the *worst* in our particular town.

and fwiw, I'm hating organic at the moment. I want my professor from last semester back. :(

Doc - where in the South do you live?

Looks like we're gonna get snow in about 1 hr :eek:

Looks like the pinguoin is in the rain zone *whew*
i live in the northeast, an island called long island
i was saying that the clouds from the south are bringing us freezing rain

one more thing... this has been bugging me most of the day...

is is just me, or is it counterproductive to give a practice test and then decline to post the answer key? "I want you to LEARN it" is a great excuse, except I really don't know if I'm learning "organic chemistry" or "organic chemistry- Penguin Version" with out the ^@$%^#*#%^& answers. :mad:

and Funk- thanks

Ahhh I thought you were a southern boy!

Have you posted up your pic yet? Everyone else has! :smuggrin:
what made you think i was a southern boy?
i must admit, their food is good.

i pretty much grew up in nyc suburbs

is is just me, or is it counterproductive to give a practice test and then decline to post the answer key? "I want you to LEARN it" is a great excuse, except I really don't know if I'm learning "organic chemistry" or "organic chemistry- Penguin Version" with out the ^@$%^#*#%^& answers. :mad:

and Funk- thanks
That's just to give you an idea of the format etc. Maybe some of those same questions will show up :idea:

and Funk- thanks
my professor used to do that just to show us what style of questions he likes to put out. but yeah, i agree, what's the !#!@(!ing point?

Status
Not open for further replies.