Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVI

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus I kinda want one that's going to last at least 4 years... so I need to go alittle above the minimum requirements. Plus the more RAM I have and the better the graphics card the better WoW will look when I get hooked :smuggrin:

:clap: :thumbup: You must talk to me before you start playing so we get on the same server!

I was just flying through the posts at the speed of light but the WoW reference caught my eye. :D

Is beary still here - snow is headed your way!!!!! :eek:

Yeah, I saw that on the weather! We have a winter storm warning and are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow.

I REALLY REALLY hope I don't have an autopsy tomorrow. (I have to go in anyway, but at least should get out at a reasonable time otherwise).

Members don't see this ad :)
Good work! :thumbup:

I have a some stretch marks as well. I hate the fact they'll never go away.

:)

I'm just confused why mine are showing after losing weight - unless the stretching from gaining hardly showed and now that there's less underneath my skin, my skin has not snapped back, hence red marks instead of white.

At any rate it's weird because they literally happened overnight for 2 nights.

So I bought some shea coco butter cream that the pregnant women use :laugh:

Looks nice to me - except that it is 7.1 pounds. I'm not sure how happy I'd be lugging that around every day.

I'll ask my computer guy friend tonight if Toshiba laptops are any good, though. :)
7 lbs is heavy enough to deter use. Shoot for 4-5. Tech has gotten good enough for that these days.

Members don't see this ad :)
:)

I'm just confused why mine are showing after losing weight - unless the stretching from gaining hardly showed and now that there's less underneath my skin, my skin has not snapped back, hence red marks instead of white.

At any rate it's weird because they literally happened overnight for 2 nights.

So I bought some shea coco butter cream that the pregnant women use :laugh:

Yeah, I first saw mine after I lost some weight. I guess you don't notice as it expands when gaining weight, but when you drop, you see the extra.

I actually worked out quite a bit today. I was really pissed and relieved some stress that way. Today's bball loss to LSU took a lot out of me. How's SIU doin'?

Yeah, I first saw mine after I lost some weight. I guess you don't notice as it expands when gaining weight, but when you drop, you see the extra.

I actually worked out quite a bit today. I was really pissed and relieved some stress that way. Today's bball loss to LSU took a lot out of me. How's SIU doin'?

Last I checked it was 22-21 SIU (vs. Evansville) with 6 minutes to go in the first half. I was a little annoyed and had to turn it off. Too many fouls - and it's a home game! I'll turn it on later to watch on the big screen after my hubby's rugby match is over. He's such a TV hog.

Will - SIU knocked it out 76-69. Close game all the way through, tho. SIU had a 12-point lead at a few different times but Evansville pulled within 4 with 3 minutes to go. We managed to win by 7 though. Crappy refereeing and a very physical game. We played them at home earlier this year and lost by 8.

SIU wins the MVC and have the #1 seed for the St. Louis tourney. Most of the teams in the MVC are good so it'll be a good tourney to watch. My parents have great tickets but I can't go :(

Will - SIU knocked it out 76-69. Close game all the way through, tho. SIU had a 12-point lead at a few different times but Evansville pulled within 4 with 3 minutes to go. We managed to win by 7 though. Crappy refereeing and a very physical game. We played them at home earlier this year and lost by 8.

SIU wins the MVC and have the #1 seed for the St. Louis tourney. Most of the teams in the MVC are good so it'll be a good tourney to watch. My parents have great tickets but I can't go :(

That sucks. :( Will the rest of your games be broadcast in your area?

The MVC plays real well during March Madness. A team like Creighton always kicked my team out. :( The two regular season conference champs from the smaller conferences I wouldn't like to face is SIU and Memphis from Conference USA. Others are Kansas and Georgetown from the Big 12 and Big East. I'm cool with anyone else...

That sucks. :( Will the rest of your games be broadcast in your area?

The MVC plays real well during March Madness. A team like Creighton always kicked my team out. :( The two regular season conference champs from the smaller conferences I wouldn't like to face is SIU and Memphis from Conference USA. Others are Kansas and Georgetown from the Big 12 and Big East. I'm cool with anyone else...

Yeah Creighton and Wichita State can be upsetters, but this season Bradley and Evansville were right in there. The games are televised on Fox Sports so at least I can tune up the 42" plasma :)

Butler is one to watch, too. I hope SIU plays better than they did tonight.

ok so guys, i have an issue. i've already been to two (2) University of Illinois interviews...one for the MD/PhD program at U of I Chicago, and one for the MD/PhD program at U of I Urbana-Champaign. These programs are entirely separate, but both operate under the same U of I College of Medicine. They both claim that the MD/PhD interviews count for my medical school interviews as well.

However, I just received a letter in the mail yesterday (dated feb 16) from the U of I college of medicine inviting me to interview for admission to the UIC college of medicine. Huh?? Didn't i already come to interview with them, not just once, but Twice?? I'm mega confused. I am definitely calling on Monday to get this figured out, but if you guys have any ideas, feel free to share.

ok so guys, i have an issue. i've already been to two (2) University of Illinois interviews...one for the MD/PhD program at U of I Chicago, and one for the MD/PhD program at U of I Urbana-Champaign. These programs are entirely separate, but both operate under the same U of I College of Medicine. They both claim that the MD/PhD interviews count for my medical school interviews as well.

However, I just received a letter in the mail yesterday (dated feb 16) from the U of I college of medicine inviting me to interview for admission to the UIC college of medicine. Huh?? Didn't i already come to interview with them, not just once, but Twice?? I'm mega confused. I am definitely calling on Monday to get this figured out, but if you guys have any ideas, feel free to share.
Is this UIC one MD only?

This is for T & Twin :smuggrin:

"Because no one cares about your damn MCAT score" :laugh:

:laugh: Lawl!

I'd paid extra special attention since it was filmed here on campus. I can't get a prescription though since I'm just an undergrad in the medical library. :(

Ok, so I you ask again...you guys (gals) came through the first time. Shoot me some ideas for my paper on "some aspect of cardiac or respiratory emergencies." Um, it's not rocket science, but I always have trouble deciding what to do.

Oh, and Beary, I may need you to save my A$$ with something. Pretty please. ;)

Ok, so I you ask again...you guys (gals) came through the first time. Shoot me some ideas for my paper on "some aspect of cardiac or respiratory emergencies." Um, it's not rocket science, but I always have trouble deciding what to do.

Just an idea... the Anesthesia (sp?) doc I shadowed talked about the pros and cons of using traditional intubation vs some kind of special intubation where they don't insert the tube all the way down, instead using some kind of cap... I don't know, maybe too specialized? Plus I don't remember the name of the second kind. :oops:

Just an idea... the Anesthesia (sp?) doc I shadowed talked about the pros and cons of using traditional intubation vs some kind of special intubation where they don't insert the tube all the way down, instead using some kind of cap... I don't know, maybe too specialized? Plus I don't remember the name of the second kind. :oops:

I remember the name of the second kind.

**You have officially been gunned**

Always ready to save a$$.

I am unable to think of any new ideas.

I really think this is the tiredest I have been throughout residency. I had another two autopsies today plus all my breast stuff. The last two days (weekend days) have been my longest and busiest days in a long time.

cardiac output 1 month pre-mcat vs. mcat day vs. 1-month post mcat vs. day scores arrive.

Same for respiratory rates.

:smuggrin:

Always ready to save a$$.

I am unable to think of any new ideas.

I really think this is the tiredest I have been throughout residency. I had another two autopsies today plus all my breast stuff. The last two days (weekend days) have been my longest and busiest days in a long time.

Sorry you are so tired. I decided to write about epiglottitis. Nothing earth-shattering, which is what I wanted. I really didn't want a bunch of technical stuff that I was going to have to explain.

The saving a$$ is something totally different. :)

Sorry you are so tired. I decided to write about epiglottitis. Nothing earth-shattering, which is what I wanted. I really didn't want a bunch of technical stuff that I was going to have to explain.

Epiglottitis is a good topic. Fortunately we don't see that too much anymore now that there is a Hib vaccine.

be sure to look at acid reflux and epiglottitis as well as aspiration/penetration and epiglottitis. I've seen a few voice clients in my career with chronic acid reflux that irritated vocal chords and the epi too to where movement of the epi was painful.

Oh - we saw Ghost Rider today. I loved it! Kinda cheesy, but the special fx were awesome!

My hubby loved it for the bikes. Apparently the Ghost Rider rides a panhead chopper :cool:
ghost rider got pretty bad reviews.
my friend just comes up to me and goes, .
"hey want to watch nightrider?"
"huh? u mean david hasselhoff?"
"oops i meant ghostrider"
:rolleyes:

Sorry cannot chat...I'm in the lab right now doing microscopy.

BTW beary how much of your day is spent doing microscopy? I've done this for almost 4 years and I'm getting tired of it :(

Sorry cannot chat...I'm in the lab right now doing microscopy.

BTW beary how much of your day is spent doing microscopy? I've done this for almost 4 years and I'm getting tired of it :(

A lot. Pretty much bread and butter of path is at the scope and everything else is peripheral.

I used to get tired of microscopy in grad school too but clinical work is different - it's really fast and you don't spend forever looking at the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.