Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted106503

random

werd2.gif

Members don't see this ad.

How are you taking over SDN in the name of the state of Texas?
I just put that up because I was bored while writing the FAQ thing.

Plus we have a petition to get our own subforum... it's only a matter of time before Pre-allo gets less traffic than the TX subforum. MUAH HA HA HA.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just put that up because I was bored while writing the FAQ thing.

Plus we have a petition to get our own subforum... it's only a matter of time before Pre-allo gets less traffic than the TX subforum. MUAH HA HA HA.

Good luck with that....

GO USA!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I'm certain you would start your own Nextel Cup team and be one of the drivers. :) Possibly hire CE to be a teammate.

:laugh: You crack me up, Beary. You could afford to buy your own residency program and do what you like (i.e. no placentas or people yelling at you :oops: ).

Woohoo!!! :cool:

We have an older pathologist who is well off and volunteers here as a pathologist. I can't imagine not working at all but yeah - no placentas and no getting yelled at would be pretty pretty nice. :thumbup:

Although I'm certain you would start your own Nextel Cup team and be one of the drivers. :) Possibly hire CE to be a teammate.

:laugh: Yes, this is one of my fantasy jobs - to own a Nextel Cup team! My other fantasy job is to start a winery. Being outside, lots of land, great wine - sounds good to me. :)

:laugh: Yes, this is one of my fantasy jobs - to own a Nextel Cup team! My other fantasy job is to start a winery. Being outside, lots of land, great wine - sounds good to me. :)

You a Jeff Gordon fan as well? He has his own wine label and doesn't enjoy beer at all. Says he gets along better with fans that prefer wine over beer, lol.

Man...I've seen some crazy homes for sale out in California. The new trend is to have your own vineyard in your land. It looks pretty sweet when pulling up to the driveway. :thumbup:

Apparently I need to find an Irish bear for my avatar and join the fiesta.

You could always doctor your current avatar by doing some handy dandy photoshop work in which you take a leprachaun hat and add it to the top of your bear. Maybe even have a mini leprachaun sit on the bear's shoulder. :laugh: :laugh:

You a Jeff Gordon fan as well? He has his own wine label and doesn't enjoy beer at all. Says he gets along better with fans that prefer wine over beer, lol.

Man...I've seen some crazy homes for sale out in California. The new trend is to have your own vineyard in your land. It looks pretty sweet when pulling up to the driveway. :thumbup:
i once dated a guy named jeff gordon. :p

Oooooh you guys I love the Irish avatars. For those that know me, my maiden name is quite Irish (so is my mom's!).

My dad used to play this record of an Irish band every St. Patty's day and would sing "Peg O' my heart!" to me (closest to Meg he could get).

So....... thought crossed my mind to think about meeting with a financial advisor getting a business plan together for hiring employees after school/MCAT are over.

I was thinking of ways to stay out of huge debt during med school.....

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

So I'm debating just doing away with the whole anonymous school thing - what do you guys think?

I did it before when I had kid pics up as my avatar. Maybe I'm being too paranoid.

I joined you all to be part of the cool crowd. See the avatar!!! :D :D :D :D

YAY for St. Patty's spirit among some of the coolest people ever!!!!!!! :p

So I'm debating just doing away with the whole anonymous school thing - what do you guys think?

I did it before when I had kid pics up as my avatar. Maybe I'm being too paranoid.

Are you talking about putting it in your sig like A-man or not answering someone you don't know who asks?

i thought about not posting my acceptance b/c i too was a little paranoid...but then i decided, who cares! :p

it's totally up to you. i doubt anyone would really be able to figure out who you are from posts on here, but you never know.

i thought about not posting my acceptance b/c i too was a little paranoid...but then i decided, who cares! :p

it's totally up to you. i doubt anyone would really be able to figure out who you are from posts on here, but you never know.
See this is what I'm thinking - anyone IRL who wants to stalk me on here or something would know who I am regardless of whether or not I make my location public. I think my classmates next year who post here will figure it out, so the only people who won't know are the people who would never know me anyway.

So I think I am being paranoid. But I still don't know ....

i am pretty sure adcoms don't read the random thread. If they do then...

HI ADCOMS :love: :love:

See this is what I'm thinking - anyone IRL who wants to stalk me on here or something would know who I am regardless of whether or not I make my location public. I think my classmates next year who post here will figure it out, so the only people who won't know are the people who would never know me anyway.

You don't seem to say stuff that may bother people so I don't think it would make much of a difference. I wouldn't go around giving my name and stuff, I don't think it would be a big deal to post in a class of 2011 thread for your school, those will be your classmates after all.

As for myself, I don't plan on doing that. I write some things (in the Lounge basically) I wouldn't want people at my med school to know about. Plus, I use a lot of profanity. :)

I've thought about this too. Everybody knows who I am since I am pretty open about where I am, where I'm from, etc., and there's only one person who fits that profile. :) Sometimes I have thought twice about what I was saying on the boards because of that, but mostly I figure it's stuff I would say in "real life" anyway so this is just a different way of communicating.

Status
Not open for further replies.