Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted106503

random

werd2.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
You know I'll never forgive you if you do attend there .... ;)

LOL, except that if I had applied and been accepted I DEFINITELY would have gone there!

If you went to residency at Stanford then I'd still be there as a medical student :hungover:

perhaps Nikki and myself on the c/a psych. although notsomuch neuro for me.. can't speak for Nik on that one...

I dabbled in neuropsych with my Ph.D. (well, neuro-cog psych).

Speech-language path is related when you are interested in language components affected by TBI or CVA (like syntax, morphology, etc.). The line between cog. psych, neuropsych, neurolinguistics and speech path gets very blurred sometimes at the doctoral level depending on the research topic.

Yeah, Indy can get nasty in August. But I remember going up there in May and they were bitching about it being 80 :rolleyes: Zero sympathy from me... it was already 95 - 96 here.

I always found it strange that Indy was cooler than where I'm from at that time of year, but I guess the jetstream is different. :confused:

My parent's lake house is 70 miles south of STL, and we're putting the boat in the water the weekend after St. Pat's. Memorial Day last year was 100 degrees! And we decided to make it worse by taking a day trip to Memphis. But the Civil Rights museum was really cool.

Wow - with so many randomites possibly moving to the midwest, we should do a meet at the lake house!

(pingouin - I will be informing you of upcoming parties (and there will be several this year) since you're right there!)

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow - with so many randomites possibly moving to the midwest, we should do a meet at the lake house!

(pingouin - I will be informing you of upcoming parties (and there will be several this year) since you're right there!)

:horns: :thumbup: :hardy:

Can we throw pebbles at you in your cage?
:laugh:

in "oh my god that test kicked my ass" news, I think our organic chem lab professor is trying to kill us. :( :mad:

Yeah, that was my physics exam today. Supposed to cover sound, optics, and waves. Sound obviously my best topic!

98% optics and HARD. Like questions with 4 consecutive lenses, some converging, some diverging and describe the final image - ugh. Took FOREVER.

2 sound questions on a 6-page exam. And easy as pie. WTF????? Well, I at least got 2 right!

Yeah, that was my physics exam today. Supposed to cover sound, optics, and waves. Sound obviously my best topic!

98% optics and HARD. Like questions with 4 consecutive lenses, some converging, some diverging and describe the final image - ugh. Took FOREVER.

2 sound questions on a 6-page exam. And easy as pie. WTF????? Well, I at least got 2 right!
yup. 30% of the test on something that was
a) not discussed in the lab manual
b) mentioned in class/lab as "that's not your intended product so just disregard it"

oh and did I mention that the 10-pt bonus question was contingent on you answering the above 30-pt question correctly?

we'll see how well I BSed.

11.gif

OH YEAH!! 3 papers.. and I am on a roll! 100%, 98% and 98%. SWEET. Ok, maybe I am TOO happy...but after struggling with Chem, I am relishing these grades!

11.gif

the official first day of spring is in just a few weeks. i know it will still be freezing here

Oh yeah! Silly groundhogs getting our hopes up :mad: Meanwhile, they have windchill warnings out.

But on a positive note, daylight savings starts in a week!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.