Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted106503

random

werd2.gif

Members don't see this ad.

there's USF, Orlando regional, UF jacksonville and UF gainesville. thats it. DO residencies arent open to MD apps.

yeah that's what I thought about the DO thing. LOL!

P.S. Idaho seems like an odd place to want to consider on your top choice list of EM residency places. How come Idaho???. Seriously!!!

I like the EM part of the "lifestyle" but I don't know if I'd get bored/burnout if I wasn't in an ER that didn't have fast-track stuff, although you never know. Its great money too.

I like my "lifestyle" specialty peds ... family friendly and in the right practice you make your own hours (other than call).

yeah a lot of girls I know like peds, but you are one of few I could see going into that field. most of the rest of those girls changed their minds and some of them seemed more like they'd like a faster paced kind of thing. I like kids but I don't know if I'd want to do general peds. Who knows. Time changes people a lot and their views especially once they've been on the wards.

Aman,

You are one of the most enthusiastic med students I have met out there. Mostly I read blogs about people talking about how much they hated call as a med student and hate it as a resident. You are one of the precious rare few who truly seem to enjoy what they are doing no matter the rotation. That's pretty cool to see there are some people who are still excited about medicine after going through the long call hours.

P.S. I just read through 4 pages of posts and I swear with all the things quoted and requoted I musta read like some of y'alls posts like 4 or 5 times again and again.

for the school where i'm at now. thanks!:)

Cool. Congrats again!! :p

And yeah it seems sometimes that 10% is a far too generous number in terms of what they remember but I guess if its 10% of everything over the whole 4 years or even 10% of just the first two years that would make sense. I think Beary might be onto something with saying that certain courses most doctors will never remember like biochem while others they will retain material from to a small degree.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the school where i'm at now. thanks!:)

BTW: about the book question, well I'd probably just mention that your schedule has given you little time to do much outside leisure reading and then say something to the effect, "but one of my favorite books is...." and then proceed to discuss or do something of that effect. In effect, I think my advice is essentially the same as A-man's advice to you. I'm sure somewhere before your masters program there was a book or two that you really enjoyed.. Was this an example question SDN feedback? Don't stress and I think you'll do fine.

Aman,

You are one of the most enthusiastic med students I have met out there. Mostly I read blogs about people talking about how much they hated call as a med student and hate it as a resident. You are one of the precious rare few who truly seem to enjoy what they are doing no matter the rotation. That's pretty cool to see there are some people who are still excited about medicine after going through the long call hours.

I totally agree with this. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
I watched "Alexander" with some friends this afternoon.

Jeebus that movie sucked ass.
:eek: why would you do that to yourself!
Actually, i saw gigli on my computer just to see how bad it was. It was so bad i didn't know what it was about and stopped 30 minutes into it.

Mine too - when Diana said, "You? I had no idea. I'm sorry" or something like that when she saw the final 5... I was just so sure it was Starbuck. That's the only thing that makes sense (Starbuck or Adama).
Huh. Well, at that time I figured that it was going to be adama. Not so much starbuck. But now.....:idea:

Now I'm really curious as to where these things are going.....

This Friday the 9th. I'll arrive on the 8th.
Good luck! :) I was thinking it might be fun for me to plan a trip to the bay area around your interview time but I'm there right now (need to go back home tomorrow) and I there's no way I want to do that drive two weekends in a row.

Huh. Well, at that time I figured that it was going to be adama. Not so much starbuck. But now.....:idea:

Now I'm really curious as to where these things are going.....
I think the only reason that thought occured to me was because, in the recap at the beginning of the episode there was a rather intense flashback to some argument between Diana and Starbuck (I think from the episode before they figured out she was a Cylon). They usually don't do that unless it ties into the story somehow.

I really loved tonight's episode. Joseph Campbell and all that. The truly great stories are the ones that are told over and over again in different forms. :love: I eat that stuff up! :)

Mushy & Evo: Let me know when you've watched this week's BSG so I can start freaking out to you. :scared:

SHE'S MY FAVORITE CHARACTER!!!
She's not dead ;)

I watched "Alexander" with some friends this afternoon.

Jeebus that movie sucked ass.
I didn'te ven get through the first like 30 mins and shut it off months ago. :barf:

Good luck! :) I was thinking it might be fun for me to plan a trip to the bay area around your interview time but I'm there right now (need to go back home tomorrow) and I there's no way I want to do that drive two weekends in a row.

Hey thanks! Shucks that you won't be in the bay area! However, if by the grace of God I got accepted there, I would be there next time you visit...even if that entails being college rivals for the rest of our lives :eek: ;)

Hey thanks! Shucks that you won't be in the bay area! However, if by the grace of God I got accepted there, I would be there next time you visit...even if that entails being college rivals for the rest of our lives :eek: ;)
You know I'll never forgive you if you do attend there .... ;)

LOL, except that if I had applied and been accepted I DEFINITELY would have gone there!

who else was in to neuro-psych or ped-psych... I thought someone else was there other than me?

i just wanna sleep.

Me too.

I HATE THE VA. ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HATE IT. This is absolute misery. Now I remember why I was so miserable the last time I was over here.

Actually, I want to drink, and then sleep. I know what I'm doing as soon as I get home tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.