Random non–MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread Part XXX!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PBandJ

hot dog back in action!
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TRIPLE X randudes and randudettes!!

I had to start the new one b/c the old one should have technically been closed a while ago, and we need reviving!! RANDOM THREAD MUST NOT DIE! :)

And just for yucks, here's a dog with a bunch of tennis balls in his mouth!

4.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm... i remember this thread!:D

PBandJ! So happy to see this thing is still alive, at least in some form. I just graduated from residency and am starting my new job as an attending physician tomorrow. When I started looking at SDN I hadn't even started med school yet. Ridiculous how much time has passed and how great this site continues to be. Just wanted to say hi! I miss the randomness!

gujudoc! that is so great! congrats to getting in, where are you going to be? PM me if anything! congrats doc! :cool:

mushy!!!! awww mush, congrats to you on everything thats happened with J. Unbelievable. Wait, can I call you mushy? ;)

miss you all! good luck to everyone else in this forum studying now for the MCAT! I had to take that test twice, first time bombing it and the 2nd time murdering it and getting into med school a year later. hang in there everyone, its all possible if you just work hard enough and stick with your dreams. 8 yrs later I'm done with med school and residency and starting to work as an attending. good luck! :luck:
wow, arsenic is a real doctor now! no one better get sick. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys have to take this thread over!!

I sincerely hope that we have some fellows here on this side of the bridge who have broad shoulders to carry the torch.

Sitting on this side of the bridge, combing through the old threads, very envy all of you what you had gone through & still had good time & sense of humor. Our group are following your footstep to succeed :thumbup:.

I just joined not long ago. But I can tell you that there are a lot of talent MCATers here and smart future doctors. MCAT is mean. There are lots of emotions here. Please help to encourage & be guiding light for these future doctors. :p

We definitely LOVE to have support from you veterans. Please drop by whenever you see fit. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

Best Wishes :D

I sincerely hope that we have some fellows here on this side of the bridge who have broad shoulders to carry the torch.

Sitting on this side of the bridge, combing through the old threads, very envy all of you what you had gone through & still had good time & sense of humor. Our group are following your footstep to succeed :thumbup:.

I just joined not long ago. But I can tell you that there are a lot of talent MCATers here and smart future doctors. MCAT is mean. There are lots of emotions here. Please help to encourage & be guiding light for these future doctors. :p

We definitely LOVE to have support from you veterans. Please drop by whenever you see fit. YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME.

Best Wishes :D

Well for the premeds: Just make sure you really want this. Is medicine where your passion truly lies? When you shadow doctors, ask them what their life is really like. What they have had to sacrifice and if they have any regrets. You have to have an honest and clear picture of what modern medicine is really like..the good and the oh so bad.

Well for the premeds: Just make sure you really want this. Is medicine where your passion truly lies? When you shadow doctors, ask them what their life is really like. What they have had to sacrifice and if they have any regrets. You have to have an honest and clear picture of what modern medicine is really like..the good and the oh so bad.

Deeply appreciate your advice :luck:

They should have a thread like this in the qna forum but since they don't.. .

Does anyone know if the blood ever smells like coffee, or say, asparagus? I was learning renal physiology the other day when it occurred to me. Maybe it's a concentration thing, so maybe the renal medulla takes on whatever odor you'd detect when it leaves? Any ideas?

They should have a thread like this in the qna forum but since they don't.. .

Does anyone know if the blood ever smells like coffee, or say, asparagus? I was learning renal physiology the other day when it occurred to me. Maybe it's a concentration thing, so maybe the renal medulla takes on whatever odor you'd detect when it leaves? Any ideas?
Don't know about if I've ever smelled coffee blood. It's not a body fluid that particularly has a strong smell. Could be a concentration thing though. Try loading yourself up with lots of coffee and then poke yourself. Afterwards you can put that under the research part of your application. :)

Saw this thread pop up today. I matched my #1 choice in Rads. Hard to believe the MCAT was ~6 years ago.

It sounds like you folks had pretty good time. DRs.

The MCAT administration was very rough yesterday. Sincerely hope that 6 years from now, these 2012 groups look back and enjoy the moments they all shared at SDN today.

Last edited: