Random non-pathology and only peripherally related to pathology thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
English, motherf*cker, do you speak it!?!

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't care how crazy clinton and McCain are. I just have two issues about obama that I couldn't even think about he is the next president.
first, his name, we killed osama (terrist) and hussein (former president of iraq). Now our new president is going to be xxx hussein Ob(s)ama?:eek:

Secondly, man, I just keep thinking about the movie"Omen" when I image obama will be the next president.:laugh: Sounds crazy, isn't it?

I think more about Hillary when I think of "Omen." You know, devil's spawn and everything.

If you really care that much about Obama's name and the fact that there is a Hussein in there then do us all a favor and stay home on election day. We already have enough people voting for or against candidates for trivial reasons.

The other thing is, apparently the % of people who think Obama is a muslim is around 20%. This story is so bizarre to me because it implies a couple of things
1) People are ignorant. He is obviously NOT a muslim. Are the people who are all over his case because of the idiotic preacher (christian preacher!) the same people who think he's a muslim?
2) Even if he was a muslim, why does it matter?
3) People would consider that fact that someone is a muslim reason enough to vote against them.

English, motherf*cker, do you speak it!?!

I will pray for you (in english)! or use another language if you prefer to. You know I can say the same thing to you too, but just by two or three different languages. But I choice not to.
May God bless you!

Members don't see this ad :)
2) Even if he was a muslim, why does it matter?

It is okay if he was a muslim, the matter is if he is a muslim just pretent not to be. As a president, you have to take your oath in GOD's name. Which to my understanding is The Lord. I don't think you can do it if you are a muslim.

Correct me if i am wrong, since my english is challenged by others.

It is okay if he was a muslim, the matter is if he is a muslim just pretent not to be. As a president, you have to take your oath in GOD's name. Which to my understanding is The Lord. I don't think you can do it if you are a muslim.

Correct me if i am wrong, since my english is challenged by others.

He's not a muslim. He has never been a muslim. His father was a muslim but was an atheist by the time his parents met. Now, the Clinton campaign and some republicans have done a marvelous job at somehow convincing people (despite not coming out and saying it directly!) that despite all of this, he is a muslim, or at least he might be. It is completely and utterly fascinating to me that in this age of the internet and instant verification and all that, misconceptions like this float around as if we are back in 1860 and word is being passed through the hills, like a game of telephone, that Abraham Lincoln had a black grandparent or something. But that's the problem, people don't really take time to verify things they hear about, they just take it as gospel truth. It's also hard because there are innumerable websites that will feed your confusion and paranoia.

The internet, for example, will tell you convincingly that vaccines cause autism, the CIA caused the 9/11 terror attacks, Kennedy was assassinated by a conspiracy between the mafia and castro, "cleansing your colon" is the secret to good health, Elvis is still alive, Paris Hilton has talent, and not only do UFOs exist but aliens walk among us daily.

He's not a muslim. He has never been a muslim. His father was a muslim but was an atheist by the time his parents met. Now, the Clinton campaign and some republicans have done a marvelous job at somehow convincing people (despite not coming out and saying it directly!) that despite all of this, he is a muslim, or at least he might be. It is completely and utterly fascinating to me that in this age of the internet and instant verification and all that, misconceptions like this float around as if we are back in 1860 and word is being passed through the hills, like a game of telephone, that Abraham Lincoln had a black grandparent or something. But that's the problem, people don't really take time to verify things they hear about, they just take it as gospel truth. It's also hard because there are innumerable websites that will feed your confusion and paranoia.

The internet, for example, will tell you convincingly that vaccines cause autism, the CIA caused the 9/11 terror attacks, Kennedy was assassinated by a conspiracy between the mafia and castro, "cleansing your colon" is the secret to good health, Elvis is still alive, Paris Hilton has talent, and not only do UFOs exist but aliens walk among us daily.

Hahahaha... You think that is fascinating????? Check this out....

http://www.local6.com/news/15773787/detail.html

The other thing is, apparently the % of people who think Obama is a muslim is around 20%

These are probably the same 20% or so people who still think that W is the best president evar...

Gads... nothing like reaping the benefits of abstinence-only sex education.

This reminds me of a kid in my 9th grade health class. Remember way back to elementary school when they taught you that stuff (matter) had "properties"... so we were talking about AIDS, and young future Nobel laureate says "Well, if you can kill AIDS with bleach, then couldn't scientists like, isolate the property of bleach that makes it kill AIDS and then give that to people who have AIDS as medicine?"

This was in a good public school district, before No Child Left Behind... :smuggrin:

Our public schools are so toast... :(

BH

Wow. A shot of Mountain Dew will stop pregnancy. Why are they keeping this information from us? The people need to be told!

These are the kind of children who grow up to become adults who will buy those books with titles like, "Natural cures they don't want you to know about" and "cleanse your colon, cleanse your life."

I like to scare people by letting them know little tidbits like how there are millions of tiny creatures that live in their eyelids and eyelashes, as well as all over their clothes and sheets, creatures with pointy claws and all that. They tend to freak and run out for more antibacterial products. Then I tell them that antibacterial products only kill like 99.9% of bacteria, which means there are still millions of them in every square inch of your countertop, and how it only takes a few hundred of certain bugs to do serious damage.

I will pray for you (in english)! or use another language if you prefer to. You know I can say the same thing to you too, but just by two or three different languages. But I choice not to.
May God bless you!

Two or three different languages? You want to have an internet pissing contest? Make your assumptions about me, but go ahead and read the initial post that you wrote-- I have no idea WTF you are trying to say. Take your gibberish somewhere else. Proofread your ****e before you post (apparently you don't need to because you know 3 languages).

Apparently the reference from a very popular movie from the mid-1990s has been lost unto all except one person. For the pop-culturally challenged.

As a president, you have to take your oath in GOD's name. Which to my understanding is The Lord. I don't think you can do it if you are a muslim.

oh. my. god. (muslim or christian, you choose.)

I believe this Country was built based on the belief of Christianity not Muslim. That why I believe The Lord is not the one for Muslim to take an oath to become the president of the nation.

I don't know why you were so mad at my previous post. I felt like I was trying to join the pond to talk about something but suddenly got attacked by a xxx dog. Now I understand after I read your name. Thank you , you further confirmed my assumption about the Movie.

May The Light Shine Upon you!

Dude, are you high? I know that I'm probably troll-baiting here, but you sound like a total jack-arse.

Members don't see this ad :)
Regardless of who is right or wrong, I never cease to be amazed at how people can treat each other like complete $hit over arbitrary minutiae.

Regardless of who is right or wrong, I never cease to be amazed at how people can treat each other like complete $hit over arbitrary minutiae.

Arbitrary minutae assume heightened importance under the guise and anonymity and interpretative freedom of the interweb. It's just you and your screen. I have always thought people take interweb forums much too personally, but what can you do. I mean, if someone calls me an ignorant brainless *****, who cares?

Arbitrary minutae assume heightened importance under the guise and anonymity and interpretative freedom of the interweb. It's just you and your screen. I have always thought people take interweb forums much too personally, but what can you do. I mean, if someone calls me an ignorant brainless *****, who cares?

it's all too common outside of the web, too. :thumbdown:

Must...resist...urge...to post in thread http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=6476774

People get so worked up about step I questions. These people in this thread will probably spend hours trying to figure out the question in this thread, and then if they do have a question on Step I about it, it will be related to "ground glass" hepatocytes and they'll be like, "crap, which one was that in again?"

I agree. Today I was called Jackxxs by somebody, tomorrow that person will be called ***** by others. We're all Jackxxs in someday, somebody's eyes because of somethings we do or did intentionally or unintentionally.

But still, I hate to see this thread to become a web version of Jerry Springer's show.

I tried to keep the thread away from politics... I changed the subject as many times as I could... but it kept drifting back! :D

I'm up 15% on my trading over the past two weeks...

BH

Oxygen said:
As a president, you have to take your oath in GOD's name. Which to my understanding is The Lord. I don't think you can do it if you are a muslim.

oh. my. god. (muslim or christian, you choose.)

Man, thank you for pointing that out...

God is not a Christian specific concept. So there is nothing stopping a non Christian from being sworn in...
Even if your concept of God includes the trinity.

By your logic we couldn't have a Jewish president... or an Atheist president (or even Agnostic)

Beer+Pets+3.JPG

Ah Friday afternoon... time to hurry up and get out of here, the rats are already one beer ahead!

Ready for the weekend...

BH

I tried to keep the thread away from politics... I changed the subject as many times as I could... but it kept drifting back! :D

I'm up 15% on my trading over the past two weeks...

BH

Are you day trading or something? I have done a little trading but it is tricky.

On a sadder note, I got a statement from my student loan company... not looking forward to paying that off any time soon.

Don't sweat those student loans...
After you get out.. go consolidate them and lock in whatever stupidly low rate the interest rate is at...
Mine are at like 4%. I'm never getting a loan that low ever. Hell I can get a higher rate of return on lots of investments.. I am paying that thing off as slowly as I can..

I just got my tax bill. That's another buzzkill. I'm so glad I'm going to get the rebate, which is basically just going to pay for my taxes anyway. What a waste. Economic stimulus my ***.

Don't sweat those student loans...
After you get out.. go consolidate them and lock in whatever stupidly low rate the interest rate is at...
Mine are at like 4%. I'm never getting a loan that low ever. Hell I can get a higher rate of return on lots of investments.. I am paying that thing off as slowly as I can..

Too bad those historically low rates are gone forever since Congress got rid of the student financial aid protection a few years ago. Starting next year, undergrads (only) will get 1/2 off the standard rate, but people in graduate schools will not. Even at super-low rates now the best we will be able to do will be like 6.5%. And that kinda sucks.

Too bad those historically low rates are gone forever since Congress got rid of the student financial aid protection a few years ago. Starting next year, undergrads (only) will get 1/2 off the standard rate, but people in graduate schools will not. Even at super-low rates now the best we will be able to do will be like 6.5%. And that kinda sucks.

Oh that sucks... I wasn't aware that they had done away with that..

Oh that sucks... I wasn't aware that they had done away with that..

yep. uncle sam has us right where he wants us . . . bent over, helpless, and young enough for a good return on interest.

Are you day trading or something? I have done a little trading but it is tricky.

No... not enough time / energy to day trade... basically playing international stocks (well, their ADRs), sort of looking for undervalued players and waiting for dips to buy. Timing the profit taking is the trickier part...

BH

Well I have nothing worthy to post. I just wanted to say that I am completely bored out of my mind. I have 5 weeks off before graduation. Sometimes I feel like I should be engaging in productive endeavors...then I come to my senses. I am however, looking forward to a cross country road trip with some classmates of mine, we are renting an RV and will be hitting some hotspots.

Well I have nothing worthy to post. I just wanted to say that I am completely bored out of my mind. I have 5 weeks off before graduation. Sometimes I feel like I should be engaging in productive endeavors...then I come to my senses. I am however, looking forward to a cross country road trip with some classmates of mine, we are renting an RV and will be hitting some hotspots.

I am growing rapidly tired of my work... progress is slow going and I'd rather just be at home, homebrewing, wiring my surround sound system, doing a million other things. Nice to have some income and health insurance though..

BH

i too am hitting the road. ladies and gentlemen, this coming thursday, myself and my two favorite adventure hounds from the good 'ol days in Oregon will be rendevouzing in america's playground. las vegas. i depart tel aviv in about 24 hours and hells bells am i excited come home! yeah, after being abroad for the last 9 months, the entire US becomes "home" . . . despite the fact that i'm coming from one desert to another

anyway, we are going to be canyoneering the great canyons of arizona and nevada, sleeping every night in the desert for 11 days as a 'bachelor party' for my best friend who's getting married. we figure it'll be a good way to go out with class . . .

enjoy your road trip path or bust . . . remember what nancy reagan used to say "always use the bathroom before you go. you never know when you might need to go . . . ":thumbup:

Nice to have some income and health insurance though..

BH

My friend, this is a good example of the defense mechanism: rationalization. j/k ;). At the moment however, I am content to be income-less and the perks of my Megalife insurance plan are greatly satisfying. :D

Edit: As I recall, in 4 years with them the only thing that was claimed was a TB shot by a clinic. They denied it.

enjoy your road trip path or bust . . . remember what nancy reagan used to say "always use the bathroom before you go. you never know when you might need to go . . . ":thumbup:

:laugh: Yeah, there have already been many a discussion over this very topic...nasty stuff. Yeah we'll be doing alot of the same things. We were also thinking about Mount Rushmore, but its all the way up in south dakota. Any other interesting stuff to do between the california/texas/nevada/arizona/ zone?

:laugh: Yeah, there have already been many a discussion over this very topic...nasty stuff. Yeah we'll be doing alot of the same things. We were also thinking about Mount Rushmore, but its all the way up in south dakota. Any other interesting stuff to do between the california/texas/nevada/arizona/ zone?

grand canyon, obviously, but zion in utah is awesome, and i highly recommend taking an attempt to eat the 96 oz steak in amarillo . . . i almost had it!! . . . and taking advantage of the beautiful and hospitable outdoors in northern AZ. other than that, soak up the southwest. there is a lot of rich culture there if you just get past the cheap turquoise trinkets and straw hats. but the best thing bout road trips . . . is that you don't even have to go to a "hot spot" per se, but just enjoy the feeling of being free and being able to laugh at 105% of the things you see and do . . .

Carlsbad Caverns in NM is cool, if you've never been. Other than that, dunno too much out that way. I hear White Sands is cool. If you made it all the way into Texas, might be some things worth checking out in the Davis Mountains or Hueco Tanks SP or something along those lines, but not sure how far you're road tripping...BH

I'm still on rotations, pity me.

I got to sit in on derm path sign out today and it was fun. But after this week I still have four weeks of optho. I feel bad for the residents, because I can't fake my enthusiasm for non-path things anymore.

I'm still on rotations, pity me.

I got to sit in on derm path sign out today and it was fun. But after this week I still have four weeks of optho. I feel bad for the residents, because I can't fake my enthusiasm for non-path things anymore.

Four more weeks? Good gosh. I live with three fourth years and they are all done.

I'm still on rotations, pity me...I feel bad for the residents, because I can't fake my enthusiasm for non-path things anymore.
Me too; I only have three days left, though (yipee!!) I keep "volunteering" to go the path dept to look at a smear or check a biopsy.

Four more weeks? Good gosh. I live with three fourth years and they are all done.

Yeah, I took two and half months off to interview, so now I'm stuck going till the middle of May. It sucks, but it isn't like anyone expects anything from me at this point. And optho is a 9-12 M-F rotation for med students here, so I'll survive.

Congrats on finishing up this week, pathgrrl. I'm very jealous! :)

Carlsbad Caverns in NM is cool, if you've never been. Other than that, dunno too much out that way. I hear White Sands is cool. If you made it all the way into Texas, might be some things worth checking out in the Davis Mountains or Hueco Tanks SP or something along those lines, but not sure how far you're road tripping...BH

Nice, I just checked out Carisbad and that sounds like a cool spot. I'll check out some of those other locations. Thanks! :)

I've recently come to the conclusion that I kill threads. I mean every other thread that I post on suddenly dies off. I'm a thread killer.