Random non-pathology and only peripherally related to pathology thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I hacked your bonkstick plans with my computer hacking skillz and built my own

You should have just admitted blue was cool, you've now unleashed a shoe crazy penguin with a bonkstick. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Pingu said:

You should have just admitted blue was cool, you've now unleashed a shoe crazy penguin with a bonkstick. :laugh:

fine...i'm two light years ahead of you anyway. i have now created the ultra-bonkstick 4000.

all your bonksticks are belong to me!

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
Immune to bonksticks? Hmmm...

Yes. CP bad. I have one more month of AP before I am stuck to it for two months. :scared:
dude why are you doing AP/CP?

yaah said:
CP isn't that bad. I just like to complain about it. I do want to acquire those skillz to make me a more varied pathologist. :)
you've been brainwashed.

deschutes said:
Yeh we just hafta keep Andy going :)
Oh I'm in the lab for at least 6 more hours...lots of incubations steps...I'm gonna posttastic damnit! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
yaah said:
I had quiznos today after I left the hospital. :)
once i finish this western blot, i'm tempted to make a run to quiznos as well. it's just out of the way for me but i have a 2 hour break around dinnertime.\

damnit you're making me think of quiznos now!

AndyMilonakis said:
once i finish this western blot, i'm tempted to make a run to quiznos as well. it's just out of the way for me but i have a 2 hour break around dinnertime.\

damnit you're making me think of quiznos now!

Yeah quiznos can do that. When I was in there today there was a cop getting a sandwich.

yaah said:
Yeah quiznos can do that. When I was in there today there was a cop getting a sandwich.
wow, sounds like a breathtaking experience.

stroke of genius...there is a quiznos on main street i believe. and i can't justify driving there from the LSI building so it shall be a nice long walk in this wonderful winter weather.

AndyMilonakis said:
wow, sounds like a breathtaking experience.

stroke of genius...there is a quiznos on main street i believe. and i can't justify driving there from the LSI building so it shall be a nice long walk in this wonderful winter weather.

There is indeed. It is cold out tonight though...be wary. Even I felt the breeze.

yaah said:
There is indeed. It is cold out tonight though...be wary. Even I felt the breeze.
blot finished...now for my one meal of the day...

choices, choices, choices.

Pingu said:

Just to clarify, Andy cannot be bonked, except by a select few tiki stick wielding individuals. You do not have a tiki stick. That is all.

yaah said:
Ah, you know what you want! Starts with a Q.
actually i had something much better. sushi baby! :thumbup: that's right, yaah's kryptonite was what i had for dinner...and it was good!

boss comes by my desk today and says, the guy who discovered the fly version of your protein is here for a faculty position interview...i'm supposed to take him out to dinner...wanna come along?

i'm like, "yeah i want some cheesy poofs!!!"

i just tried invisible mode. it's not what it's all cracked up to be. it just didn't do it for me.

bananaface said:
I can put you on my ignore list and see if that works any better for you. :smuggrin: :p
yeah, and while you're at it, you can block my AIM screenname too :p

Did you all just go to bed early last night or what?

We have this funny thing in the resident's room here - people are finding pictures and profiles on the web of people with the same name of other residents in the program and posting them. So far, the name doubles include an IT person, a "fertility goddess," a wanted sexual offender, a hockey coach, and a few others.

bananaface said:
Don't you mean Dr. 271? :smuggrin:

He is totally jealous of my mad patient contact skillz. I'm so seriously.

(Woah. That has a double meaning.)
I don't like your tone, fetus :smuggrin:

How am I getting rid of a sticky? Do you mean combining info websites into the FAQ? I have thought of that but I like it better this way. I need to add more info websites though since I have a few more...keep forgetting to keep track of them though.

BTW, can I just say pathology ROCKS! I am starting by busy surg path month and just did a couple of hours of previewing the cases for tomorrow's signout. Pelvic leiomyosarcoma, medullary thyroid CA, sarcoidosis, and some incredibly bizarre medical lung case which I have no idea even where to begin.

yaah said:
How am I getting rid of a sticky? Do you mean combining info websites into the FAQ? I have thought of that but I like it better this way. I need to add more info websites though since I have a few more...keep forgetting to keep track of them though.

BTW, can I just say pathology ROCKS! I am starting by busy surg path month and just did a couple of hours of previewing the cases for tomorrow's signout. Pelvic leiomyosarcoma, medullary thyroid CA, sarcoidosis, and some incredibly bizarre medical lung case which I have no idea even where to begin.

sounds like you're having a great time yaah :thumbup:

which room are you in? did you tell me before that you would be in the frozen room this month? (i ask because i need to return that CD to you).

AndyMilonakis said:
sounds like you're having a great time yaah :thumbup:

which room are you in? did you tell me before that you would be in the frozen room this month? (i ask because i need to return that CD to you).

I am in room I (The frozen room). Generally will be there between 9am and 1pm, and then probably most of the afternoon too.

Yeah it will be a good time but will be very busy. I previewed these cases today and now I want to spend all this time reading about them all and figuring things out.

yaah said:
I am in room I (The frozen room). Generally will be there between 9am and 1pm, and then probably most of the afternoon too.

Yeah it will be a good time but will be very busy. I previewed these cases today and now I want to spend all this time reading about them all and figuring things out.
...and instead yaah is on SDN. That's true commitment! :laugh:

hey man, go watch 24!

AndyMilonakis said:
...and instead yaah is on SDN. That's true commitment! :laugh:

hey man, go watch 24!

I'm taking a break. I love path but I spent from 7:30 am to 7:30 pm doing nothing but path today except for a brief lunch break with a few emails. So I am watching 24 and visiting here. I can multitask!

ok the whole subplot with driscoll's daughter. is this the stupidest and lamest subplot in all the 4 seasons of 24 or what?

AndyMilonakis said:
ok the whole subplot with driscoll's daughter. is this the stupidest and lamest subplot in all the 4 seasons of 24 or what?

Not quite the stupidest. It hasn't taken up enough time to be the stupidest. Kim Bauer getting lost in the woods was the stupidest. And Kim bauer and the abusive parents was #2. Basically, I keep expecting them to reintroduce Kim Bauer as this new girl's private therapist and make this the stupidest side plot ever.

yaah said:
Not quite the stupidest. It hasn't taken up enough time to be the stupidest. Kim Bauer getting lost in the woods was the stupidest. And Kim bauer and the abusive parents was #2. Basically, I keep expecting them to reintroduce Kim Bauer as this new girl's private therapist and make this the stupidest side plot ever.
I miss Kim. They should bring her back.

edit: well i guess that stupid subplot just came to a bloody end...

AndyMilonakis said:
I miss Kim. They should bring her back.

edit: well i guess that stupid subplot just came to a bloody end...

Yeah I know :laugh: I think it was a subplot that was aimed at making someone else the interim CTU director (Michelle or Tony?)

Damn, 10pm!