Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You'll never find me :ninja:

honestly, I need to go through my friends list too because I keep getting requests from people I don't know at all who are only requesting me via mutual friend linkage to people from high school who I barely/don't really know or care about and I just can't deal with that right now

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
You'll never find me :ninja:

honestly, I need to go through my friends list too because I keep getting requests from people I don't know at all who are only requesting me via mutual friend linkage to people from high school who I barely/don't really know or care about and I just can't deal with that right now
I don't know you enough to try haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I rarely post anything on FB. All the dirt people have on me is from real life :p

Reactions: 2 users
I rarely post anything on FB. All the dirt people have on me is from real life :p
Same. I mainly browse these days.
Nah there were waves of it before that
It seems to be slowing a bit (comparatively :p), but holycrap that thread grew from ~80 pages whenever I last viewed/posted to over 200 within a few weeks :eek: incredible and scary
mostly because i havent talked to you ever (though that doesnt always stop me...)
True--I don't think I saw much of you either until I followed the noob circus game as a mentor :p (and now holy crap you have like twice as many posts as me)

It seems to be slowing a bit (comparatively :p), but holycrap that thread grew from ~80 pages whenever I last viewed/posted to over 200 within a few weeks :eek: incredible and scary
Probably because school has started back up again :laugh: But yeah we're getting up to 300...

Reactions: 4 users
True--I don't think I saw much of you either until I followed the noob circus game as a mentor :p (and now holy crap you have like twice as many posts as me)
drunk thread, man. ive post a lot in there since bear and I got kicked out of the noob thread. It's become the "lets talk about everything and anything" thread. Before the noob game i mostly lurked.

Reactions: 3 users
drunk thread, man. ive post a lot in there since bear and I got kicked out of the noob thread. It's become the "lets talk about everything and anything" thread. Before the noob game i mostly lurked.
WW is a gateway drug

Reactions: 7 users
WW is a gateway drug
tumblr_o5haifSX4w1qzpn6vo2_r1_540.gif

Huh. Speaking of random, I am at the lab and just tried to go outside for a minute, but the doors are frozen shut. Good thing I still have a good number of hours left of doing things. Might have to do a full body throw to get out at some point.
Good news, everyone! A solid kick did the trick. Nice to know my thighs haven't atrophied completely with school/lab work.
giphy.gif

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I had a Russian lady with a thick accent for Orgo 2 and I can't remember who I had for Orgo 1. I think it was the little Filipino lady who I also had for gen Chem 1?
I had a Canadian who reminded me of Gilbert Blythe, aka Jonathan Crombie.

I've slept at the lab before and had thoughts of just staying, but I wanted a beer. haha
On a chair? Or the floor?

If there's a vending machine somewhere in the building it can't be such a terrible experience, I guess.

On a chair? Or the floor?

If there's a vending machine somewhere in the building it can't be such a terrible experience, I guess.
yeah, I just put computer chairs together. And there is vending, so chips have been a meal a couple time too.

Reactions: 1 user

I was getting concerned that the alcoholism level was skyrocketing during Christmas.....

Reactions: 5 users

(AND I. YALL SEEM TO ALWAYS CONVENIENTLY LEAVE OUT ME)

My ochem professor was short, maybe 5'7", spent way too much time at the gym, and wore tshirts that were a size or two too small. It was rough.

Napoleon complex is real

I did that FB friend cleanout I said I would and took my list down from ~250 to 180. I'd also unfriend a few more distant older relatives, but it seemed a little rude (and I also know my mom would gripe if she ever noticed, she's so into facebook it's ridic)...I understand why so many people leave or make their account more private/selective :laugh:

ETA: Also, while cleaning/digging around the chicken coop today I found some giant grubs (like this). woooooaaaahh

image.jpeg

The orange got washed out by the red color, but overall I like it

Reactions: 17 users
How do your schools handle religious conflicts when it comes to exams/rotations?

We currently have exams scheduled the Friday/Monday surrounding Easter, which is an issue for some. Others have also asked for preferential scheduling in order to be granted an off block for Christmas during 4th year for religious reasons and have even offered to get 'excuse notes' from their religious leaders (the context was someone being "more religious" than others....I digress). Jewish/Muslim holidays aren't even on most people's radar, either, as I have classmates that have mentioned having exams around those holidays.

I personally am not religious, but I fully support the right of others to practice as long as it doesn't affect me or my studies negatively. In other words, have any of your schools come up with ways to handle this without putting the wants of some groups over others? I think it will end up that no changes to our schedule will be made, but I'm curious to hear your guys' thoughts. I could pass the suggestions to my class rep.

At my school you just dealt with it. Our schedule was set by administration and that was that for the most part. Test dates would rarely get changed when things like that came up that perhaps weren't considered when the schedule was made, but we generally had to unanimously approve changes as a class. I feel like there is almost no way to make literally every person happy with the wide variety of beliefs/customs/traditions people have. For clinics we were allowed to request our vacation block, and if it meant that much to you to guarantee Christmas at home, you took vacation that rotation or scheduled an externship at home. Half of the students at the hospital worked the week of Chirstmas and half worked the week of New Years so there was a chance you could get time off at Christmas without taking vacation but it was randomly assigned and there was no trading.

Last edited:
We either have to work the week of Christmas or the week of New Years on clinics. Can't use your one and only vacation block since that is a 2 week block and christmas/new years are each 1 week blocks. Nearly everyone requests Christmas off and obviously only 50% of us end up with that. I wouldn't see it going over well if people tried to use being "more religious" as a reason why they should get Christmas off over others... As far as exams go, I believe we needed 100% class vote to change a test date so once they are set, they are pretty much set.

How do your schools handle religious conflicts when it comes to exams/rotations?

We currently have exams scheduled the Friday/Monday surrounding Easter, which is an issue for some. Others have also asked for preferential scheduling in order to be granted an off block for Christmas during 4th year for religious reasons and have even offered to get 'excuse notes' from their religious leaders (the context was someone being "more religious" than others....I digress). Jewish/Muslim holidays aren't even on most people's radar, either, as I have classmates that have mentioned having exams around those holidays.

I personally am not religious, but I fully support the right of others to practice as long as it doesn't affect me or my studies negatively. In other words, have any of your schools come up with ways to handle this without putting the wants of some groups over others? I think it will end up that no changes to our schedule will be made, but I'm curious to hear your guys' thoughts. I could pass the suggestions to my class rep.

Fantastic. Another thing to throw at ASA. Lol.

Fantastic. Another thing to throw at ASA. Lol.
lololol. There's a scheduled dean/rep meeting this week either way (at least with our rep).

I don't think it will end well, since those people who could potentially ask for accommodations (aka taking exams early) are now complaining that this would be "punishment for being religious" since the rest of the class wants to take them as scheduled and get that weekend between. Well, if you got the exams later than the rest of the class, you'd get more study time and therefore the non-religious students would be "punished." There's no way to win unless we somehow convinced the dean to allow the exams an entire week earlier or later for everyone. I just don't see why people are upset that they could potentially get these accommodations. That doesn't always happen like you guys said.

Although I'm still annoyed that none of these individuals had an issue forcing the entire class to take exams early for their convenience and therefore lose the weekend for studying between the two, but are calling it unfair when the group that wants accommodation is the only group who would get it. Super ironic, given the history of some religions, lol. I also shouldn't be forced to do anything other than what's scheduled just so you don't have to worry about the rest of the class doing better on one exam, which is exactly the concern. Meh. I certainly won't vote to force everyone to take the exams early.

But yeah...someone insisting that religious people deserve to get preference for off blocks during Christmas was absurd to me. That's family time for pretty much everyone. Go to mass locally like I used to do. I get that we shouldn't completely lose our personal lives during school, but that doesn't mean there won't be inconveniences and sacrifices along the way. Your god likely won't smite you for missing a holiday or two during school, and that's not even considering what happens when you get out into the real world.

Off topic but I was worried about missing my products lab while going to NYC for a info session about Dublin but my professor got back to me and said I'll only be missing a lab about making butter. Y'all I'm dying

Off topic but I was worried about missing my products lab while going to NYC for a info session about Dublin but my professor got back to me and said I'll only be missing a lab about making butter. Y'all I'm dying
I mean I would be sad about this. One of my favorite things to do is make butter at home :laugh:

Reactions: 4 users
I mean I would be sad about this. One of my favorite things to do is make butter at home :laugh:

I just wasn't expecting that. It sounds like a cool lab and I hate missing class but I just started cracking up when I read that

I'm officially washing the last load of dirty laundry in my place. It's been awhile since that's happened. I'm looking at having all my little mundane domestic chores done by later tonight. Plus, I'm a state employee so I get tomorrow off and I'm a full time non-exempt finally so I actually get holiday pay. YAY!

Reactions: 6 users
Lol annnnnd someone feels attacked for their faith when someone suggested (and very eloquently, I might add) that those who require accommodation seek it without forcing the entire class to do what works for those who need the change. Completely irrational jump

Has your roomie been using your homemade butter when making some of my treats and that's why they taste so good?!

Lol annnnnd someone feels attacked for their faith when someone suggested (and very eloquently, I might add) that those who require accommodation seek it without forcing the entire class to do what works for those who need the change. Completely irrational jump

If your class infects mine with this, I will be cross. lol. We are getting along better right now and I don't want that to end.

Your class sounds special.

Has your roomie been using your homemade butter when making some of my treats and that's why they taste so good?!

If your class infects mine with this, I will be cross. lol. We are getting along better right now and I don't want that to end.
No, because you just made me realize I haven't made butter in a very, very long time.

It was a pretty civil conversation until the "attacking" word was dropped. I told everyone to just shut up because that was a bad situation that was only going to get worse. I'm still trying to wrap my head around someone feeling punished for being given the accommodation they asked for, though. It doesn't make sense to expect everyone to cater to your whims or completely adjust their entire quarter for you.
Your class sounds special.
The funny thing is that it's usually never our class that has issues/weirdness like this, we all get along fairly well. This may just be the first time in a while that Easter has fallen between exams and a handful (literally, just a handful) of people want the school and our class to bend over backwards to accommodate them while making sure there isn't a chance their grades could suffer on this one exam. It's also only second years that have two-day midterms, first years would be unaffected by this. @batsenecal 's class has earned the 'special' reputation anyways....:p

I mean, if I celebrated satanic holidays, would they be willing to do the same thing they're asking me to do?

Ask them! :heckyeah:
I actually was super tempted to be the devil's advocate (heh) and do it just to prove how absurd this all is. So many things I want to say, but decided not to...