Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Something like this happened for my class too. Couple weeks ago the school asked for volunteers for a focus group. They only got like 2 or 3 so today they sent an email with the subject line "Would you like $50?!?!" In 8 hours 12/16 spots are filled.
Hahahahaha it’s great. A true testament to the desperation of students

Members don't see this ad.

Any Texas peeps that just came through ZEW and saw my raggedy self, good to meetcha!!! haha
h35060.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel comfortable asking this because this forum is mostly women.

Tell me all your sports bra secrets. I have a Panache Sports Bra that usually keeps me “in line,” but I’ve been running 3x a week recently (I’m doing a half marathon. Why? Good question.) and I get cramps right around my diaphragm about 10 minutes into every run. Tbf, I am very well endowed so that’s not helping. Maybe I need to put a second bra over it? HALP.

Reactions: 1 user
I feel comfortable asking this because this forum is mostly women.

Tell me all your sports bra secrets. I have a Panache Sports Bra that usually keeps me “in line,” but I’ve been running 3x a week recently (I’m doing a half marathon. Why? Good question.) and I get cramps right around my diaphragm about 10 minutes into every run. Tbf, I am very well endowed so that’s not helping. Maybe I need to put a second bra over it? HALP.

Yeah I have to get actual cup sized ones from higher end brands like Chantelle or panache or something. It sucks. And then I still wear another like generic t-back pull over one over the good one just to hold it all in even more.
I actually found some really good sports bras at a dicks or something last year that aren’t cup-sizes. They’re brooks brand. My tag says “s17 style: 350037” and they hook in the back and the straps are adjustable too and they’re the only sports bras from a sporting goods store that actually work as well as a cup-sized one. I still wear a second over them too.
I feel your pain. It’s part of the reason I am NOT a runner. It’s such a PITA. And I am always running into the issue with the generic s/m/l sizes that I need a super large size to fit everything, but my rib cage is really small so then the large sizes are so freaking big around my back that they don’t do anything.

How do I keep my scrubs from chaffing my nips?

Members don't see this ad :)
ANGRY AT OP THE NFL? WANT TO JOIN THE MOB? WE'VE GOT YOU COVERED!

COME ON DOWN TO /r/pitchforkemporium !

WE GOT 'EM ALL!

Traditional ---E
Left Handed Ǝ---
Fancy ---{

WE EVEN HAVE DISCOUNTED CLEARANCE FORKS!

33% off! ---F
66% off! ---L
Manufacturer's Defect! ---e

NEW IN STOCK. DIRECTLY FROM LIECHTENSTEIN. EUROPEAN MODELS!

The Euro ---€
The Pound ---£
The Lira ---₤

HAPPY LYNCHING!

(* some assembly required)

Reactions: 6 users
I'm in a class that's centered around developing solutions in problems in the veterinary profession. We sent out an owner survey on facebook/ instagram/ twitter/ reddit, hoping to get a couple people to answer us and let us know some problems owners face in the profession (aka why is owner compliance bad). We sent this out 4 hours ago, we have gotten FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY RESPONSES in FOUR HOURS. I'm honestly blown away.

Reactions: 10 users
I'm in a class that's centered around developing solutions in problems in the veterinary profession. We sent out an owner survey on facebook/ instagram/ twitter/ reddit, hoping to get a couple people to answer us and let us know some problems owners face in the profession (aka why is owner compliance bad). We sent this out 4 hours ago, we have gotten FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY RESPONSES in FOUR HOURS. I'm honestly blown away.

I’m really curious about what they say.
How much of it is BS vs legit

I’m really curious about what they say.
How much of it is BS vs legit
Honestly a lot of it is legitimate responses. There's some BS in it (ex: What people are involved in the care of the pet? Jesus), but it's really easy to sort out the BS.

lots of comments about cost

lots

Honestly a lot of it is legitimate responses. There's some BS in it (ex: What people are involved in the care of the pet? Jesus), but it's really easy to sort out the BS.

lots of comments about cost

lots

Yeah that’s what I was curious about too. How much of it was “I can’t follow the treatments because you all are bleeding me dry” type comments

Yeah that’s what I was curious about too. How much of it was “I can’t follow the treatments because you all are bleeding me dry” type comments
Not too much of those, more of "I can't take my pet to the vet when they're sick because I just can't afford it"

Apparently once they're in, they're in.

Not too much of those, more of "I can't take my pet to the vet when they're sick because I just can't afford it"

That’s super interesting

Boy that really grinds my gears. My first tech job was at a low cost clinic. You wouldn’t believe how many calls I got saying that dreaded line: “I’m on a fixed income.” Yea as opposed to everyone else on a variable income... Anyway, we charged less than anyone else in the area and an IDEXX senior profile was still $140, rabies was $30, and most other vax were $25. Exams were $40. People still complained and asked if we could give them a discount. The fact that we’re seeing you at our office IS the discount! Then they’d yell at us when they saw the invoice and say they’ll go somewhere cheaper next time. Sure, good look getting VETCO to treat your sick pet.

Sorry, can you tell I’m jaded?

How do I keep my scrubs from chaffing my nips?
Grey’s Anatomy by BARCO. Those are the best scrubs money can buy, at least as a guy. My sisters both use them too and think they’re the best. They can be much more expensive than Cherokee scrubs, but I think it’s definitely worth it. They’re like pajamas, and I often don’t change out of them after work because of how comfortable they are (don’t worry, no pets at home currently so no contamination).

Cherokee does have a higher end line called luxe, but they sort of feel like silk pajamas. My boss got a luxe scrub top and both of us commented that they seemed oddly... sensual? Still comfortable though. Also try wearing an undershirt.

Reactions: 1 users
Boy that really grinds my gears. My first tech job was at a low cost clinic. You wouldn’t believe how many calls I got saying that dreaded line: “I’m on a fixed income.” Yea as opposed to everyone else on a variable income... Anyway, we charged less than anyone else in the area and an IDEXX senior profile was still $140, rabies was $30, and most other vax were $25. Exams were $40. People still complained and asked if we could give them a discount. The fact that we’re seeing you at our office IS the discount! Then they’d yell at us when they saw the invoice and say they’ll go somewhere cheaper next time. Sure, good look getting VETCO to treat your sick pet.

Yeaaah, I think we can all relate to this and share stories of this. It's definitely a problem, but it's not something that can really be fixed in the foreseeable future

Yeaaah, I think we can all relate to this and share stories of this. It's definitely a problem, but it's not something that can really be fixed in the foreseeable future
I think as long as we have to charge for care (so... forever) we’ll have to deal with people thinking it’s too expensive. There was a good article from 2010 I believe that showed the difference in price between a human surgery and the same surgery for a dog. The dog’s was 10x less expensive. People still found a way to make it sound like the owner was overcharged.

Idk, I worked in a really high cost of living area, and those vaccine prices and blood work panel are the same we charged. I can see why people would be shocked at the prices if they thought they were going to a low cost clinic, which usually means almost at-cost for some things:shrug:

Also, "fixed income" is usually how people refer to their situation if they're on social security, disability, etc... so not exactly a comfortable living wage typically.

Reactions: 4 users
Idk, I worked in a really high cost of living area, and those vaccine prices and blood work panel are the same we charged. I can see why people would be shocked at the prices if they thought they were going to a low cost clinic, which usually means almost at-cost for some things:shrug:

Also, "fixed income" is usually how people refer to their situation if they're on social security, disability, etc... so not exactly a comfortable living wage typically.
Yeah same.... we had pretty similar costs at my clinic and every clinic in the surrounding area was pretty comparable.

And not something they can change by working more.

Grey’s Anatomy by BARCO. Those are the best scrubs money can buy, at least as a guy. My sisters both use them too and think they’re the best. They can be much more expensive than Cherokee scrubs, but I think it’s definitely worth it. They’re like pajamas, and I often don’t change out of them after work because of how comfortable they are (don’t worry, no pets at home currently so no contamination).

Cherokee does have a higher end line called luxe, but they sort of feel like silk pajamas. My boss got a luxe scrub top and both of us commented that they seemed oddly... sensual? Still comfortable though. Also try wearing an undershirt.
I'm a girl, and jokingly regret starting to wear greys anatomy scrubs because I used to wear the cheapest scrubs and never had any complaints, then bought some greys ones and will never ever go back. Thank goodness I only really wear scrub tops for surgery because I'd bleed myself dry buying that **** lol.

They're so soft. And I have a waist in them! Ugh they're the best.

My nicer white coats are greys too.

Reactions: 5 users

This was in New Jersey in a metropolitan area. The cost of living, rent, and upkeep is much more expensive than many other places in the US. We’re of course not low cost compared to the rest of the country, but compared to every other place in a 20 mile radius we were. I know that because my manager had me call those places pretending to be a pet owner looking for services and ask for pricing... I know. Sleazy.

Our cost for things like surgery was very very low as well. We’d charge around $150 for a cat spay, all in. We made sure to be fairly comparable to low-cost slay and neuter clinics in the area except we couldn’t go quite as low due to not being government or donation subsidized. We even did a mastectomy (I think quadruple or something) for $400.

I know that the fixed income line refers to having a low income and being on government benefits, but it got tiring after a while since half of the people calling were on a “fixed income” and the term itself doesn’t actually make sense. The majority of people don’t just have extra money coming in randomly during the year. Maybe something like “state income” or “subsidized income” would make more sense. It’s just a pet peeve that everyone who has worked at lower cost clinics has developed.

Yeah same.... we had pretty similar costs at my clinic and every clinic in the surrounding area was pretty comparable.

And not something they can change by working more.
The issue is that true low-cost clinics are either government subsidized or have been around for so long that they don’t have a lot of upkeep costs. We were probably 20-25% less expensive than the other places in the area even though we were a brand new clinic saddled with over a million dollars of startup debt. We had state of the art equipment like a vetray x ray machine, dental x rays, brand new dental machine, in-house lab equipment, and surgical laser. All of the services we offered were extremely inexpensive all things considered, and we really couldn’t have gone any cheaper and still have been successful. There really wasn’t anywhere people could go to get true next-to-nothing care, and we were the closest thing. If there were a cheaper option then I would understand, but we truly were the cheapest option for many many miles. At least when it comes to sick visits and non-elective surgeries.

I'm a girl, and jokingly regret starting to wear greys anatomy scrubs because I used to wear the cheapest scrubs and never had any complaints, then bought some greys ones and will never ever go back. Thank goodness I only really wear scrub tops for surgery because I'd bleed myself dry buying that **** lol.

They're so soft. And I have a waist in them! Ugh they're the best.

My nicer white coats are greys too.
My only problem with greys scrubs is how well they hold onto fur. Soooo baaaad. But yeah, I’m in love with greys scrubs. When I got my first job working in a clinic, my mom got really excited and she took me to a scrubs store and bought me like 5 full pair matching sets of scrubs, so I have 4 pairs of greys scrubs that are, divine.

My only problem with greys scrubs is how well they hold onto fur. Soooo baaaad. But yeah, I’m in love with greys scrubs. When I got my first job working in a clinic, my mom got really excited and she took me to a scrubs store and bought me like 5 full pair matching sets of scrubs, so I have 4 pairs of greys scrubs that are, divine.
Women are lucky when it comes to scrub stores. It’s like going into a warehouse with hundreds of options. When I got my first job as a tech, I went to a store that had tons of scrubs. I asked where the men’s section was and was pointed to one shelf with two colors and different sizes of the unisex Cherokee scrubs. I got those and suffered, but my Grey’s I had to order from amazon. Definitely worth it though.