Random Stuffs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's a gray one now! 9/10 but pretty sure the one I got wrong didn't even have a word in the box :unsure:

Edit: oooh white too. 10/10
9/10 grey and 10/10 white too! Deeeeef saw nothing in that last box.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
There's a gray one now! 9/10 but pretty sure the one I got wrong didn't even have a word in the box :unsure:

Edit: oooh white too. 10/10

10/10 on both, I've really got to stop taking these on my phone. I can see on the hard ones there's a word present but hard to make out letters on the screen that has letters burnt into it... :laugh:

I found out yesterday that my school takes money from a racist and homophobic cult leader, because they advertise her as a benefactor on the walls. I think it's one thing to take money from someone like that, but to actually put her face on the wall so everyone knows you're associated...?

this seems like a pretty effin big deal!

Reactions: 1 user
That's my feeling!
The school is hosting a diversity and inclusion summit next month and I'm like but how can you say you're for this yet graciously accept money from this woman.

If the actions/philosophy of the donor are confirmed, I feel like your administration should be asked directly about that issue. It would definitely make me feel uncomfortable! And ragey.

Texas Tech to only take in state students for their first class!!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Apparently I'm allergic to cara cara oranges. So that was fun.... When I was going through the battery of tests for my dysphagia the gastroenterologist said that with my presentation I should have food allergies and what were they. I told him that as far as I knew I didn't have any. Guess I just hadn't found it yet!

Reasons I dont school at home. My mom has now received the 8000th picture of my dog and its only day 2
Obligatory pet pic(sorry if its huge):
20191206_104138~2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok vets, vet students, vet techs, and pet enthusiasts...

I'm in the market for a really good pair of clippers. Specifically, ones that are great for matted cat hair. And are durable. Don't mind paying $$ for something that will last.

Andis used to be my preferred brand back when I worked with horses, but while those were great for body clipping horses, I'm not sure if they are as good for small animal.

Thoughts on brands/models that you've used at work or at home that you like?

(Edit: I know the better answer is "a brush". Believe me when I say I have tried.)

Last edited:

I'm in the market for a really good pair of clippers. Specifically, ones that are great for matted cat hair. And are durable. Don't mind paying $$ for something that will last.

Andis used to be my preferred brand back when I worked with horses, but while those were great for body clipping horses, I'm not sure if they are as good for small animal.

(Edit: I know the better answer is "a brush". Believe me when I say I have tried.)

I use Wahl brand mini arco clippers and it works well on corgi fur. They're powerful enough to make it quick to get matts and funk out, but i've never had them hurt their skin even when I clip their feet fur. Maybe that would work for you? They have a bigger size if you are doing more than just a sanitary clip. I got mine from chewy, had them for 5 years now. I've used them with rabbits before also.

They only break if you drop them on tile lol.

• Love

I liked the Andis ProClip best at my internship. I personally think for clippers that price range/quality is more important than brand. Like I bought a cheap (~$20-30) Andis EasyClip off Chewy to use on my parents Cavalier and it is functional (dad uses it for his own haircuts actually lol) but it is way worse than the (~$175 two speed ProClip). I also bought cheapo Wahl clipper once and, again, functional but not nearly as nice as the Wahls we used in clinics that were more expensive. I like cheap stuff as much as anyone but I think clippers are worth springing for the nicer more expensive versions. Once you cross the threshold into the more expensive clippers, I think brand is less important.

Last edited:
  • Love
Does anyone know?

I smile when I click on this video.

What Breed of Dog is this?

Hard to tell based on that clip honestly, because it looks big for an IG which made me want to lean toward whippet but the movement of the front legs makes me think IG. So I checked for other clips and his other dog very much looks like an IG. Plus the one in the clip is apparently 15" tall which would be small for a whippet but just on the upper end of IGs. So Italian Greyhound is my final answer and can you tell I have too much time on my hands now someone please give me something to do?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Any other horse people out there find movies and TV with riding scenes amusing sometimes?

I just watched an Outlander episode where some british soldiers "chased" some Scottish soldiers on horseback, except they were all doing a very slow collected canter. Like... the type of canter my fat lazy pony tries to pull off as forward movement, but is actually almost backwards.

...Contrast that with Shadowfax in Return of the King, who was freaking booking it across an open field in the scene we watched last night. Never seen an andalusian move that fast in my life

Any favorite unexpected horse moments in movies/television?

@SportPonies @SkiOtter @awesomenessity @Squeaksmom @Filly Bay @BigCats ... probably missing some horse people, my apologies

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Any other horse people out there find movies and TV with riding scenes amusing sometimes?

I just watched an Outlander episode where some british soldiers "chased" some Scottish soldiers on horseback, except they were all doing a very slow collected canter. Like... the type of canter my fat lazy pony tries to pull off as forward movement, but is actually almost backwards.

...Contrast that with Shadowfax in Return of the King, who was freaking booking it across an open field in the scene we watched last night. Never seen an andalusian move that fast in my life

@SportPonies @SkiOtter @awesomenessity @Squeaksmom @Filly Bay @BigCats ... probably missing some horse people, my apologies
YES. AND WHEN THEY HOLD THE REINS WRONG. OMG.

• Haha

I was actually just thinking about this the other day because there were some scenes in Mad Men where they ride horses and they were complaining about how one horse was acting up in the crossties and the horse was just chilling, standing stock still and ears super attentively focused on the actors lol

Although I did appreciate when Betty talked **** to another guy in the stables for letting his horse mope around and eat grass while he was riding it

Contrast that with Shadowfax in Return of the King, who was freaking booking it across an open field in the scene we watched last night. Never seen an andalusian move that fast in my life
Not a horse people but I do love Shadowfax :love:

Reactions: 2 users
My hubby was bingeing the Lost in Space series on Netflix on the weekend and I walked in when they were riding out into the badlands on the alien planet to look for the robot. I stopped dead and was like "They're... they're riding *English*??" :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
My hubby was bingeing the Lost in Space series on Netflix on the weekend and I walked in when they were riding out into the badlands on the alien planet to look for the robot. I stopped dead and was like "They're... they're riding *English*??" :laugh:

Maybe it's Mars style.

Lol I've been watching a Youtuber play Planet Zoo lately, and his end card to show his subscribers is this knight riding what is CLEARLY a show jumping horse and it cracks me up every time :laugh: I'm sure the youtuber thinks it looks real cool and badass hahaha

Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 7.50.55 AM.png

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
My husband yelled at me during Game of Thrones for calling out when they clearly used the same few horses for different scenes for totally different locations/people. Like HUH, lots of dark dapple greys around the seven kingdoms apparently. And oh look, that super dark bay with the tiny star teleported across the world in a few minutes!

• Haha

Hi, not a horse person, but I am also watching LotR and love the Shadowfax scenes :D

• Love
My husband yelled at me during Game of Thrones for calling out when they clearly used the same few horses for different scenes for totally different locations/people. Like HUH, lots of dark dapple greys around the seven kingdoms apparently. And oh look, that super dark bay with the tiny star teleported across the world in a few minutes!
Was that Randyll Tarly's horse?? :love: I know you're not supposed to root for the Tarly family, but every time they came on I was like "dayumnn they got assigned the nice horses, don't kill them!"

Jaime also had a really cute light gray in some scenes iirc. A+ forelock flop, seemed like a chill little dude