Rank vs Cost for Med School?

Started by Sdafkv
Tags Tags
advice
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sdafkv

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've gotten admission into a local medical university (Madras Medical College) and into The University of Cambridge. Only issue is, MMC Costs upwards of 50,000 Pounds whereas Cambridge would be about 500,000 Pounds. I hope to be able to proceed to USA for my residency, and as such, where do you think I should opt to go? Is the prestige truly that amazing, especially since I'm a fmg? In terms of comfort, studying in my local college does mean that I would be next to family and friends whereas UK is in a completely different continent but if it's worth the cost and the hurdles, I'll be glad to make the trip to Cambridge. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
 
If you do go to Cambridge, would you be open to practicing in the UK? You could also do locums in NZ, Australia, South Africa, and the Saudi nations (SA, Qatar, Oman)

Edit: personally, I would still pick Madras.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've gotten admission into a local medical university (Madras Medical College) and into The University of Cambridge. Only issue is, MMC Costs upwards of 50,000 Pounds whereas Cambridge would be about 500,000 Pounds. I hope to be able to proceed to USA for my residency, and as such, where do you think I should opt to go? Is the prestige truly that amazing, especially since I'm a fmg? In terms of comfort, studying in my local college does mean that I would be next to family and friends whereas UK is in a completely different continent but if it's worth the cost and the hurdles, I'll be glad to make the trip to Cambridge. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!
Over $600,000 USD for a medical degree?! That's not prestige, that's just a club for rich families.
 
I've gotten admission into a local medical university (Madras Medical College) and into The University of Cambridge. Only issue is, MMC Costs upwards of 50,000 Pounds whereas Cambridge would be about 500,000 Pounds. I hope to be able to proceed to USA for my residency, and as such, where do you think I should opt to go? Is the prestige truly that amazing, especially since I'm a fmg? In terms of comfort, studying in my local college does mean that I would be next to family and friends whereas UK is in a completely different continent but if it's worth the cost and the hurdles, I'll be glad to make the trip to Cambridge. Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

$500-600k for a medical degree??
Is this real life