Rant: Cranial OMM is easily the biggest waste of time. This is complete quackery.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me I agree with you and would vote in support but I just don’t see it happening in this political climate. We have a make believe “shortage” there is no way LCME would take that bad PR of shutting down med schools. There is equally no way a lot of the subpar schools could improve their standards enough to meet LCME requirement; mainly the research infrastructure and funding requirements.

I think it is time to completely unify physicians but I just don’t see it happening any time soon

Thoughts on making all physicians MD by default after completing residency? Since residency is all ACGME?

I know the titles are given by med schools but if the residencies all ACGME regulated, the differences essentially disappear, making DO and MBBS degrees redundant. That's why i see a lot of IMG/FMG attendings going by MD without issue, so DOs should be able to do the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Thoughts on making all physicians MD by default after completing residency? Since residency is all ACGME?

I know the titles are given by med schools but if the residencies all ACGME regulated, the differences essentially disappear, making DO and MBBS degrees redundant. That's why i see a lot of IMG/FMG attendings going by MD without issue, so DOs should be able to do the same.

As you mentioned, the schools give the degrees not residencies. You can always say ACGME trained lolol. That held more stock when there was still AOA.

The reason MBBS and others can use MD is because theirs is not recognized. Ours is recognized so we can’t use it

I think certain aspects of OMM (not cranial) especially in more hands-on specialties are great for those who plan to utilize it. At the very least, the passive aspects of OMM are just trying to comfort the patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.