RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok. I love my friend and I like her dog, but I hate watching her dog. My friend has Usher's Syndrome so she has very limited tunnel vision so training her dog is hard for her, so the little stinker poops in the house everyday!!! Grr!!!! (On the up side my dog is a really good influence on her so after a few days she seems to straighten out a bit. ....just in time to go back home lol)

Members don't see this ad.

Emiloo!! how's your dog doing?

I am at work right now so the SO had to go get her around 3. He said she is fine, just groggy. The vet is insanely amazing and kept the cost lower than I could ever even have dreamed for! It was cancerous though, so here's to hoping it doesn't start popping up everywhere. :( Her alkphos was high too so we have to keep an eye on her liver (further complicated by her need for joint pain medicine lol). She has been my rock for 7 years and I literally would not be alive today without her. Thanks for asking about her. :) I can't wait to go home and give her a big huge hug!! :love:
That's her goofy self in my avatar :D

I have things to rant and rave about, and in the end it's probably more important that I have things to rave about that could have been rants. Like I passed histo, haven't had a drop of soda since Saturday and my dog's eyes are so much better after seeing an awesome vet last week.

But I also feel really bleh right now. I'm tired because I'm used to at least a bottle of soda every day. I ate a crapload of pizza at the lunch lecture today. I can't find a summer job and will have to ask the SA clinic to take me back (which they probably will and I love them but it isn't remotely interesting to me and it's always full of drama). It's snowing and we're expected to get a couple of inches just like it was looking like spring can finally come. I miss my boyfriend and my sister and my family. I want to go home.

Just about six weeks of class left though. I can do it:xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you trying to quit drinking soda? I used to only drink soda and quit last semester. After about a week, it wasn't that hard anymore. Haven't had it in about half a year and I feel much better without all that sugar!

Would it kill anyone to have just a bit more patience?! I had to ask my Dad to report the FAFSA figures, and he just freaked out. Ugh. My Mom is the same way and it drives me INSANE.

Would it kill anyone to have just a bit more patience?! I had to ask my Dad to report the FAFSA figures, and he just freaked out. Ugh. My Mom is the same way and it drives me INSANE.

Just went through the same thing about 15 minutes ago lol. Sorry PSILT :cool:

I have a rant!!!!
Why hasn't SUNNEX been on lately!?!?!?
Where did you go SUNNEX?!!?!?!? :confused::scared:
Weeee miiiiiissss yoooooouuuu!!!!! :D
(This just made me think of that creepy line from Wedding Crashers when the read head says "Cuz I'd FIND you!" :laugh:)

I have a rant!!!!
Why hasn't SUNNEX been on lately!?!?!?
Where did you go SUNNEX?!!?!?!? :confused::scared:
Weeee miiiiiissss yoooooouuuu!!!!! :D
(This just made me think of that creepy line from Wedding Crashers when the read head says "Cuz I'd FIND you!" :laugh:)

my favorite line from that movie. I use it on my husband often

I am at work right now so the SO had to go get her around 3. He said she is fine, just groggy. The vet is insanely amazing and kept the cost lower than I could ever even have dreamed for! It was cancerous though, so here's to hoping it doesn't start popping up everywhere. :( Her alkphos was high too so we have to keep an eye on her liver (further complicated by her need for joint pain medicine lol). She has been my rock for 7 years and I literally would not be alive today without her. Thanks for asking about her. :) I can't wait to go home and give her a big huge hug!! :love:
That's her goofy self in my avatar :D

awww I"m glad her surgery went well and you had such a wonderful vet to go to!!!! She's lucky to have you! It's amazing the way animals can take up such a huge parts of our hearts :love: she's a nugget :)

My chest and throat hurt so bad from coughing so hard.

I hate coughing to the point of :barf:

I am so ready for this whole cold/flu thing to be gone. I blame the doctors at work they have all been sick lately...:mad:

I am so ready for this whole cold/flu thing to be gone. I blame the doctors at work they have all been sick lately...:mad:

Oh no I hope you feel better soon! :(

I just got over a horrible cold myself... it was awful because it went from being like 30 degrees here to 70 and sunny all the sudden and all I could do was admire the beautiful weather from my window as I laid in bed :( lol

Members don't see this ad :)

ick, germy people need to stop infecting you!!!I feel like this is the never-ending cold! Feel better soon!!

Sorry you are still sick DVM. I hate how it always moves into your chest. :mad: Everytime I have a sinus infection, I end up with bronchitis a month later. I've had it turn into pneumonia a few times. Keep on top of it and feel better soon!! :thumbup:

I just got over a horrible cold myself... it was awful because it went from being like 30 degrees here to 70 and sunny all the sudden and all I could do was admire the beautiful weather from my window as I laid in bed :( lol
Glad you're feeling better! This weather is waaaaay wonky!

Feel better! But yeah, when one in the workplace begins the carrying of germs.....we'sa all doomed :thumbdown:

Since some people were talking about zit-popping a while ago...
I have the BIGGEST pimple ever on the back of my earlobe.
I thought it was my almost-healed piercing... no... there is a huge red, shiny lump right next to it that hurts like a mother. My lobe is all swollen and disfigured because of it.

So much for wearing my hair up today. I cannot let a guy see that on a third date!

Since some people were talking about zit-popping a while ago...
I have the BIGGEST pimple ever on the back of my earlobe.
I thought it was my almost-healed piercing... no... there is a huge red, shiny lump right next to it that hurts like a mother. My lobe is all swollen and disfigured because of it.

So much for wearing my hair up today. I cannot let a guy see that on a third date!

Yeah that was me that brought up the pimple conversation :laugh: and I must say I am having an awfully fun week with my skin as well. Sorry to hear about your ear (haha that rhymes ;)). Hope the little sucker goes away soon.

I keep getting phone calls from a blocked phone # and of course I just happen to miss the darn call every time, so I have no idea who the heck is calling me! It is driving me nuts. I really don't know many people here in Dublin and not many people even have my phone #, so I have no idea who could be calling me. I really don't think you should be allowed to block your # and call someone. JMO - if you are going to call someone have the balls to reveal yourself. :laugh:

So now I have to wait for the next call and hope I can catch it in time. And hope this person is not a stalker :scared:

I keep getting phone calls from a blocked phone # and of course I just happen to miss the darn call every time, so I have no idea who the heck is calling me! It is driving me nuts. I really don't know many people here in Dublin and not many people even have my phone #, so I have no idea who could be calling me. I really don't think you should be allowed to block your # and call someone. JMO - if you are going to call someone have the balls to reveal yourself. :laugh:

So now I have to wait for the next call and hope I can catch it in time. And hope this person is not a stalker :scared:
I get bunches of blocked calls from fax machines. It is so annoying. I am always running to get the phone and then I hear that annoying fax sound . Argg.

Are you trying to quit drinking soda? I used to only drink soda and quit last semester. After about a week, it wasn't that hard anymore. Haven't had it in about half a year and I feel much better without all that sugar!

Yep! I used to literally never drink water, only Diet pepsi (I like the taste better than regular) and I decided that as part of my weight loss/exercise thing I started in November, this is the next step. I've been craving it the last day or two but I'm going to make it through! I'm not saying I'll never drink it again but probably only when I'm out to eat and not at home/school.

Yep! I used to literally never drink water, only Diet pepsi (I like the taste better than regular) and I decided that as part of my weight loss/exercise thing I started in November, this is the next step. I've been craving it the last day or two but I'm going to make it through! I'm not saying I'll never drink it again but probably only when I'm out to eat and not at home/school.

I actually really don't like the taste of it anymore. I tried a sip every once in a while, but don't want it anymore. I drink sparkling water now (it's a German thing hahaha) and if I want something sweet, I'll get sweet tea.

My husband has been desperately trying to get a new job. He has worked the graveyard shift for 4 years and does not handle it well at all.

Anyway, he got an interview for day job still in his field and spent the last week pouring his heart and soul into preparing for the interview. He did several mock interviews, wrote up possible answers, practiced, etc.....He worked super hard and REALLY wants the job.

Anyway. I got home from class a few minutes ago and my heart sank when I saw his car still here. He had slept through his alarm and completely missed the interview. He is so upset and really being hard on himself. He was completeley honest with them about why he wasn't there so hopefully they will be understanding - They managed to squeeze him into a later time and he is on his way. He's the kind of guy that this will really affect him for quite some time. I've never met someone who is so hard on themselves.

Anyway...I'm not sure this fits in the rant thread - I'm just so dissappointed for him. He was crying when he left - and he is most definitely NOT a crier.... He wanted it so bad.

Anyway, think good thoughts for him if you wouldn't mind. He should be walking into the interview in the next 10 minutes or so.

Good luck to mr heylodeb! Thinking about you and wishing you good luck!

Aww good luck Mr. Helodeb! Man tears are so much harder to see.:(

Aww! Sending super good vibes and interview luck to Mr. Heylodeb!

Looks like my boyfriend is giving up his pharmacy school acceptance to apply to med school. After his residency is done, he will be ~31. When my residency is done, I will be ~29. I am NOT looking forward to being so far apart for another 8 years. Maybe we will match to the same school?...:xf:

Oh, and, good luck Mr. Heylodeb!

Hey, I'm 31 NOW. Could always be worse.

:oops: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone! We are both family oriented and would like to have kids (besides our fur and scale:D children), but we can't really get started on that until we are done with school and have good jobs. It's a bit scary to think that we will be wasting our "prime years" in school. We talk about it a lot, and I think it's starting to get to us. The other day, he said "lets just get government jobs in May and not go to vet/med/pharm school". NO THANKS!:sleep:

Looks like my boyfriend is giving up his pharmacy school acceptance to apply to med school. After his residency is done, he will be ~31. When my residency is done, I will be ~29. I am NOT looking forward to being so far apart for another 8 years. Maybe we will match to the same school?...:xf:

Oh, and, good luck Mr. Heylodeb!

That is rough... best of luck. :luck:

Oh man, Deb. Tell B good luck, and remind him that **** happens - I mean, this is why he doesn't like the graveyard shift to start with. He's a nice dude, so hopefully they see that he would be a good employee when on a normal sleep schedule!!

Good luck hubby-heylodeb!

This isn't so much a rant as a sad day type of thing. My fiance's family's dog was euthanized today. He was almost 16 and we knew it was about time with the heart failure, vision loss, tumors, etc. but it was a shock because he had actually been doing relatively good lately. I can say for sure that he fell into the best family he could've had!

Last edited:
So sorry SCB.:(
It has been an awful month for losing people and pets. :(

:oops: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone! We are both family oriented and would like to have kids (besides our fur and scale:D children), but we can't really get started on that until we are done with school and have good jobs. It's a bit scary to think that we will be wasting our "prime years" in school. We talk about it a lot, and I think it's starting to get to us. The other day, he said "lets just get government jobs in May and not go to vet/med/pharm school". NO THANKS!:sleep:

Lol you didn't offend me. Just wanted to give a different perspective. For what it's worth, my husband and I are planning to have kids, too, once I finish school. I'll be 36. Hopefully my lady parts won't have dried up and fallen off by then! :)

* sigh*

Apparently, it did NOT go well. Not meant to be, I suppose! Sucks to have your hopes dashed. bah.

Sorry Mr. Heylodeb :(. Hang in there, something will come his way!

I wanted to text one of my group mates to check the due date for our class project, and wound up texting some random guy that is in the class. He responded with an answer, but I feel like an idiot, especially for texting him so late without it being warranted. Oops, guess I'll apologize on Monday and make light of it..:smack:

My condolences to mr heylodeb :( im sure he's beating himself up and it must have been so hard to see him like that and want to fix it all. But he's very lucky to have his mrs heylodeb there to make things at least a little bit better :)

Disputing with credit bureaus about mistakes OTHER PEOPLE MADE! :mad::diebanana: :bang: :annoyed: :shifty: :help: :poke: +pissed+

I have the flu. :c

That alone would suck, but I've worked a total of four shifts at my new job and now have to call out for the weekend because I'm infectious. They were great and (somewhat) jokingly told me to stay away, but I feel like somewhat of a failure of an employee. I'm also someone who almost never gets sick so I'm really bad at dealing with it. :thumbdown: Grr.

Power just went out.... Would have been nice if I'd gotten off my lazy butt and grained the horses 15 minutes ago. *stumbles around looking for flashlight*

In the airport leaving Dublin and my boyfriend. Definite downer :(