RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And my dog is a deaf, cerebellar 10 month old puppy! I live on the second floor and have to carry her down the stairs and though she isn't a huge dog (nova scotia duck toller) she isn't tiny either and is squirmy when she has to pee.

Members don't see this ad.

Dear mom:

My dog is a living being, not a garbage disposal. Please stop putting discarded food in her dish.

Thank you.

:thumbup::thumbup::(
Same to my dad! Just because my dad thinks food is love (and you can tell by looking at him :rolleyes:), doesn't mean my dogs need every piece of food possible.
Silly grandparents ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
:eek: How awful! I'm shocked that $7.13 could make your score drop 100 points! My dad got overcharged for some medical bill a while back so he refused to pay it, and that did not drop his credit 100 points. Yikes. I'm glad it's being removed though. :(

:eek: How awful! I'm shocked that $7.13 could make your score drop 100 points! My dad got overcharged for some medical bill a while back so he refused to pay it, and that did not drop his credit 100 points. Yikes. I'm glad it's being removed though. :(

Tell me about it!!! I was a MESS last night worrying about getting any type of financing for the next 7 years! I monitor my credit every month and the only thing that changed from last month to this month was that stupid collection hit. My report tells me why it drops and they said it was that.... what a bunch of crap! I just hope they get it all taken off sooner, rather than later! :xf::scared:

remember how I was bitten by a dog not too long ago? I think I've got permanent nerve damage to that finger. I'm so disappointed that I let myself get bitten and that it may affect me for the rest of my life.

remember how I was bitten by a dog not too long ago? I think I've got permanent nerve damage to that finger. I'm so disappointed that I let myself get bitten and that it may affect me for the rest of my life.

you might be surprised-i dropped a pair of laptops on the base of my R ring finger last january and it took a good 6-8 months for the nerve damage to resolve itself. today it's like nothing ever happened, all sensation and movement restored, so don't give up hope just yet!! :luck:

It happens to the best of us. I had some serious damage to my pinky finger on my right hand after a riding accident. It's taken 2 years, but it has finally healed and I can bear weight on that finger again.

Give it some time...

I got bit by a cat on my finger and did not get full function and feeling back for a good 5-6 months. It was horrible.

Lots of B vitamins (12 or 13 specifically if I remember correctly). I have nerve damage from my hips to my toes and B's really helped me a lot! I hope it passes over time, the body is amazing at healing itself! :)

Living in this limbo state, not knowing if I will get a spot in vet school this year or not, has me living at such high level of stress all of the time that my stomach hurts most of the time and I am so tired. Just so worn down.

Members don't see this ad :)
My girlfriend's ex+best friend (who I also consider a good friend) has this little old chihuahua that she loves so much. She called me today because the dog was having trouble breathing. She didn't have time to make to my favorite vet before they closed, so went to another vet who charged her $400 for a completely botched diagnosis and a treatment consisting of mostly steroids (not indicated). I won't get into the details of why it was wrong but I'm so frustrated and worried about this lil dog. She's pretty damn sick and I'm afraid that she'll die if it's not treated right. I hate knowing enough to know when a vet screws up, but not knowing enough (or having the license!) to treat the dog myself. Now she is out of money and may not be able to get a second opinion. I'm going to see if the awesome vet at the low-cost clinic would be willing to see this type of case, but until then I can't sleep thinking about this dog. :mad:

Feel better DVMdream!

I'm sorry Bunnity. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. I hope things work out for your friend and her chihuahua. :(

I love getting cryptic text messages from my barn manager saying "call me" because it usually means my horse has destroyed something else on the property (like the fence, his stall, his paddock, etc).
This time he broke himself. :( Current best guess is an abscess in his hind foot - this does not make me any happier, because the last time he had an abscess we had to resect 40% of his hoof and he almost died.

OF COURSE it is one week before the horse show. Always. *#&#%^^#%$*%@#

I think the transit strike is in it's 36th day or something crazy like that.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I woke up SO angry today.
I should be getting ready for volunteering, but at $80 round trip via cab and $15 round trip via roommate, I cannot afford it.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
I am tired of making sacrifices because a bunch of people want to pick their owns shifts and a raise.

I'm about to cry. Not even Chemistry made me feel this stupid last semester. After a while, I would get through the concepts and it'd be fine.

But I just didn't have time to really study for this Physics test. I feel so stupid. I can't memorize the formulas for the life of me and I'm really hoping that they'll be given like on the last test. I have trouble setting up the problems and combining the equations to get the right answer. I wish she would've moved the test until after spring break like she said she might. But no. Ugh.

And it's not helping that she told us the, even if we knew everything perfectly and didn't have to think about it, we would have to rush through the problems to be able to finish on time. Last time, I knew what to do, but got a 74 because the test was just so long! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail this one then.

I need to get my GPA up for the vet guarantee program, but this class might be the reason I won't get accepted. I was so excited about doing so well in Chemistry this semester, but this class is just ruining it..

Some of you may remember Mookie the 10 yr old bunny I adopted a few weeks ago after fostering.

He has been having increasing respiratory effort over the past week or so, so we took him to the vet yesterday. He settled down well in O2, and his chest rads came back negative (which was a huge sigh of relief because we were thinking heart failure, cancer, or pneumonia). He stayed overnight in O2 and the vet started him on abx--he seemed to do better, so at this point we were thinking upper respiratory. He wanted to anesthetize him so he could get in his nose and mouth and clean him out, and when he was under, he found a massive tumor. The tumor dominated the entire left side of his skull and was pushing on his septum, which was making him unable to breathe. We decided to euthanize this morning :( Poor bunny. He was such a sweetheart.

I just wish the vet would've cut us a break. We've only had him three weeks, the head tech at the shelter is the head tech at the vet office (ie, we have connections), and the bill was over $1000.

What a crappy day. RIP Mookie man :cry::cry::cry:

Some of you may remember Mookie the 10 yr old bunny I adopted a few weeks ago after fostering.

He has been having increasing respiratory effort over the past week or so, so we took him to the vet yesterday. He settled down well in O2, and his chest rads came back negative (which was a huge sigh of relief because we were thinking heart failure, cancer, or pneumonia). He stayed overnight in O2 and the vet started him on abx--he seemed to do better, so at this point we were thinking upper respiratory. He wanted to anesthetize him so he could get in his nose and mouth and clean him out, and when he was under, he found a massive tumor. The tumor dominated the entire left side of his skull and was pushing on his septum, which was making him unable to breathe. We decided to euthanize this morning :( Poor bunny. He was such a sweetheart.

I just wish the vet would've cut us a break. We've only had him three weeks, the head tech at the shelter is the head tech at the vet office (ie, we have connections), and the bill was over $1000.

I'm so sorry :( I'm sure those 3 weeks with you made all the difference in his life.

So sorry NStrarz. At least he was loved and treated well by you!

So sorry to hear this:(:(:(. He was so lucky to have someone in his life that was so caring, even if only for a short time. I am sure it made a huge difference to him though. As for the vet, sorry they didn't cut you a break:mad:

Aw NStarz that's so sad to hear :(. I'm sorry about your bunny. At least he is in a much better place. It's never easy to lose a pet especially under those conditions :(

Aw, so sorry to hear :(
It was great that you decided to give him a great home for the rest of his days.

My school gave me an unwarranted parking ticket. Ugh!

very sorry about your bunny :(

My school gave me an unwarranted parking ticket. Ugh!

very sorry about your bunny :(

Sorry about your parking ticket, but the unwarranted reminds me of the time the school tried to give me a ticket for parking in a spot and not paying the meter...only problem, there was no meter in front of this spot, no signs indicating that the spot was disgnated for university officials only and it was not a handicap spot. So I fought the ticket, did not have to pay it and about one week later there was a meter in front of that spot..:smuggrin:

Thanks everyone. You guys are amazing <3

Now Mookie can play with my sweet puppy Ginger (whom we lost on New Year's Eve) across the Rainbow Bridge. They would have been good friends.

Do you know how hard it is to write a letter of intent for something you have NO real desire to do. =(

This stomach ache/flu has turned into sharp stabbing pain, I wish it would just go away...:(

:(
sick-fever.gif

polls_MJZ1859_3959_671477_answer_1_xlarge.gif

I'm about to cry. Not even Chemistry made me feel this stupid last semester. After a while, I would get through the concepts and it'd be fine.

But I just didn't have time to really study for this Physics test. I feel so stupid. I can't memorize the formulas for the life of me and I'm really hoping that they'll be given like on the last test. I have trouble setting up the problems and combining the equations to get the right answer. I wish she would've moved the test until after spring break like she said she might. But no. Ugh.

And it's not helping that she told us the, even if we knew everything perfectly and didn't have to think about it, we would have to rush through the problems to be able to finish on time. Last time, I knew what to do, but got a 74 because the test was just so long! I'm pretty sure I'm gonna fail this one then.

I need to get my GPA up for the vet guarantee program, but this class might be the reason I won't get accepted. I was so excited about doing so well in Chemistry this semester, but this class is just ruining it..

Can you drop with a W and retake it over the summer (even if at a different school)? You can come stay with me for 8 weeks; our summer physics here is supposed to be the bomb :love:

A W looks way better than a lowered gpa when it comes to judgement time!

This stomach ache/flu has turned into sharp stabbing pain, I wish it would just go away...:(

I know we prevetters are a tough type, the above + 104 fever should probably be seen by a doctor... The MD variety :p

Seriously though, IV drugs, fluids, and nutrition can do wonders, and is offered at many urgent care/ walk in places (usually have to ask).

I thought there are schools that will count a W as an F in your GPA calculation?

I got a 74 on my first test. The lab is counted into that grade, it's not extra. So far I have about a 97 there. One more test and one grade gets dropped.

I'll be studying every day now. Maybe that'll work then. It was a bad test, but not as bad as expected. I didn't sleep much this week and I think that was part of the reason why I panicked so much. Thank you though. I'll be seeing a tutor also.

I thought there are schools that will count a W as an F in your GPA calculation?

I got a 74 on my first test. The lab is counted into that grade, it's not extra. So far I have about a 97 there. One more test and one grade gets dropped.

I'll be studying every day now. Maybe that'll work then. It was a bad test, but not as bad as expected. I didn't sleep much this week and I think that was part of the reason why I panicked so much. Thank you though. I'll be seeing a tutor also.

I have never heard of that! People would be making a big stink out of W's if that were the norm. The general consensus (from my reading here) is that a couple W's aren't a problem unless you have a pattern of them.

Call uga and ask. Since that is the one program you are trying to stay in, at this point, if this allows you to have automatic acceptance by not doing poorly in physics then there is no other schools to worry about :)

And I'm pretty sure the W=F thing must be really rare if done at all.

An I is definitely counted as an F however.

Awww DVM :( It's from staying out all night doing wolfie activities. Feel better!

I know we prevetters are a tough type, the above + 104 fever should probably be seen by a doctor... The MD variety :p

Seriously though, IV drugs, fluids, and nutrition can do wonders, and is offered at many urgent care/ walk in places (usually have to ask).

Thanks Emiloo and Blackdog!! Fly Racing...I am starting to feel better after some massive doses of Tylenol. Fever is finally gone and the stomach isn't quite as bad. If it comes back or continues any longer I will probably head to the doc since this has been going on since Thursday night, but right now I am feeling much better. :)

My friend's chihuahua that I posted about before is in the ICU with a pleural effusion. My friend had to put down $2500 just for her to go to the ICU... and they don't know what is truly wrong with her yet. I am so worried about them :(

Living in this limbo state, not knowing if I will get a spot in vet school this year or not, has me living at such high level of stress all of the time that my stomach hurts most of the time and I am so tired. Just so worn down.

i know how much that sucks, i was in your shoes this time last year. try your best too not think about it too much and just get through this semester, then ask for file reviews when you can. start planing now for how to make your application better for next year. Also don't make drastic life changes like moving across the country I moved then immediately got called to move back to NY to Cornell. hope you get good news soon! Remember lots of shuffle happens around April 15th so just wait for that like you did the acceptance decision date you gives a waiting goal and made it more manageable for me.

My insides are full of fire. I have had heartburn so bad for the last two days that I can't sleep. Nothing has helped. This sucks. Commence dragon transformation!!

Last edited:
Wanted my hair done all nice for upcoming interview. Asked to go much lighter than I was (was light brown with a lot of highlights) and ended up with a head of gold/orange hair that was amazingly frightening and a burned scalp in numerous places :mad: She screwed up the mixture for my roots first time and then decided to use bleach all over instead of doing roots and then foils.:eek: I looked like a horror show and cried over my hair for the first time ever.

It's an upscale salon that I've gone to for 2+ years. My hairdresser met me late last night (Saturday) night to 'fix it'. 4 hours and a six pack later, it was over.

I now have jet black hair and scabs on my scalp :scared:

i know how much that sucks, i was in your shoes this time last year. try your best too not think about it too much and just get through this semester, then ask for file reviews when you can. start planing now for how to make your application better for next year. Also don't make drastic life changes like moving across the country I moved then immediately got called to move back to NY to Cornell. hope you get good news soon! Remember lots of shuffle happens around April 15th so just wait for that like you did the acceptance decision date you gives a waiting goal and made it more manageable for me.
Thank you so much. It really does help to know that other people have survived this situation.:oops: I think the hardest part right now is that I have absolutely no idea where I will be living in 6 months. I have a file review set up in about 3 weeks for one of my schools to see what I can work on. Hopefully I can be awesome like you and get a call!! :xf:

Wanted my hair done all nice for upcoming interview. Asked to go much lighter than I was (was light brown with a lot of highlights) and ended up with a head of gold/orange hair that was amazingly frightening and a burned scalp in numerous places :mad: She screwed up the mixture for my roots first time and then decided to use bleach all over instead of doing roots and then foils.:eek: I looked like a horror show and cried over my hair for the first time ever.

It's an upscale salon that I've gone to for 2+ years. My hairdresser met me late last night (Saturday) night to 'fix it'. 4 hours and a six pack later, it was over.

I now have jet black hair and scabs on my scalp :scared:

This is my worst nightmare. I am so sorry. Seriously. This is so terrible.

So stressed and sad. Had to say bye to my boyfriend today to come back to school and now I have to decide if I am going to take the UC Berkeley extension cell bio course as a back up in case I fail the course at MSU. Poop:(

Oh no! I hope your poor scalp feels better flyhi. Good luck on the interview!

Flyhi I hope that first lady gave you back your money! She really burned your head?? I know nothing about hair, how did she even pull that off?