RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My favorite dog at the shelter got put down today on my day off. My coworkers know I've been having a tough time since I put my dog down on Friday so someone texted me when they did so I won't be shocked/too upset when she's not there tomorrow. I wish I had known that she was going to be put to sleep though because I would've said goodbye to her and given her a bunch of treats before I left yesterday. I really need to stop falling in love with dogs at work; especially pitbulls, and definitely not the ones with pending court cases against them.

Members don't see this ad.

I hate forcing pills down my puppy's throat but she just won't take them otherwise. :(

My favorite dog at the shelter got put down today on my day off. My coworkers know I've been having a tough time since I put my dog down on Friday so someone texted me when they did so I won't be shocked/too upset when she's not there tomorrow. I wish I had known that she was going to be put to sleep though because I would've said goodbye to her and given her a bunch of treats before I left yesterday. I really need to stop falling in love with dogs at work; especially pitbulls, and definitely not the ones with pending court cases against them.

:cry: Don't you just want to steal them and run? It makes me so sad :(

Members don't see this ad :)
:cry: Don't you just want to steal them and run? It makes me so sad :(

I really do but then I'd have at least ten pit bulls right now. I hate that everyone passes them over just because they're pit bulls. Some of our best dogs in adopt right now are bully breeds but no one will give them a second look.

I really do but then I'd have at least ten pit bulls right now. I hate that everyone passes them over just because they're pit bulls. Some of our best dogs in adopt right now are bully breeds but no one will give them a second look.

Yep. I completely understand. That's how we ended up with my pit. Everyone passed him up. He is the best dog ever. :love:

Once I'm done with my guide dog puppy, I want to foster pits. I'm already excited. :love:

I want to see it I can get them CGC certified to help with getting them adopted out. :)

Mini rant: Someone wasn't paying attention AT ALL when they were driving yesterday and smacked into the back of my Escape when I was stopped at a red light. Cracked my bumper which will now have to be replaced and the damn auto body that my insurance wants me to go to can't even take a look at it to give an estimate until mid next week! If they don't have 10 minutes to look at it and take a picture, then who knows how long it's going to take them to actually calculate an estimate for a new bumper, send that to the adjustor, clarify with the insurance company if needed, place an order with Ford and then actually fix my car. I just want it fixed and back to normal!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

cliffs: The auto insurance claim process SUCKS.

TT, did you go on the flowrider??? I DID!!!

tumblr_m1qiizWTZv1r34rln.gif

Who told you I like it like that? :eek:

Okok, I'll admit it. It was Abney. :( :thumbup::laugh:

So sorry hedgie :( I feel like everyone who's every worked/volunteered at a shelter has been there before.

my brother is sick and in my hypersensitive hormone induced mood, i just don't have the patience to listen to him whine. good luck in college buddy, you're gonna need it at this rate!

Members don't see this ad :)
I knew I had to cover a few shifts for a coworker because he's getting surgery, but I didn't expect it to be the whole time until school starts! :eek:

Working this weekend, then two days off, then working until the next Tuesday, then 3 days off, then weekend again. And so on. Instead of the expected two days, I'm going to be working 4/5 days.

Good money, but I'm a bit taken off guard..

This isn't entirely a rant per se, but instead of enjoying my day off from class, I get to spend most of the day in anatomy lab looking at cadavers so I won't fail my test on Friday. Oh and I get to come home and study some more. Yay...NOT! I kinda wish I could just relax and give my brain a break....

This isn't entirely a rant per se, but instead of enjoying my day off from class, I get to spend most of the day in anatomy lab looking at cadavers so I won't fail my test on Friday. Oh and I get to come home and study some more. Yay...NOT! I kinda wish I could just relax and give my brain a break....

Me too... I'm studying for 5 exams in the next 7 days :laugh:

Convo with my dad yesterday (about the upcoming move/vet school):

Me: It's all happening so fast now! Honestly, I can't believe I actually got in. I never thought it would actually happen.
Dad: Honestly OH BG, me neither.

:confused::mad::confused::mad::cool:

Me: It's all happening so fast now! Honestly, I can't believe I actually got in. I never thought it would actually happen.

:rolleyes: Oh parents.
All that matters is that it DID happen and you're gonna be a vet! :nod:

Lunch with the bf was really nice, but I'm a bit mad that I find out just now that the pharmacy guy cooks lunch for everyone on holidays. I also think it's not very nice of the other girl I work with to not tell me. I would've told her right away just in case she didn't know, but apparently she doesn't think so. And I even gave her some of my German chocolate this morning. :mad:

Furniture shopping = UGH! I went shopping, found stuff my roommate and I liked, went to order it, and found out that place A (and C and D) aren't affiliated with the store in Cbus. Place B has a store in Cbus, but you have to order it from that store and not from another store (near me). Or you can order online (but not over the phone), but then they need to ship it from their warehouse in MD, which will cost >$300. Place E called my mom and said "oh yeah, we can totally let you order in NJ and deliver in Cbus." We go to look today and then they're like "oh, that's a different place E...we're not affiliated and we don't have the same stuff." ARE YOU KIDDING ME? GRRRRRR

So now I have to find furniture when I'm down there in 2 weeks and hope it gets delivered in time for when I move in. And my roommate can't come with me when I go down there so I'm on my own and have to hope she's willing to pay for/likes what I pick out. OY.

Oh, darling. I can't even count how many times my mom not-so-gently suggested I considered a different career when I was rejected from vet school two years running. Families can be the least supportive people at times (something about the brutal honesty that comes along with creating you).

I'm SO glad you made it and every single person on SDN recognizes what an accomplishment it was!! The adcom clearly recognized that you are utterly fabulous!

My grandma is already telling me now that I can't waste time to apply a second time if I don't make it the first time. I can't just keep sitting around and do nothing, I need to get a real job if I don't get in. Yes, people have dreams but they don't always come true.

I'm two years away from even applying for the first time..

(Which is actually kind of scary)

Yeah, srsly, bunny girl, that was not cool. I don't know your dad, but sometimes my dad will say stupid stuff without realizing he said it (and not mean it). Hopefully that's the case. The most important thing is you did get in and you're going to be an amazing veterinarian, and that's really all that matters.

TT, did you go on the flowrider??? I DID!!!

Nah, I did once before and quickly discovered that my skateboard skills cleanly transferred to surfboard skills... so that would be absolutely none. Plus I can't hold my nose under water really, so I could very easily end up with a lungful.

I spent a lot of time in the Solarium, in the NON-SALTWATER pool and the hot tubs. The only kids-free zone on the ship. Man there were a lot of kids this time. Summer cruises are not ideal in that way.

Just realized that because it is a holiday the liquor stores are closed. Oklahoma liquor laws suck.

:laugh: Liquor laws.... wtf are those....? Ooooooh I live in the most sinful state so they don't give a flying f*** lol :D

Haha. When I was in Vegas earlier in the summer I kept thinking I was going to get in trouble for drinking on Freemont street because you can't walk down the street here drinking alcohol.

:eek: :thumbdown:

We have pub crawls almost all the time :laugh:

We do bar crawls but you have to finish your drink before moving on to the next bar. We can't even buy anything stronger than 3.2% at grocery stores including wine. When I went to see my in-laws in VT, I was so excited when I bought wine at a gas station on a Sunday lol.

We do bar crawls but you have to finish your drink before moving on to the next bar. We can't even buy anything stronger than 3.2% at grocery stores including wine. When I went to see my in-laws in VT, I was so excited when I bought wine at a gas station on a Sunday lol.

Growing up in FL, I didn't know that not everywhere sells wine in the grocery store. I was deeply saddened by this when I moved to NY :(

I bought mine all yeeeesterdaaaay....

You suck for thinking ahead. I really don't get it. If I owned a liquor store I would be pissed. Think how much money they could make because it is a holiday.

Oh, darling. I can't even count how many times my mom not-so-gently suggested I considered a different career when I was rejected from vet school two years running. Families can be the least supportive people at times (something about the brutal honesty that comes along with creating you).

I'm SO glad you made it and every single person on SDN recognizes what an accomplishment it was!! The adcom clearly recognized that you are utterly fabulous!

Yeah, srsly, bunny girl, that was not cool. I don't know your dad, but sometimes my dad will say stupid stuff without realizing he said it (and not mean it). Hopefully that's the case. The most important thing is you did get in and you're going to be an amazing veterinarian, and that's really all that matters.

Aww thanks guys! I'm sure he didn't mean it like that, but it still bugs me a little. This combined with the probability that no one in the family can make the trip down for the convocation ceremony at orientation just adds to it. :(

OK! Pity party over! Today is my shelter day, then off to enjoy fireworks! :D

Growing up in FL, I didn't know that not everywhere sells wine in the grocery store. I was deeply saddened by this when I moved to NY :(

I live in a county where you can only get beer/wine at certain corner/convenience-type stores (who can only buy through the county I think) and anything harder is through a county-run liquor store. They just started being open Sundays at least.

It was wonderful when I moved to NY and could buy beer at grocery stores.

I live in a county where you can only get beer/wine at certain corner/convenience-type stores (who can only buy through the county I think) and anything harder is through a county-run liquor store. They just started being open Sundays at least.

It was wonderful when I moved to NY and could buy beer at grocery stores.
tumblr_m5ja9mC7501rnp2q7o1_500.gif

Holy f*** it was hot out today!! 103 F with 76% humidity and not a cloud in the sky! We were told it was gonna rain but it hasn't yet.:mad: When I got done with work after 9 hours outside, I actually wrung my shirt out, I was that soaked from sweat. Drank a gallon of water, too!!

And now I am sitting in a cool(no air conditioning :() house. :thumbup: I do'nt feel like doing a dang thing. Think I'll put off laundry until tomorrow.

I'm kinda jealous of the people who have family support. My parents haven't given two hoots about my dreams. They keep telling me, 'uh huh, good luck honey. Why don't you go for something more attainable for you? That's 8 years of school, I don't think you're up for it. You didn't like school back in High School.' Gee, thanks. That was TEN+ freakin' years ago! I'm alllll on my own :(

/end semi-rant-more-like-complaining :p

Parents are so messed up sometimes. Wolfspeaker, we're definitely all here rooting for you.

Haha :laugh: Thanks guys! :love: Guess I meant more all on my own with REAL people. :smuggrin: (J/K!!) You guys have been great. I honestly don't know if I would actually be going forward with all this if I hadn't found this forum years ago. (lurked for a year or so before joining)

I can't look at the GIF wars thread because my computer is too slow to load them all. :(