RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well don't worry you will be out of it very soon.... and then you will wonder what you got yourself into :laugh:

I love Ireland, but sometimes I just want my LA weather :nod:

:laugh:

I may be a little desert rat, born and raised, but I did spend 4 fabulous years in the snow, wind and cold. I have had my share of shoveling snow and freezing my arse off..:)

Members don't see this ad.

I may be a little desert rat, born and raised, but I did spend 4 fabulous years in the snow, wind and cold. I have had my share of shoveling snow and freezing my arse off..:)

Yeah thankfully at least in Ireland we don't get snow really - not sure about Scotland....We got tons of snow when I lived in Michigan - I hated it.....

The weather here is fairly mild year round which is nice - no extremes.

Yeah thankfully at least in Ireland we don't get snow really - not sure about Scotland....We got tons of snow when I lived in Michigan - I hated it.....

The weather here is fairly mild year round which is nice - no extremes.

I had the joys of digging a car out of 5 feet of snow when I was going to school, that was the worst...

I dug it out of 2 or 3 feet of snow a few times as well, but being 5'3" tall having to attempt to get though 5 feet of snow was rather comical...

I hope the weather is mild in Scotland, but I will take the cold over the blistering heat...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
4639908_460s.jpg

I had the joys of digging a car out of 5 feet of snow when I was going to school, that was the worst...

I dug it out of 2 or 3 feet of snow a few times as well, but being 5'3" tall having to attempt to get though 5 feet of snow was rather comical...

I hope the weather is mild in Scotland, but I will take the cold over the blistering heat...:)

That's why I like that I only go to school up north, not live there. I quite like snow, it's fun to play in! But I could NOT deal with a car in it.

I'm not liking this biking to work thing. It's even harder from the new house than it was from my brother's.

I'm hopefully getting my scooter license in the next few weeks and then I'm buying my friend's scooter. :)

I'm not liking this biking to work thing. It's even harder from the new house than it was from my brother's.

I'm hopefully getting my scooter license in the next few weeks and then I'm buying my friend's scooter. :)

I feel your pain. I'm biking to work all summer. And there's HILLS.

I feel your pain. I'm biking to work all summer. And there's HILLS.

The morning is already hard with only two uphills, but the length kills me. The afternoon is the really bad part, because almost the entire way is uphill, I'm already tired from work and then the HEAT. :scared:

I doubt it will "only" take me 30 minutes like it does to get to work. With all that uphill it's gonna take much much longer. :(

The morning is already hard with only two uphills, but the length kills me. The afternoon is the really bad part, because almost the entire way is uphill, I'm already tired from work and then the HEAT. :scared:

I doubt it will "only" take me 30 minutes like it does to get to work. With all that uphill it's gonna take much much longer. :(

That sucks. :( At least my ride home is more downhill.

Members don't see this ad :)
My bf is looking at the scooter tomorrow and if it's good, then we hopefully get it soon. I just need to get my license then. That would make life so much easier.

Not sure if this is a rant or rave, but I'm back on the P90X bandwagon. And every single muscle in my body is angry with me.

Oh well. Here's to toned muscles for the wedding I'm in this October and the impending ability to lift a cow over my head. That will come in handy during first year.

Not sure if this is a rant or rave, but I'm back on the P90X bandwagon. And every single muscle in my body is angry with me.

Oh well. Here's to toned muscles for the wedding I'm in this October and the impending ability to lift a cow over my head. That will come in handy during first year.

I love that sore feeling. Gets me giddy lol

It's raining at the beach. Boooo :(

:love: when it rains at the beach! It smells so good and is so refreshing! And little creatures come out right after the rain, that don't normally! (Sucks when you go expecting sunshine though)

I'm sorrey :( it might stop! its nice at my beach.

Reason number 322 to visit TW ;)

Haha awww next time I'm in Cali ;)

I do like when it rains at the beach, BUT it's my first full day here! I want SUN! Not lightening and thunder :(

we were part over that fun power outage from Friday's monster storm. not too big a deal (we lived in the basement with lots of flashlights for almost two days) but my father has a beautiful salt water aquarium that he obsesses over that also lost power. he was out of town friday night and none of us really expected the lack of pumps and such to be a big issue within 12 hours, but saturday morning 3 of the fish were dead and all the rest were at the surface gasping. it was the most horrific thing to see. i was so upset that these poor animals were suffering the most slow and painful death possible. watching any animal struggle to breathe is just awful. we were at least able to throw a couple of battery powered air stone pumps in the tank, but i feel just awful for how they suffered. the other 6 are hanging in there for now, and the air stones made a huge difference. within a couple of hours the fish were back to acting completely normal, and the couple that were on the brink were swimming around as if nothing had ever happened. poor fish :(

Too much heat for biking. Tool me about 45 minutes and had to walk the rest because of a flat tire. I think I overheated. Feeling dizzy and it took me about 30 minutes to cool down. Now I'm cold and have a huge headache. Ugh.

I have to rant about this:

My dad's dad (my paternal grandfather) is having an all weekend 70th birthday party celebration. This was supposed to occur the weekend of July 13th. We had planned on heading up north (3 hours away) on Friday the 13th and coming home on the 14th.. No big deal.. I was more than happy to go (even though it is my last weekend at home before moving).

Well, they have changed the birthday party to this weekend the 6th, 7th and 8th.. Ok. I have plans all day on the 7th (mostly for that night) that I have had planned for weeks. My parents know this. They want to go up super early (6-7AM) on Sunday the 8th... Ok. My plans consist of massive alcohol consumption and being out until possibly 1 or 2 AM. I am NOT going to want to get up at 7AM, hungover to drive 3 hours for a birthday party for my grandfather (whom I can barely even call that). If he had actually cared about myself and my sisters growing up, maybe. If he had even cared about my father (his son) and my aunt (his daughter), maybe. But the fact that we saw him maybe once every 4 or 5 years and that he has never been around for us at all. NO! Sorry, just because I am not into your stupid feckin, damned religion doesn't mean I am a piece of dirt and deserve to be ignored.

My dad is all pissed at me because I am refusing to go.. Seriously!! This is the guy that has absolutely nothing to do with us, doesn't give a rat's ass about us and I am supposed to bend over backwards to go up for his birthday party.. HELL NO!!

My dad has now told me that I can call him and tell him that I am not coming because I will be hungover... Glad to do it!! I don't care if drinking is against his religion, he has never given a damn about us why should I care?

/End RANT :mad::mad:

I have to rant about this:

My dad's dad (my paternal grandfather) is having an all weekend 70th birthday party celebration. This was supposed to occur the weekend of July 13th. We had planned on heading up north (3 hours away) on Friday the 13th and coming home on the 14th.. No big deal.. I was more than happy to go (even though it is my last weekend at home before moving).

Well, they have changed the birthday party to this weekend the 6th, 7th and 8th.. Ok. I have plans all day on the 7th (mostly for that night) that I have had planned for weeks. My parents know this. They want to go up super early (6-7AM) on Sunday the 8th... Ok. My plans consist of massive alcohol consumption and being out until possibly 1 or 2 AM. I am NOT going to want to get up at 7AM, hungover to drive 3 hours for a birthday party for my grandfather (whom I can barely even call that). If he had actually cared about myself and my sisters growing up, maybe. If he had even cared about my father (his son) and my aunt (his daughter), maybe. But the fact that we saw him maybe once every 4 or 5 years and that he has never been around for us at all. NO! Sorry, just because I am not into your stupid feckin, damned religion doesn't mean I am a piece of dirt and deserve to be ignored.

My dad is all pissed at me because I am refusing to go.. Seriously!! This is the guy that has absolutely nothing to do with us, doesn't give a rat's ass about us and I am supposed to bend over backwards to go up for his birthday party.. HELL NO!!

My dad has now told me that I can call him and tell him that I am not coming because I will be hungover... Glad to do it!! I don't care if drinking is against his religion, he has never given a damn about us why should I care?

/End RANT :mad::mad:

Way to go, standing up for yourself!

I spent too many years being guilted into doing things for family members that never showed initiative to help me or care about me. I finally said no more, and am not burdened anymore

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Way to go, standing up for yourself!

I spent too many years being guilted into doing things for family members that never showed initiative to help me or care about me. I finally said no more, and am not burdened anymore

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I am standing up now, but I will probably end up being forced to go in the end.. :mad::mad:

Ugh. I'm a big family person but sometimes I get annoyed when people say "but they're family". It doesn't make them a good person or even a person I have to like for that matter. It's not my fault where I came from. :rolleyes: That being said, I'm pretty lucky and love most of my humongous family.

My poor husband... Last night we were talking about some stuff, and he mentioned that some of my family members who I'm not really close with tried to start some drama at the wedding. They are fortunate I found out after I sent them their thank you card. Anyway, I was livid at what they tried to bring up to his mom so I started crying during the 2 hour car ride home last night.

Then today I found out that a friend from undergrad committed suicide last night. I called my husband (he is in a peds rotation at the hospital as an M3 so that is not something I've ever done) and the doctors sent him home for the day at like 1:30 in the afternoon. I'm lucky he is so supportive and that he is working with nice doctors right now... The guy was my brother's best friend too, so some of my guy's knowledge from dealing with bad stuff has been really helpful. I can't stop thinking about it though. He left behind a wife and two daughters, and they were pregnant with a third.

My poor husband... Last night we were talking about some stuff, and he mentioned that some of my family members who I'm not really close with tried to start some drama at the wedding. They are fortunate I found out after I sent them their thank you card. Anyway, I was livid at what they tried to bring up to his mom so I started crying during the 2 hour car ride home last night.

Then today I found out that a friend from undergrad committed suicide last night. I called my husband (he is in a peds rotation at the hospital as an M3 so that is not something I've ever done) and the doctors sent him home for the day at like 1:30 in the afternoon. I'm lucky he is so supportive and that he is working with nice doctors right now... The guy was my brother's best friend too, so some of my guy's knowledge from dealing with bad stuff has been really helpful. I can't stop thinking about it though. He left behind a wife and two daughters, and they were pregnant with a third.

I'm so so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you have such a supportive husband. Is it fun calling him your hubby now? :love:
Hope things start looking up for you both. Hang in there. :(

I'm so so sorry to hear this. I'm glad you have such a supportive husband. Is it fun calling him your hubby now? :love:
Hope things start looking up for you both. Hang in there. :(

Thank you, Emiloo! I decided that since I got all my crying out for the day, I could finally post something about it on here. He is the first person I've actually known who has passed away, so this is totally new to me.

And as far as having a husband, it is different and I have to catch myself so I don't call him fiancé anymore!

Thank you, Emiloo! I decided that since I got all my crying out for the day, I could finally post something about it on here. He is the first person I've actually known who has passed away, so this is totally new to me.

And as far as having a husband, it is different and I have to catch myself so I don't call him fiancé anymore!

Let it out when you have to. Only time heals these things, and never completely. Ive been lucky enough to not have lost anyone that close to me. I couldn't imagine. I'll be sending good thoughts your way. :love:

My demon cat tried to kill my pet sitter (literally. Launched himself at her. Twice). And he gained 4 pounds in one week. OY!

:eek: Geez, is she getting hazard pay?!

That just means he loves you and no one else

He was better after that, just hid like a normal cat.

He totes loves my family, but it would be nice not to have to board him when we go away now (which we're going to be doing a lot of this year because my family is moving me to Ohio next month). He hates people so much. I keep telling myself it's nothing we did (he did meet people as a kitten!!!) but when he acts all feral-ly, I want to kick myself in the butt.

To add to my family rant from earlier:

My sister gets home last night and my dad tells her about the change of plans for the birthday party. My dad tells her that they are planning on going on Sunday the 8th and my sister thinks about what she has going on that weekend. And her response, "I don't really have anything going on but I am not sure I am going to go to the birthday party either." My dad tells her, "Ok. That is fine." WTF!!! You bitched ME out earlier in the day when I said I can't really go because I have other plans, but my sister who has NO plans doesn't want to go and that is fine...

:boom:

I give up... :mad::mad:

My sister gets home last night and my dad tells her about the change of plans for the birthday party. My dad tells her that they are planning on going on Sunday the 8th and my sister thinks about what she has going on that weekend. And her response, "I don't really have anything going on but I am not sure I am going to go to the birthday party either." My dad tells her, "Ok. That is fine." WTF!!! You bitched ME out earlier in the day when I said I can't really go because I have other plans, but my sister who has NO plans doesn't want to go and that is fine...

Well that's a load of BS!!!! :mad:

Well that's a load of BS!!!! :mad:

I know!!

When he said that to her I was pissed...

I was like, OK... so you are not mad at all because she just doesn't feel like going but you completely bitched me out earlier because I have plans and don't want to go!!??

He was like, "Well she isn't using the excuse of being hungover."

Right, because my 20 year old sister would use that excuse.. Her, "I have nothing to do" is a much better reason...Fine!, DAD!! "I have nothing going on but I don't FEEL like going! Is that better!! ??" :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ok... I am done...

I am still fuming time to cool down...

tumblr_lok77wA0QL1qcehfo.gif

Look. I love my cat, and I know he's sick. But when I find a pile of cat crap under a sock or I step in a wet patch, I want to beat the ever-living crap out of him!!!! :mad:

still no power, no phone, no cell reception. :(

there's a transformer box two blocks down and my street is basically the only one on which it is possible to get out of the neighborhood. the rest all have wires blocking.

we're just really lucky we didn't have any trees come down on our house or cars.

at my mom's air-conditioned office on her wi-fi.

Last edited:
so, that sunburn I got last week is now peeling. I look like a leper! And I'm getting gross little bubbles all over. and it's itchy! I'm putting on lotion pretty much all the time in the hopes that will help slow down the peeling or at least keep the skin on long enough for the underneath layers to be healed :laugh: so fun

eep! sounds like poisoning

my mom got blisters on her back from a horrible sun burn and was out for a couple weeks or so

hope it's not that bad but still I freak out about thinking Ill get melanoma all the time so i always put on skin lotion :scared:

ARGGHHH I cannot find my keys. I drove my boyfriend to pick up food two days ago, came back, and have not seen them since. I had to cancel some volunteering I picked up because I have no freakin' transportation. I've pretty much torn my apartment apart to no avail right now. Getting really, really really frustrated.

ARGGHHH I cannot find my keys. I drove my boyfriend to pick up food two days ago, came back, and have not seen them since. I had to cancel some volunteering I picked up because I have no freakin' transportation. I've pretty much torn my apartment apart to no avail right now. Getting really, really really frustrated.

Is there a chance you dropped them in the car?

Could they be in the pants you were wearing? Or down in the hamper? My keys like to migrate down into the recliner.

I started looking for them while still wearing the same clothes I had on when I walked in the door, and I've done my laundry from my hamper since then... checked the couches twice, but I'm now going to do it a third time. :laugh: Keep suggesting things, I've obviously gone through all my brain can come up with, oi.

I started looking for them while still wearing the same clothes I had on when I walked in the door, and I've done my laundry from my hamper since then... checked the couches twice, but I'm now going to do it a third time. :laugh: Keep suggesting things, I've obviously gone through all my brain can come up with, oi.

What did you do when you got home? go to the kitchen? the bathroom? the bedroom? Oh! I have a large bed and have found my phone/keys under the covers. Behind the hamper? And I agree with DVMD, the fridge?

Ironically, already checked fridge...last time they were really lost I found them in a bag of leftovers, so it's one of my first go-to's.

I walked in the door, went to the kitchen, nommed some hummus in there, then went to the living room and ate it. No idea past that. :( Will check bed and corners of hamper closer, though.