RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for waiting until the last minute to cancel. Glad I drug my butt to campus for one class today...
So glad I'm a 4th year and have to be here at all Times regardless. Bh. Where is summer??

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Cool! I just learned from an internship-bound classmate that "sharper clinicians" go on to do internships and residencies and people who go out into practice after vet school "aren't as sharp".

Good to know.

Cool! I just learned from an internship-bound classmate that "sharper clinicians" go on to do internships and residencies and people who go out into practice after vet school "aren't as sharp".

Good to know.
Should tell them that blunt force trauma can hurt just as bad as a knife between their ribs.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day all around :(

Just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day all around :(
:( :hugs: We need a hugging emote
t4617.gif
t4621.gif
t4624.gif

and my favorite
t4619.gif

Reactions: 2 users
I lost my gloves at the park on Saturday :( :( :( I thoroughly tore apart my house tonight and checked every last nook I thought they could sneak off into but no luck. They must have fallen out of my pocket when I got into the car. now i have no good winter gloves (just a very thin, old, cheapo $2 pair). ideal, given that we got a bunch (okay maybe 1.5 inches, but if it sticks its a bunch in my book ;) ) of snow today and are slated to get more tomorrow. i hate winter. winter just go away, you are making me very cold, sad, and angry. soooo sad that i lost these gloves :( :cryi:

Good to know.

I'm really glad there are people out there looking out for us less-sharp folks. What would we do without them?

Reactions: 1 user
Finding a place to live for a semester is stressful. No one wants to do short-term leases.

Finding a place to live for a semester is stressful. No one wants to do short-term leases.
Would they let you do a regular lease and then sublet? Or maybe let you find someone to make a new lease and end your responsibility at the end of the semester?

Members don't see this ad :)
Would they let you do a regular lease and then sublet? Or maybe let you find someone to make a new lease and end your responsibility at the end of the semester?
Yeah it's totally possible, but I'm always leery of something going wrong and I'm left with an empty apartment while I'm away that I'm still having to pay for.

Yeah it's totally possible, but I'm always leery of something going wrong and I'm left with an empty apartment while I'm away that I'm still having to pay for.
Totally understandable. I'm having to worry about that with my current place.

its snowing. :annoyed:

make that freezing rain. :annoyed::annoyed:

haha now its just raining. i think these weather people are big fat liars and this is actually going to be a washout. :laugh: hopefully not 12 inches of rain though ;)

Last edited:
The really really loud and annoying German shepherd who barks at anything that walks through the treatment area door, frightening all of our really scared patients and irritating the humans. The worst part, she's here for two weeks.

Just got over being sick... maybe two days ago? And now I'm getting sick again. Feverish and everything.. and we are about to enter the last two weeks of classes.. not what I was hoping for. +pity+

I have been sitting outside the physics department door for two hours and ten minutes. They were supposed to be here at 8. It is now 9:56. One professor has shown, and he is not the one I need. I understand that it snowed last night. Trust me, I brushed it off my truck. But this is Colorado. Snow is not a new thing. It's been snowing here for a long time. There is absolutely no reason to be two hours late. None. It snowed maybe 7 inches. Maybe. Probably closer to 5 in most areas. That is not a big deal here. That should not be a problem. You wake up early and you leave early to be on time. That's what I did. So where are you, physics department!!!!!!?????? I need to get pre-registered for summer classes here cause I am non-degree seeking and I want to retake Physics I and II at the same time AND NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY E-MAILS TO SET UP A MEETING TIME TO GET THIS DONE!!!!!! Registration starts on Monday!!!

I cannot stand "pre vets" (but there's probably some vet students who do this too) who say "I'm not interested in ____ AT ALL." or worse "I'm looking for a school with ____ area. I'm not interested in learning ____ at all."

Please, get out of your self-centered bubble. I'm not interested in your area either, but I get that it's going to help my overall education.

My group had our second surgery today (I was on anesthesia). Could do literally nothing right :( Took me forever to get an IVC in, 5 tries for intubation (sorry friend), and then his BP dropped to 50 mmHg and I almost broke down in tears in the middle of the OR. Dog's okay and no worse for wear. I know I'm probably being super critical of myself, but I'm really bummed that literally NOTHING I did today went right. Just ugh.

My group had our second surgery today (I was on anesthesia). Could do literally nothing right :( Took me forever to get an IVC in, 5 tries for intubation (sorry friend), and then his BP dropped to 50 mmHg and I almost broke down in tears in the middle of the OR. Dog's okay and no worse for wear. I know I'm probably being super critical of myself, but I'm really bummed that literally NOTHING I did today went right. Just ugh.
these things happen. Just think about what you learned from the experience and that the dog is ok. *hugs*

Hopefully you have better luck from now on. I think everyone has those days. I can't imagine how many tries it will take me to do all of those things....I think you're doing just fine :)

I have been sitting outside the physics department door for two hours and ten minutes. They were supposed to be here at 8. It is now 9:56. One professor has shown, and he is not the one I need. I understand that it snowed last night. Trust me, I brushed it off my truck. But this is Colorado. Snow is not a new thing. It's been snowing here for a long time. There is absolutely no reason to be two hours late. None. It snowed maybe 7 inches. Maybe. Probably closer to 5 in most areas. That is not a big deal here. That should not be a problem. You wake up early and you leave early to be on time. That's what I did. So where are you, physics department!!!!!!?????? I need to get pre-registered for summer classes here cause I am non-degree seeking and I want to retake Physics I and II at the same time AND NO ONE HAS ANSWERED MY E-MAILS TO SET UP A MEETING TIME TO GET THIS DONE!!!!!! Registration starts on Monday!!!
Godspeed.

Reactions: 2 users
I cannot stand "pre vets" (but there's probably some vet students who do this too) who say "I'm not interested in ____ AT ALL." or worse "I'm looking for a school with ____ area. I'm not interested in learning ____ at all."

Please, get out of your self-centered bubble. I'm not interested in your area either, but I get that it's going to help my overall education.

Still, not interested in learning about sheep or pigs... :p

(sorry, I had to). Medicine does spill over some between the species so maybe some things will help overall in your education, but after vet school I plan on dumping quite a few things rather quickly from my muddled pool of information that is somewhere within my brain... ;)

(I have a feeling a lot of the farm animal guys will be doing the same thing with cats at my school.. )

yeah but thats why we have limited licensure, right? oh wait, we dont? you mean my board exam is going to actually cover all species?? :rolleyes: people are dumb.

(sorry, I had to). Medicine does spill over some between the species so maybe some things will help overall in your education, but after vet school I plan on dumping quite a few things rather quickly from my muddled pool of information that is somewhere within my brain... ;)

(I have a feeling a lot of the farm animal guys will be doing the same thing with cats at my school.. )

Ha. Ha. Ha. :bang: (Also, sheep. Gross. :p )

I'm fine with not being interested in everything but these people in my life won't quit talking about how much they hate learning about certain species. Just, like, stop. I already have a limited supply of sanity left and I'm still a few months shy of graduating and GETTING AWAY FROM YOU. But, watch, we'll probably end up at the same school. That's my life.

Ha. Ha. Ha. :bang: (Also, sheep. Gross. :p )

I'm fine with not being interested in everything but these people in my life won't quit talking about how much they hate learning about certain species. Just, like, stop. I already have a limited supply of sanity left and I'm still a few months shy of graduating and GETTING AWAY FROM YOU. But, watch, we'll probably end up at the same school. That's my life.

You'll hear it again in vet school. From small animal people, equine people, and large animal people.

Reactions: 4 users
yes, but it's not accredited yet and has a high cost of attendance. Mostly to pay off my personal debt ;)
I'm sure the AVMA will accredit your school--I mean they have such high standards for all the others. :whistle:

If you wait until you graduate you've waited too long. :)

Someone asked me a cow question a few weeks ago. Hahahahahaha.

If you take a trip here and want experience for 1-2 weeks, I can make that happen, too.

One of the things I promised myself was to give back to my veterinary community.
How close are you to Oviedo? Or Ft. Meyer?

Switched on-call shifts with a group mate...got called in twice (one at 6 PM literally as I walked into my front door and the other 2 AM). I'm so exhausted but still have a good bit of paperwork to do tonight as well as clean the guinea pig cage...