RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
aggievet--Maybe it is just a short reaction to the stupid flea stuff, and some medication and she will be just fine!

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to read a trashy romance novel that would make my heart flutter this fine Saturday. But noooooooooo.

Now I'm all riled up about how the guy kissing the girl without her consent isn't sexy. The best friend of the guy groped the main girl and then later in the book they're all buddies. That's all fine and good? Just..... ERG!!!

giphy.gif

i'm sorry i just wanted to get some happy reading in today and i'm SO DISAPPOINTED

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to read a trashy romance novel that would make my heart flutter this fine Saturday. But noooooooooo.

Now I'm all riled up about how the guy kissing the girl without her consent isn't sexy. The best friend of the guy groped the main girl and then later in the book they're all buddies. That's all fine and good? Just..... ERG!!!

giphy.gif

i'm sorry i just wanted to get some happy reading in today and i'm SO DISAPPOINTED
healthy consensual relationships aren't dramatic enough for a good plot~

Reactions: 1 users

giphy.gif

Nicholas Sparks never disappoints.

Reactions: 1 user

giphy.gif

I've read very few romance books and this is why.

Besides Nicholas Sparks, anyone have some recs?

My sister used to go to the store and buy the most poorly written ones she could find and then read them out loud to me at home. My favorites are a toss up between
a very graphic caulking scene while a guy was tied to a regular chair that was in a shower on a cruise boat for some reason and the one about a time traveling prostitute who did a 360 spin on a guy's caulking gun.

Reactions: 5 users
My sister used to go to the store and buy the most poorly written ones she could find and then read them out loud to me at home. My favorites are a toss up between
a very graphic caulking scene while a guy was tied to a regular chair that was in a shower on a cruise boat for some reason and the one about a time traveling prostitute who did a 360 spin on a guy's caulking gun.
My mind is trying to comprehend that last scenario and I just cannot.

This thriller I read about a girl with amnesia actually has a really good romantic subplot. Never Look Back by Jennifer L. Armentrout.

Also there's a trilogy by Jenny Han that I read a couple years ago and enjoyed. The Summer I Turned Pretty is the first one. Good if you don't mind love triangles.

The Hating Game by Sally Thorne

Premise is an office romance where they start out loathing each other. It’s fun, light-hearted, and hilarious. I. Freaking. Love. It. I’ve re-read it like 3 times now.

Also Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. It’s another favorite of mine. It Ends With Us is also good by her but it will break your heart.

I have other recs if anyone wants me to list them out.

The second one sounds like it was from Crazy Eyes' novel in OITNB

Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 5 users
Did you read the description for that?

Allow me:

HDX 9 in. Caulk Gun with a thrust ratio of 6:1. The gun has a spout cutter and seal punch. It uses 10 oz. Tubes. It is Drip Free and also has ladder hook.
There’s also professional heavy duty ones. 13:1 thrust power, 13”, 29 oz tubes.

Did you read the description for that?

Allow me:

HDX 9 in. Caulk Gun with a thrust ratio of 6:1. The gun has a spout cutter and seal punch. It uses 10 oz. Tubes. It is Drip Free and also has ladder hook.
This one has an aluminum sausage barrel. Also has incredible pushing force for your toughest jobs and exceptional bead control. Also has different settings to change the IPM so you can have anywhere from 0 to 21 inches per minute. It’s ideal for the jobsite or DIY projects at home.
Milwaukee M18 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless 20 oz. Caulk and Adhesive Gun Kit Aluminum Sausage W/(1) 1.5Ah Battery, Charger-2642-21CT - The Home Depot

Premise is an office romance where they start out loathing each other. It’s fun, light-hearted, and hilarious. I. Freaking. Love. It. I’ve re-read it like 3 times now.

Also Hopeless by Colleen Hoover. It’s another favorite of mine. It Ends With Us is also good by her but it will break your heart.

I have other recs if anyone wants me to list them out.
I read The Hating Game on my day off this week! I loved it. :D I'm going to make my sister read it and I'm so excited.

This conversation make me mildly uncomfortable and I can't place why.

Reactions: 2 users
okay nevermind

I am inexperienced in spackling and caulking and shall be heading to bed like the wholesome person I am.

Reactions: 7 users

I have read Hopeless. I don’t remember much about it but I am pretty sure I liked it?

Edit: Went to reread the cover and now I remember it better.

So far so good on this one lol
As a fellow five foot tall person, there are many #relateable moments

Hahahahah I don't even remember what I wrote now, but I do remember taking longer to write that answer than any other :laugh:
Here, let me remind you:

What the **** is spackle? I feel like this is a Murica only question cause you guys call things weird. We use caulk to fill watertight seals on things like tubs and sinks where they meet the wall here and i dont know what the heck ya'll think a product with a name like spackle is gonna do to help you out.

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah but no. Different materials, same application method

Yes, but in parts of Canada we use the term plaster as a catch all for wall repair products like that - much in the same way spackle went from a brand to generic term as described in Ski's screenshot

Reactions: 3 users