RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don'tknow why these are on this thread, but I approve of this whole conversation.

I read a book where the characters did that 2nd one, but they were evolved humans that lived in the layers of the sun and were made of plasma. So without gravity, caulking involved a lot of suction instead of vertical movement. The scene was weird though because she didn't like the guy and kept commenting on him being fat, sweaty, bald, and useless in between squeezing her legs back and forth to create the afformentioned suction. It will probably be forever stuck in my head as a scene written by a very un confident man.

I was laughing so hard!
@Trilt this popped up after. same dramatic reading... but with sketches... also nsfw

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I don'tknow why these are on this thread, but I approve of this whole conversation.
This is how it started
I just wanted to read a trashy romance novel that would make my heart flutter this fine Saturday. But noooooooooo.
Now I'm all riled up about how the guy kissing the girl without her consent isn't sexy. The best friend of the guy groped the main girl and then later in the book they're all buddies. That's all fine and good? Just..... ERG!!!

giphy.gif

i'm sorry i just wanted to get some happy reading in today and i'm SO DISAPPOINTED
And then @vetmedhead happened
My sister used to go to the store and buy the most poorly written ones she could find and then read them out loud to me at home. My favorites are a toss up between
a very graphic caulking scene while a guy was tied to a regular chair that was in a shower on a cruise boat for some reason and the one about a time traveling prostitute who did a 360 spin on a guy's caulking gun.

Reactions: 1 users
Not much to say, really. Just that I think I'm falling into another major depressive episode and I've felt horrible for the past 2.5 weeks or so. Empty and exhausted both mentally and physically.

And it sucks because my life is largely going alright; it's just the stupid illness. Bah.
Hugs friend. Lots of hugs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not much to say, really. Just that I think I'm falling into another major depressive episode and I've felt horrible for the past 2.5 weeks or so. Empty and exhausted both mentally and physically.

And it sucks because my life is largely going alright; it's just the stupid illness. Bah.
Sending positive thoughts your way.

I'm so proud of myself for not losing my s*** on a recent facebook post of a person who took over as the foster for a dog I fostered in vet school. She has a dog with mitral valve disease who has been in and out of failure like twice within the past month. The other day it had it's second what I presume is CHF episode with increased RR/RE. She declined hospitalization and only wanted an IV dose of lasix and then to take the oxygen dependent dog home (I watched a video of it's efforted breathing and it was obvious effort, not that meh, you'll probably actually do okay if I send you home loaded with lasix). I feel like there are two sides to the story as I would be shocked if a vet ER made a CHF owner wait 2 hours to be seen. We're a ridiculous busy ER here and even when it's multiple stats, I can typically get a CHF admitted in less than a half hour if the owners are going to treat. That being said, I obviously also don't know what actually happened.

If this truly happened (I suspect more that the dog was given lasix, o2, stabilized and the o had to wait a little to be put into a room but again I'm several states away and I'm going based on how we practice here) I 100% understand her anger, but she's made a facebook post to bash the hospital. And of course someone makes a comment about how dare they "charge us almost human hospital prices and still make you wait." I'd really like to know what human hospital they're going to where you can get an echo, assessed by a Dr and treated for CHF in under $2k (my cases here I can typically get treated for $1.5-2k with echo, 3vc rads and 1-2 days of hospitalization with oxygen and meds). I know that my echo alone was $500 and was done by a nurse and then I still had to wait like 3 weeks to even talk to the cardiologist. I'm also probably slightly annoyed because this owner is a nurse and doing the whole "I'm a nurse, therefor ..." (not bashing all nurse owners, some are quiet lovely!)

I'm torn about limiting her posts because I just don't want to see that stuff, but she periodically gets updates about our mutual foster and I'd like to see those...It's also stuff I don't need after an insanely busy ER weekend where we still had a 4+ hour wait at 3 freaking AM (thank god I was done, but I worked day which was a cluster) and each of us are easily seeing 14+ cases per shift.

Holy crap. The dog in the above post totally just might have died at home and she's posting pictures on facebook...it's not directly stated but I'm getting this vibe based on the wording of the post. I really try not to judge owners but if this is truly the case, I think posting the pictures on facebook is a little inappropriate.

ETA: false alarm. She's still alive.

Last edited:
I'm so proud of myself for not losing my s*** on a recent facebook post of a person who took over as the foster for a dog I fostered in vet school. She has a dog with mitral valve disease who has been in and out of failure like twice within the past month. The other day it had it's second what I presume is CHF episode with increased RR/RE. She declined hospitalization and only wanted an IV dose of lasix and then to take the oxygen dependent dog home (I watched a video of it's efforted breathing and it was obvious effort, not that meh, you'll probably actually do okay if I send you home loaded with lasix). I feel like there are two sides to the story as I would be shocked if a vet ER made a CHF owner wait 2 hours to be seen. We're a ridiculous busy ER here and even when it's multiple stats, I can typically get a CHF admitted in less than a half hour if the owners are going to treat. That being said, I obviously also don't know what actually happened.

If this truly happened (I suspect more that the dog was given lasix, o2, stabilized and the o had to wait a little to be put into a room but again I'm several states away and I'm going based on how we practice here) I 100% understand her anger, but she's made a facebook post to bash the hospital. And of course someone makes a comment about how dare they "charge us almost human hospital prices and still make you wait." I'd really like to know what human hospital they're going to where you can get an echo, assessed by a Dr and treated for CHF in under $2k (my cases here I can typically get treated for $1.5-2k with echo, 3vc rads and 1-2 days of hospitalization with oxygen and meds). I know that my echo alone was $500 and was done by a nurse and then I still had to wait like 3 weeks to even talk to the cardiologist. I'm also probably slightly annoyed because this owner is a nurse and doing the whole "I'm a nurse, therefor ..." (not bashing all nurse owners, some are quiet lovely!)

I'm torn about limiting her posts because I just don't want to see that stuff, but she periodically gets updates about our mutual foster and I'd like to see those...It's also stuff I don't need after an insanely busy ER weekend where we still had a 4+ hour wait at 3 freaking AM (thank god I was done, but I worked day which was a cluster) and each of us are easily seeing 14+ cases per shift.

I definitely saw CHF animals wait a couple hours for the owners to be seen during my internship. However, that meant the animal was triaged back, given lasix, in O2, flashed, etc. It was just that the client had to wait in the lobby for awhile.

Reactions: 1 user
I definitely saw CHF animals wait a couple hours for the owners to be seen during my internship. However, that meant the animal was triaged back, given lasix, in O2, flashed, etc. It was just that the client had to wait in the lobby for awhile.

Right. I've had that happen too if I end up having to triage multiple things but the point is the dog was evaluated. The owner is stating that her dog was never looked at for 2 hours which is what I have a hard time believing. I might not have made that it clear by my wording. I personally will still see those owners prior to whatever other case I'm dealing with if it is 100% more stable. If i'm dealing with more than one STAT at a time, which happens way too often, things are a different story.

Also, last night was super rough. I euthanized one of the worst dog attacks I've seen on a sweet 14 year old chihuahua. It was his housemate and it's cases like that that make me never want to have more than 1 dog at a time. And then when I was leaving work I hit some sort of baby animal with my car as it bounced up onto my windshield.

I had to call 911 in the middle of my work day today because someone threatened to kill me and specified fairly graphically how they would do it. Shook me up pretty bad.

Now that I’m home and have some time all alone to reflect, I’m really wondering about pushing my quitting date up sooner. The area I was in at the time is an area I am sometimes in when it is getting dark, and there isn’t a ton of people in the surrounding area.

I had to call 911 in the middle of my work day today because someone threatened to kill me and specified fairly graphically how they would do it. Shook me up pretty bad.

Now that I’m home and have some time all alone to reflect, I’m really wondering about pushing my quitting date up sooner. The area I was in at the time is an area I am sometimes in when it is getting dark, and there isn’t a ton of people in the surrounding area.
That's terrible. Stay safe BBC

That sounds terrifying. I'm glad you're okay!

Members don't see this ad :)

I’m glad you’re okay bbc<3
Do whatever you need to to stay safe. If that means quitting early, I’m all for it. Is pepper spray legal to carry in Canada?

That is awful and I'm glad you're ok. I would definitely be leaning towards quitting early too.

I have to move all of my and my boyfriend's stuff to a new apartment in our complex by this weekend. And then I have to move all of my stuff to Wisconsin in a month.

I. Hate. Moving.

Reactions: 4 users
I have to move all of my and my boyfriend's stuff to a new apartment in our complex by this weekend. And then I have to move all of my stuff to Wisconsin in a month.

I. Hate. Moving.
Girl, literally doing the same stuff! Only, I'm moving bf's stuff tomorrow and then moving to ithaca over the weekend!!!

I. Hate. Moving.
Girl, literally doing the same stuff! Only, I'm moving bf's stuff tomorrow and then moving to ithaca over the weekend!!!
Join the club! so. many. boxes.

I forget how much worthless **** I hoard until I have to put all of my possessions into boxes.

Reactions: 4 users

I. Hate. Moving.

Moving is the worst.
I'm still planning on packing everything myself this go-round, but my new grown-up doctor job will reimburse for moving expenses...so I'm paying someone else to do the lifting. Still trying to use this as an opportunity to purge all the junk I've accumulated over the last 3 years in this place.

So I’m really good at building IKEA/ box furniture. It’s something I’m rather proud of, give me about an hour, a Dr Pepper, and the instructions and it’s built. So I ordered this desk from Wayfair and I looked through the instructions online. There are no words. Just hand drawn pictures. :punch:

And then this is one of the first pages. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? What is the point of this??

E9B6EEA0-6A84-43A5-823F-1E5AAABE7CC6.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
So I’m really good at building IKEA/ box furniture. It’s something I’m rather proud of, give me about an hour, a Dr Pepper, and the instructions and it’s built. So I ordered this desk from Wayfair and I looked through the instructions online. There are no words. Just hand drawn pictures. :punch:

And then this is one of the first pages. WHAT DOES IT MEAN? What is the point of this??

View attachment 237402
You need two people to build, the following tools, lay out the parts on a rug to not damage them, blast some tunes, and get going!

Reactions: 7 users

View attachment 237402

There are only two men's restrooms; the screwdriver don't no drill to help it; random hammer; bring your boards to the beach to sunbathe; your speaker has a head and it's in danger.

Reactions: 6 users

View attachment 237402
This is the kinda weird stuff that shows up on telephone pictionary

Sent from my SM-G900T using SDN mobile

Ok, more ranting but that’s what this thread is for.

I’ve done so much adulting today. Drove all morning for work, and then continued to be busy at work once I got back to the lab. Came home and started packing things up for my move. Then my mom texts and says I need to talk to my younger sister and give her advice. Then my landlord for my new apt calls and tells me to set things up with the utility company. Then I have to put out recycling. Then I have to relay all of the info my landlord told me to the roommate and also write checks and make an account with the utilities place.

Can I go back to my vacation?

Pretty sure my car was robbed last night. All my change, an old non functional GPS, some used gift cards and my ray bans( a pair I found many years ago and no one claimed them so not mad about them missing since I never paid) are all gone. No signs of forced entry so I must have left my car unlocked, which is totally possible since I came off an overnight yesterday. Not really mad, just weirded out.

So yesterday my boyfriend was at work when a tornado hit. The factory and his car were destroyed but there were no injuries thankfully. He doesn’t think insurance will fully cover what he needs to get a new car though because he still owed on it plus now he’s trying to find a job for a few months until they rebuild and life was going so well before this :(

So yesterday my boyfriend was at work when a tornado hit. The factory and his car were destroyed but there were no injuries thankfully. He doesn’t think insurance will fully cover what he needs to get a new car though because he still owed on it plus now he’s trying to find a job for a few months until they rebuild and life was going so well before this :(
I’m glad he’s at least okay but the rest of that sucks :(

Also, just after I posted this reply a commercial on my tv came on for liberty mutual advertising that they’ll replace the full value of your car :laugh:

My meds are interacting. Last night I vomited blood. I don't have time for this!

So I've been dating this guy and it's going amazing so far. He treats me like a princess and makes me so happy. He's met my parents so far one time. They seem to be ok with the relationship and want to get to know him more. I was with my aunt and uncle yesterday and they were asking questions that made me want to pull my hair out and scream. They have yet to meet him. He's studying cybersecurity and is from Africa. He's on a student visa here in the US. The first thing they said was why would they have undocumented illegals working on our cybersecurity? I proceeded to leave the table and cry in a bathroom. They asked things like does he speak English? I'm like no we communicate by pointing to things! Make fun of his last name, the fact that he has an English and African name. They go on to say yeah you definitely can't be thinking of marriage at this point (it's a new relationship and I agree), but they proceed to tell me that biracial kids get made fun of in school. Makes total sense to don't think about marriage to having kids with him. They tell me that he could have alterior motives for dating me (green card) which is at the back of my mind because of the logistics of the situation but I don't feel as if this is a scam and time will tell anyways. He doesn't give me any red flags of that sort. Finally they're like if he makes you happy we will come to love him. Like I'm not going to choose between me and my family but sheesh at least give the guy a chance before you start ridiculing him. Sometimes I'm like should I still go through with this with it being so hard, but I know he's worth it and a great guy so I hope they come to accept in him the end. Great place to rant. Thanks!

So I've been dating this guy and it's going amazing so far. He treats me like a princess and makes me so happy. He's met my parents so far one time. They seem to be ok with the relationship and want to get to know him more. I was with my aunt and uncle yesterday and they were asking questions that made me want to pull my hair out and scream. They have yet to meet him. He's studying cybersecurity and is from Africa. He's on a student visa here in the US. The first thing they said was why would they have undocumented illegals working on our cybersecurity? I proceeded to leave the table and cry in a bathroom. They asked things like does he speak English? I'm like no we communicate by pointing to things! Make fun of his last name, the fact that he has an English and African name. They go on to say yeah you definitely can't be thinking of marriage at this point (it's a new relationship and I agree), but they proceed to tell me that biracial kids get made fun of in school. Makes total sense to don't think about marriage to having kids with him. They tell me that he could have alterior motives for dating me (green card) which is at the back of my mind because of the logistics of the situation but I don't feel as if this is a scam and time will tell anyways. He doesn't give me any red flags of that sort. Finally they're like if he makes you happy we will come to love him. Like I'm not going to choose between me and my family but sheesh at least give the guy a chance before you start ridiculing him. Sometimes I'm like should I still go through with this with it being so hard, but I know he's worth it and a great guy so I hope they come to accept in him the end. Great place to rant. Thanks!
All of the racial and immigrant stuff in there is worm infested monkey poop. They need to cut that **** out and quarantine it somewhere far away before you are forced to.

In most places in the US, kids in school don't care about biracial kids the way your parents and grandparents did. Hell, in your grandparents day, they were likely still sending mom's of biracial kids to give birth in secret or shunning them from "polite society."

Just focus on you two. Figure out if he's worth it. If he is, cool. I have a set of friends who met on a missions trip to Africa, he managed to come back to the US to do his PhD (I think religious studies), and now they are married. She covered her wall in pictures of happiness while they were dating. There were still angry comments, but she knew he was worth it (and had friends that backed her up). Now that they are married, people complain less, but I know they still face challenges. And they are still very in love.

There is a podcast episode from Decoded that speaks directly to this, but I would need to go look.

Tldr: If he is right for you, you will have a whole lot of people behind you to help fight back against that old, tired, angry, racist mindset. Figure that out first. Then, if you need us, let us know.

Reactions: 11 users
Don’t quote, just need to vent. I’ve been feeling pretty down since getting dumped earlier this week. This guy was everything I’m looking for, and he said the same about me, but the spark wasn’t there on his end. However, I think part of the reason why I’m upset is because I never thought I would still be single and approaching 30 years old. While rational me completely understands that there is nothing wrong with not being married yet, I just never envisioned my life this way. I also never envisioned still being in school at this age though. I want the husband and the kids and the house and the dog and the whole deal. I know I still have time, but that time is ticking. I also feel like everything else in my life goes right except my personal life, so when it even goes remotely well for a little bit, I’m just waiting for it to fall apart. Another thing that isn’t helping is being literally 6 hours away from any friends or family as I’m finishing a summer internship. I know I’ll start feeling better soon and the man of my dreams is out there, I’d just like to hurry up in us finding each other.